Of course we all want to keep an eye on the things that are most important to us. But, it’s difficult to keep an eye on these things when we’re not there. That’s where a mini camera can come in.
It’s an affordable solution if you want to do some covert recording to keep your family, yourself or your property safe and secure. Or, you may be doing some home improvement projects and want to make sure that the people you hire are doing what you’re paying them to do.
Keep on reading for our top picks for miniature cameras to help you find the one that’s right for you. All of them can easily fit into your pocket, and even rest on a single finger!
Top Pick: Mini Spy Camera for Indoor/Outdoor Use
- Dual Detachable Lens Camera Perfect for Home Security: Unique New Concept design leading mini camera...
- Strong Function: Besides loop recording, this hidden camera supports to take videos/snapshot and...
- Motion Detection Wi-Fi Surveillance Camera: This is a network camera. You can remotely view or...
- Portable Camera: Built in Solid 500mah Rechargeable Battery. It ensures the continuous record up to...
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: If the lens is broken while you installing this mini camera, we can...
Are you looking for a device with motion detection that can be placed anywhere and not seen? Then this hidden camera with 1080p might be a good choice for you. It’s our top pick here at Spy Cameras Reviewed.
Features of this High Quality Camera
- Works well as a nanny cam
- Can be easily hidden out of sight just about anywhere
- Includes motion detection sensor
- Runs on Wi-Fi
- Can be viewed by multiple users
- Video/snapshot capabilities
- Dual camera function
- Supports up to a 126 GB SD card (not included)
- You can also save the footage to your phone via the phone app
- Built-in rechargeable batteries that lasts for up to 2 hours
- 12 month warranty
What do People Think About this Mini Wifi Camera?
“Love this thing. Very easy to set up and has a nice, clear view of everything. I wanted to see what’s happening at my front door, but I didn’t want to drop a ton of money on a video doorbell and get that all set-up. This is a nice alternative that worked well for my needs.”
“The 1080P camera is very sharp and easy to see everything clearly. I LOVE having live footage of what’s going on with my kids and the babysitter when I’m not home. It seems like it’ll work outdoors as well.”
“I work in an industrial setting and I wanted to see where my tools were going when I wasn’t around. I installed one of these in the tool shed and the mystery was solved. That person got fired and I saved the day!”
Shop Now for this Mini Cam
Do you want to check out one of the best miniature cameras that can be used for a huge variety of purposes? Head over to Amazon.com to find the lowest prices and to see if it’s eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Hidden Small Camera with Wi-Fi
- WiFi Spy Camera with 150° Wide Viewing Angle. This spy hidden camera can be connected with your...
- Mini Size Hidden Camera for Easy Hiding, Fit Anywhere. The spy camera is really small, you can put...
- 20 Feet Clear Night Vision. With high power infrared LED lights , the wifi hidden camera can give...
- Motion Detection Recording Security Camera.Motion Detection Recording Security Camera. Smart motion...
- Full HD 1080P Nanny Cam with Loop Recording. This nanny cam home security camera with HD 1080P lens,...
Another top pick for mini camera is this one with night vision motion detection features. The strong magnetic fit makes it super easy to install just about anywhere. And it’s so small in size that’s it’s quite difficult to detect it.
If you want livestream footage from what’s going on in your home, then this might be the ultimate mini camera for you. Keep on reading to find out more about this small concealed camera.
Key Features of this 1080p Mini Camera
- Real-time audio and video recording via Android or iOS app (clear image on any screen)
- High quality 1080P resolution gives you a clear color picture
- Advanced technology
- Can be used outside as well
- Up to 4 people can view it via app
- Wide angle (150 degree)
- Up to 20 foot night vision
- Motion detection with app push notification
“I got a couple of these to check on my dog when I’m not home. I didn’t want to spend too much money on a smart home camera thing and decided on these ones. They did the trick and I’m pretty happy with them. I actually ended up buying a couple more to cover more areas of my house.”
“Very light and small but it takes decent video. The magnet based mounting system really sets this one apart from the competition though. It’s super easy to install anywhere in just a couple of minutes.”
“Love the updated version of this one…better picture quality for sure and is one of the top products in the category.”
Where to Buy this Video Camera?
You can easily find this top-quality spy camera on Amazon. Check now for the best prices and to add this item to your cart:
Mini Hidden Spy Camera
- Special Note - This is a offline mini camera which does not support live video or Wi-Fi function. It...
- The Smallest Hidden Camera - Record both photos and videos without any attention. Perfect for home,...
- HD 720P/1080P Night Vision Mini Camera - Our kids room security camera delivers you fantastic...
- Motion Detection Nanny Cam - Our small spy camera can record video continuously, it also supports...
- 100% Satisfied Guarantee - Comes with a 6-month worry-free warranty. Please feel free to contact...
Next up on our list is this mini action camera without Wi-Fi. If you just need the ability to go back and see what happened, but not watch live streaming, then this one may be right for you.
It’s one of the smallest ones on the list, and also has some of the highest user ratings in the whole category. Read more to find out all the details you need to know about it.
Key Features of this Digital Device
- Full 1080p full HD recording quality
- Night vision will automatically turn on and off
- Motion detection (turn on this function and it will record only when motion is detected)
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use
- Battery charging for 2 hours via charger cord allows for 1 hour of using time
- 16 GB micro SD card and reader included
- 6 month warranty
- Excellent customer service
What People Think About It
“I needed to get a camera to keep an eye on my tools while I was at work. People borrow them, don’t return them and then deny ever having taken them. This thing is awesome because I now have proof. The result: people have stopped stealing my tools because they know I have a hidden camera watching them.”
“Didn’t need Wi-Fi or remote access for a hidden camera, just the ability to play it back if someone happened. I’ve tried a few different miniature cameras and this one is the best of the bunch, by far.”
“I have one of these things that I use for a nanny cam. I love to see how my caregiver treats my baby when I’m not around and this device is perfect for that.”
Where to Get It?
You can easily find this top-quality mini camera on Amazon.com. Head on over there to learn more about it:
Waterproof Mini Camera
- 【Easy to use】 Just plug in the T-Flash card to start recording. Very convenient to operate.
- 【Long standby】 Support TF memory card, fully charged, can work for about 100 minutes.
- 【ALL on one mini camera】Although the camera is very small, it is equipped with all the useful...
- 【Quality guaranteed】Compact form factor, portable handheld DV, imported HD lens, it is very...
If you’re looking for something that can stand up to the elements outdoors, then this waterproof spy camera might be your top pick. It’s ideal for outdoor use obviously, but can be used to keep an eye on your home, or for things like sports.
Do you need a tough hidden camera for using outside? Then you’ll want to consider this one. Keep on reading to find out more about it. However, you can’t view the footage via mobile device remotely with this one.
- Wide angle recording (155 degree)
- Easy to use (just plug in T-flash card). Up to 32 GB
- Can run for about 100 minutes
- Non-illuminating infrared night vision
- Doesn’t use Wi-Fi but can download footage to a computer via cable
What People Think About It
“This mini camera did the trick for me. I wanted to see what was going on with my kids after school when I wasn’t home. I had a feeling they were having friends over instead of doing their homework like they told me. This camera in the living room was exactly what I needed.”
“Awesome for keeping in your glove compartment to pull out in case a cop pulls you over. Or, if you get into a car accident and want to record your conversation and footage of the accident for later.”
“It was honestly no problem at all to get this up and running. It’s one of the easiest electronic devices to set-up that I’ve ever run across.”
Where to Buy It?
You can easily find this mini camera online. Check now the lowest prices and deals that may include free shipping:
Learn How Spy Cameras Work
Check out this short video to see one in action:
What’s the World’s Smallest Mini Camera?
- 1. This spy camera is world's smallest camera,it fit for all kinds of portable tools,.Residential...
- 2.Video Recorder:Very small and Lightweigh: , Compact design; B.Support video recording and charging...
- 3.WiFi camera, ease to use :Support Local and Remote connect ,WiFi distance about 30m ,Password...
- 4.Motion Detection: When motion is detected, the hidden camera will start recording automatically....
- 5. A RISK-FREE PURCHASE WARRANTY: We want you to feel confident when making this purchase. Our...
If you’re looking for the smallest hidden camera in the world, then this one is our to pick: The Magendara Spy Camera.
It’s tiny, works well and has a ton of great features that you’ll love about it. Unlike many other cameras that are more like little boxes, this one is mounted on a stick which can make placement easier. Keep on reading for more information about one of the worlds’ smallest cameras.
- Easy to use app (iPhone or Android) for remote viewing
- Motion detection
- Pictures or video
- Up to 128 GB memory card (not included)
- Can connect to Wi-Fi with a range of up to 30m
- Password protected to ensure privacy
- 6 month warranty
- Includes all the accessories you need to get started
“A lot of similar devices make your pay for a monthly service, but this one doesn’t. Quality is good and you normally get alerts within 3 seconds. I’m not that tech savvy but I was able to install in just a few minutes. Clear picture, etc. Overall, very happy with it!”
“One of the smallest mini cams out there. Plus, it works well and has a nice warranty in case you’re worried about the quality of it. They didn’t mention it, but turn off you data plan when connecting it to the phone app and it’ll go much more smoothly.”
“Take into account how you place this thing and do some testing first. There isn’t a huge viewing angle so you need to remember this. But, for the price? A really nice job!”
You can find this camera online, one of the top items on this list. Check now for the lowest prices, along with deals that include free shipping. Click the button below to learn more:
Tiny Camera in a USB Charger
- DIVINEEAGLE Dual USB Charger Spy Camera - This compact spy security camera is a USB charger that...
- Protect Family and Personal Property - Our hidden spy camera lets you keep an eye on babysitters,...
- Quick Plug and Play - A smart cop cam record that doesn't require WiFi, simply inserts a micro SD...
- Advanced Motion Detection - This powerful USB wall charger camera adapter records in full 1080P HD...
- Loop Recording and Memory Card Protection - The USB spy camera automatically records and overwrites...
A USB charger spy camera that you plug into your wall is obviously a good deal larger than some of the other tiny cameras that we’re reviewed up to this point. However, it does have a number of advantages and it’s certainly one that’s worth considering.
First of all, you can eliminate the power source issue that exists for most tiny cameras. You will be stuck in a constant cycle of having to remember to charge the device. This is because a USB charger is naturally just plugged into the wall.
Secondly, you can put them into basically any power outlet and not have to worry too much about detection. This is because they actually function as charging devices. Doesn’t that seem a lot easier than trying to hide something?
Check out one of our top picks for this kind of device.
- High quality full HD lens
- No wi-fi required
- 1 year warranty
- 24/7 support
- Motion detection feature
- Extremely easy to set up
- Compatible with up to a 32 GB memory card (not included)
- Loop recording feature
- Can record when motion is detected, or continuously
- Download the footage to a Mac, PC, or smartphone
- 90 degree field of view
- Functions as a USB charger
What are People Saying About It?
“I was looking for a way to monitor my room in a shared apartment while I was at work and this is the perfect solution. I had a feeling that someone was going into my room and I now know who it was and what they were doing. The picture is clear, and the motion sensor works quite well. It’s as easy to get up and running as the company says it will be. Super impressed, especially when you consider the affordable price.”
“Excellent product that looks and functions exactly like a USB charger. I had a small problem so contacted the company and they responded very quickly, even over the holidays. Highly recommended!”
“This USB spy camera overcomes the problem of many other spy cameras: the power source. It’s a product that’s naturally plugged into the wall so it doesn’t look suspicious. As for this particular device, I love that it doesn’t have a Wi-Fi feature. It makes it less easily detectable.”
Get Yours Today
Does it sound like the right tiny camera for you? Check out our top pick over on Amazon by clicking the button below:
Buyers Guide to Choosing the Best Mini Camera
If you want to know how to choose the best mini spy camera for your needs, then you’ll need to read our buying guide packed with information to help you find the best one.
Basically, they can be hidden in plain sight in ordinary things. You can record covertly in a variety of situations. They can used as a nanny cam, to keep an eye on your house at night, as a pet cam, to record an encounter with the police, etc. Just be sure that you know the local laws in your area with regards to whether or it’s legal to record people without their permission.
Besides that, here are the things you should consider when buying a mini cam.
Wired, Wireless, or Wi-Fi
They come in both styles: wired and wireless. A wired camera is connected to a storage device of some kind, usually a very small SD card. Maximum capacity varies, so check carefully, but 32gb is pretty standard.
Also, some devices include the micro SD card while other don’t, so this can have a big impact on price. What appears very cheap, may not actually be if you don’t already have a card that will work for it.
You can download the footage to Mac, PC or sometimes a Smartphone.
Wireless ones don’t have local storage of any kind, but can transmit to a receiver that’s within the specified range.
Finally, some cameras have Wi-Fi capabilities. This allows you to view the footage remotely via computer, smartphone or tablet and can make a nice option if you are using it for your house when you’re on vacation for example.
The lower the frame rate and the lower the quality of the video footage. On the contrary, the higher number of frames per second (FPS) and the better quality the footage will be.
You should only consider one with more than 12 FPS, although you can find some up to 30. When you consider the size of these things, it’s actually quite remarkable.
The resolution is simply a measure of how many pixels are displayed. The higher the resolution the better the quality.
Many spy cameras record in HD at a minimum of 1080p. This is quite impressive considering how small of a package they are. Some of them even have 4K capabilities.
If doesn’t matter what you plan on using the mini HD camera for, you’ll need to have motion detection. This is because the battery life of these devices is not great because they’re wireless, and don’t have room for a huge on-board battery.
You’ll certainly want your camera to go into standby mode when there’s nothing going on.
Night Vision for your CCTV
If you plan on using it at night, or outside, then you’ll certainly want night vision. In fact, it’s becoming more and more of a standard offering on mini cams like the ones on our list.
The way it works is that infrared lights illuminate the field of vision but not in a way that’s noticeable to people. As a general rule, the more IR lights, the better the brightness in low light situations.
Battery Life and Recording Time
In our opinion, this is one of the most important factors to consider. These things usually have small batteries, and 2 hours is about the maximum they go for. However, some of them are as little as 30-45 minutes.
It can certainly make a big difference so consider this factor carefully
There are various ways to mount this type of device, including magnets, clips or a mounting bracket. Which one is best? There’s no one single answer and it really does depend on your needs and requirements.
Photo/Snapshot or Only Video
Some devices take both a snapshot and video when motion is detected. Others only a snapshot, or only video. What’s best really depends on your needs so think carefully about what you require.
Easy to Use
Ideally, the device will be super easy to use, right out of the box. Basically plug and play. The less ideal ones require a ton of fiddling around to get them set up.
Customer Service and Warranty
The best companies have 24/7 customer service for a variety of options including chat and phone (US based call center is best). As with all electronics, you may run into some problems when getting started and it’s nice to have an easy source of help.
Quick, free delivery is something to consider as well.
You’ll also want to look for a 1-year warranty. Some of them even offer something like a 30-way, money-back guarantee. A company that offers this? You know they have a solid product that’s easy to get up and running.
What’s the Best Position for a Hidden Camera?
If you’re wondering where to put your spy camera, we have a few tips for you.
Practice Makes Perfect
If you’re just getting one of these devices set-up, expect some trial and error. You’ll have to do a number of tests to make sure it’s exactly where you want it. It can be very helpful to have someone helping you with this. You can hold it and they can move into various positions around the room to see what it records.
Field of View Varies
Some cameras have a much wider field of vision than others. Just because the camera you previously had could cover the whole room doesn’t mean a new one will.
You’ll have to test it out for yourself to see.
Consider Height Carefully
The most important thing is to record people’s faces. Pointing the camera down towards the knees won’t be that helpful in most cases. Of course, if you have pets that you’re trying to record, then it may be exactly what you need!
Don’t Obscure it too Much
Of course, you’ll want to make sure your spy camera is hidden (in most cases), so you’ll need to think carefully about where you can put it without it being noticed.
However, you don’t want it to be obscured too much because you won’t get a clear picture of what you’re trying to film. Strike a balance between the two.
Make sure your camera is facing away from natural light sources such as windows because shadows will make the footage lower quality. Also be sure to test the glare from lamps and other sources of light.
Or, Consider a Device that “Hides” in Plain Sight
Alternatively, you may want to consider a device that actually functions as something else (or just appears to do so). For example, a smoke detector, alarm clock, picture frame or USB charging device. These can sometimes be less easy to spot if someone is looking closely than a tiny camera that’s only function is a spying device.
You can see some of our top picks here: Top 5 Nanny Cameras.
Learn More about Hiding a Security Camera in your Home
Why Consider Using Miniature Cameras?
There are a number of reasons why you might consider using one of these devices in your home or business. Here are just a few of them.
Your Property is Going Missing
Many people have had the experience of their personal property going missing at work. For example, expensive personal tools are getting borrowed and then not returned. This expense can add up.
Consider a miniature camera to find out who is taking them, and then not returning them.
Another purpose is to keep an eye on your housekeeper. This is particularly true if household items are going missing. It’s worth the peace of mind to be able to monitor what’s happening when you’re not physically present.
Shared Rooms in a House or Apartment
If you have a shared room in a house with roommate that you don’t really know that well, then you may want to know if people are going into your room when you’re not home. This is especially critical if things are going missing from your room. A tiny HD camera can give you a really clear picture of what’s going on when you’re not there.
Do you want to keep an eye on pets when you’re not there? Something like a mini cam is a quick and easy way to do this. There are certainly pet cams that you might want to consider, but they have a ton of bells + whistles are quite a bit more expensive than a simple camera like the ones on this list.
Keeping an Eye on your Nanny
Do you have someone watching your children when you’re not there? Then you might want to make sure they’re not mistreating your children.
For example, you may want to place a place a tiny wifi camera in the babies room to see if your nanny is responding when the child cries. Or, how gently they’re treating your son or daughter during feeding and changing times.
For this purpose, you may want to consider something like an alarm clock, USB charger, picture frame or smoke detector that contains a hidden camera. They can “hidden” in plain sight. Here are some of our top nanny cam picks:
Are you going away for the weekend and leaving your teenager at home alone? Put a tiny spy cam facing towards the front door so you can see who’s coming and going from your house during that time. You may be able to prevent a big party from even getting started!
Of course, you’ll need to purchase a device that is connected to Wifi and sends alerts or messages to your Smartphone.
Journalism or Undercover Operations
Journalists and law enforcement officials may make use of these cameras as part of their jobs. Journalists, especially whistle-blowers may be trying to get some damming footage on tape. Police officers may be looking for the same thing, just in a different capacity.
Check the Local Laws about Concealed Cameras
***Important note*** Laws vary from place to place about hidden cameras and when it is, and isn’t legal to use them. Please make sure that you’re familiar with the laws in your local jurisdiction. And of course, remember our #1 rule at Spy Cameras Reviewed: Only for good and not for evil? Okay, awesome!
What about a Car Camera?
A mini car camera can offer a ton of protection in case you get into an accident or have an incident with the police. You may also want to consider one if you have live in a high crime area and want to have some evidence to give to the police in case something happens.
Finally, you may want to keep an eye on your children or employees who are driving vehicles that you own. Are they doing this safely, or not?
You can see some of our top picks here: Best Car Cameras.
Or, you can just check out some of the best tiny spy cameras for cars online:
I Think I’ve Been Bugged
If you think that your home, car, or office has been bugged, there are some things you can do to check. You can:
- Do a close physical inspection
- Listen carefully for any buzzing or clicking noises
- Investigate smoke detectors, USB hubs, or other electronic devices
- Look for wires that don’t lead to anything
- Turn off the lights and look for a glare
There are only a few of the things you can do if you think you have hidden cameras spying on. Learn more here:
Have your Say about these Mini Cameras
Do you have any recommendations for best micro cameras? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself who are concerned with keeping their home, family or business safe.
Latest posts by Bobby Miller (see all)
- Keqi Spy Watch Review | Hidden Camera Watch - April 22, 2019
- Best Voice Recorder? dB9Pro Voice Activated Recorder Review - April 22, 2019
- Best Hidden Camera Picture Frame: Keep your Home and Family Safe - April 12, 2019
Last update on 2019-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API