Of course we all want to keep an eye on the things that are most important to us. But, it’s difficult to keep an eye on these things when we’re not there. That’s where a mini camera can come in.
It’s an affordable solution if you want to do some covert recording to keep your family, yourself or your property safe and secure.
Keep on reading for our top picks for miniature cameras to help you find the one that’s right for you.
Top Pick: Mini Spy Camera for Indoor/Outdoor Use
- Dual Detachable Lens Camera Perfect for Home Security: Unique New Concept design leading mini camera...
- Strong Function: Besides loop recording, this hidden camera supports to take videos/snapshot and...
- Motion Detection Wi-Fi Surveillance Camera: This is a network camera. You can remotely view or...
- Portable Camera: Built in Solid 500mah Rechargeable Battery. It ensures the continuous record up to...
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: If the lens is broken while you installing this mini camera, we can...
Are you looking for a mini camera with motion detection that can be placed anywhere and not seen? Then this hidden camera with 1080p might be a good choice for you. It’s our top pick here at Spy Cameras Reviewed.
- Portable wireless security camera
- Works well as a nanny cam
- Can be easily hidden out of sight just about anywhere
- Includes motion detection sensor
- Runs on Wi-Fi
- Can be viewed by multiple users
- Video/snapshot capabilities
- Dual camera function
- Supports up to a 126 GB SD card (not included)
- You can also save the footage to your phone via the phone app
- Built-in rechargeable battery that lasts for up to 2 hours
- 12 month warranty
What do People Think About It?
“Love this thing. Very easy to set up and has a nice, clear view of everything. I wanted to see what’s happening at my front door, but I didn’t want to drop a ton of money on a video doorbell and get that all set-up. This is a nice alternative that worked well for my needs.”
“The 1080P camera is very sharp and easy to see everything clearly. I LOVE having live footage of what’s going on with my kids and the babysitter when I’m not home.”
Do you want to check out one of the best miniature cameras that can be used for a huge variety of purposes? Head over to Amazon.com to find the lowest prices and to see if it’s eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Hidden Small Camera with Wi-Fi
- WiFi Spy Camera with 150° Wide Viewing Angle. This spy hidden camera can be connected with your...
- Mini Size Hidden Camera for Easy Hiding, Fit Anywhere. The spy camera is really small, you can put...
- 20 Feet Clear Night Vision. With high power infrared LED lights , the wifi hidden camera can give...
- Motion Detection Recording Security Camera.Motion Detection Recording Security Camera. Smart motion...
- Full HD 1080P Nanny Cam with Loop Recording. This nanny cam home security camera with HD 1080P lens,...
Another top pick for mini camera is this one with night vision and motion detection. The strong magnetic fit makes it super easy to install just about anywhere. And it’s so small in size that’s it’s quite difficult to detect it.
If you want livestream footage from what’s going on in your home, then this might be the ultimate mini camera for you. Keep on reading to find out more about this small concealed camera.
- Real time audio and video recording
- 1080P resolution gives you a clear picture
- Can be used outside as well
- Up to 4 people can view it via app
- Wide viewing angle (150 degree)
- Up to 20 foot night vision
- Motion detection with app push notification
“I got a couple of these to check on my dog when I’m not home. I didn’t want to spend too much money on a smart home camera thing and decided on these ones. They did the trick and I’m pretty happy with them. I actually ended up buying a couple more to cover more areas of my house.”
“Very light and small but it takes decent video. The magnet based mounting system really sets this one apart from the competition though. It’s super easy to install anywhere in just a couple of minutes.”
Where to Buy It?
You can easily find this top-quality spy camera on Amazon. Check now for the best prices:
Mini Hidden Spy Camera
- The Smallest Hidden Camera - Record both photos and videos without any attention. Perfect for home,...
- HD 720P/1080P Night Vision Mini Camera - Our kids room security camera delivers you fantastic...
- Motion Detection Nanny Cam - Our small spy camera records video only when detecting movement if you...
- Bonus 16GB T-Flashing Card and Card Reader - We provide bonus memory card and card reader to make it...
- 100% Satisfied Guarantee - Comes with a 6-month worry-free warranty. Please feel free to contact...
Next up on our list is this mini camera without Wi-Fi. If you just need the ability to go back and see what happened, but not watch live streaming, then this one may be right for you.
It’s one of the smallest ones on the list, and also has some of the highest user ratings in the whole category. Read more to find out all the details you need to know about it.
- 1080P recording quality
- Night vision will automatically turn on and off
- Motion detector (turn on this function and it will record only when motion is detected)
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use
- Charging for 2 hours allows for 1 hour of using time
- 16 GB card and reader included
- 6 month warranty
What People Think About It
“I needed to get a camera to keep an eye on my tools while I was at work. People borrow them, don’t return them and then deny ever having taken them. This thing is awesome because I now have proof. The result: people have stopped stealing my tools because they know I have a hidden camera watching them.”
“Didn’t need Wi-Fi for a hidden camera, just the ability to play it back if someone happened. I’ve tried a few different miniature cameras and this one is the best of the bunch, by far.”
Where to Get It?
You can easily find this top-quality mini camera on Amazon.com. Head on over there to learn more about it:
Waterproof Mini Camera
- 【Easy to use】 Just plug in the T-Flash card to start recording. Very convenient to operate.
- 【Long standby】 Support TF memory card, fully charged, can work for about 100 minutes.
- 【ALL on one mini camera】Although the camera is very small, it is equipped with all the useful...
- 【Quality guaranteed】Compact form factor, portable handheld DV, imported HD lens, it is very...
If you’re looking for something that can stand up to the elements, then this waterproof spy camera might be your top pick. It’s ideal for outdoor use obviously, but can be used to keep an eye on your home, or for things like sports.
Do you need a tough hidden camera for using outside? Then you’ll want to consider this one. Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Wide angle recording (155 degree)
- Easy to use (just plug in T-flash card). Up to 32 GB
- Can run for about 100 minutes
- Non-illuminating infrared night vision
- Doesn’t use Wi-Fi
What People Think About It
“This mini camera did the trick for me. I wanted to see what was going on with my kids after school when I wasn’t home. I had a feeling they were having friends over instead of doing their homework like they told me. This camera in the living room was exactly what I needed.”
“Awesome for keeping in your glove compartment to pull out in case a cop pulls you over. Or, if you get into a car accident and want to record your conversation and footage of the accident for later.”
Where to Buy It?
You can easily find this tiny camera online. Check now the lowest prices and deals that may include free shipping:
Learn How Mini Cameras Work
Check out this short video to see one in action:
Buyers Guide to Choosing the Best Mini Camera
If you want to know how to choose the best mini spy camera for your needs, then you’ll need to read our buying guide packed with information to help you find the best one.
Basically, mini cameras can be hidden in plain sight in ordinary things. You can record covertly in a variety of situations. They can used as a nanny cam, to keep an eye on your house at night, as a pet cam, to record an encounter with the police, etc. Just be sure that you know the local laws in your area with regards to whether or it’s legal to record people without their permission.
Besides that, here are the things you should consider when buying a mini cam.
Wired, Wireless, or Wi-Fi
Mini cameras come in both styles: wired and wireless. A wired camera is connected to a storage device of some kind, usually a very small SD card.
Wireless ones don’t have local storage of any kind, but can transmit to a receiver that’s within the specified range.
Finally, some cameras have Wi-Fi capabilities. This allows you to view the footage remotely via computer, smartphone or tablet and can make a nice option if you are using it for your house when you’re on vacation for example.
The lower the frame rate and the lower the quality of the video footage. On the contrary, the higher number of frames per second (FPS) and the better quality the footage will be.
You should only consider mini cameras with more than 12 FPS, although you can find some up to 30. When you consider the size of these things, it’s actually quite remarkable.
The resolution is simply a measure of how many pixels are displayed. The higher the resolution the better the quality.
Many spy cameras record in HD at a minimum of 1080p. This is quite impressive considering how small of a package they are. Some of them even have 4K capabilities.
If doesn’t matter what you plan on using the tiny camera for, you’ll need to have a motion detector. This is because the battery life of these devices is not great because they’re wireless, and don’t have room for a huge on-board battery.
You’ll certainly want your camera to go into standby mode when there’s nothing in the field of view.
If you plan on using it at night, or outside, then you’ll certainly want night vision. In fact, it’s becoming more and more of a standard offering on mini cams like the ones on our list.
The way it works is that infrared lights illuminate the field of vision but not in a way that’s noticeable to people. As a general rule, the more IR lights, the better the brightness in low light situations.
Battery Life and Recording Time
In our opinion, this is one of the most important factors to consider. These things usually have small batteries, and 2 hours is about the maximum they go for. However, some of them are as little as 30-45 minutes.
It can certainly make a big difference so consider this factor carefully
There are various ways to mount these mini cameras, including magnets, clips or a mounting bracket. Which one is best? There’s no one single answer and it really does depend on your needs and requirements.
What’s the Best Position for a Hidden Camera?
If you’re wondering where to put your spy camera, we have a few tips for you.
Practice Makes Perfect
If you’re just getting one of these devices set-up, expect some trial and error. You’ll have to do a number of tests to make sure it’s exactly where you want it. It can be very helpful to have someone helping you with this. You can hold it and they can move into various positions around the room to see what it records.
Field of View Varies
Some cameras have a much wider field of view than others. Just because the camera you previously had could cover the whole room doesn’t mean a new one will.
You’ll have to test it out for yourself to see.
Consider Height Carefully
The most important thing is to record people’s faces. Pointing the camera down towards the knees won’t be that helpful in most cases. Of course, if you have pets that you’re trying to record, then it may be exactly what you need!
Don’t Obscure it too Much
Of course, you’ll want to make sure your spy camera is hidden (in most cases), so you’ll need to think carefully about where you can put it without it being noticed.
However, you don’t want it to be obscured too much because you won’t get a clear picture of what you’re trying to film. Strike a balance between the two.
Make sure your camera is facing away from natural light sources such as windows because shadows will make the footage lower quality. Also be sure to test the glare from lamps and other sources of light.
Learn More about Hiding a Security Camera in your Home
What about a Car Camera?
A mini car camera can offer a ton of protection in case you get into an accident or have an incident with the police. You may also want to consider one if you have live in a high crime area and want to have some evidence to give to the police in case something happens.
Finally, you may want to keep an eye on your children or employees who are driving vehicles that you own. Are they doing this safely, or not?
You can see some of our top picks here: Best Car Cameras.
I Think I’ve Been Bugged
If you think that your home, car, or office has been bugged, there are some things you can do to check. You can:
- Do a close physical inspection
- Listen carefully for any buzzing or clicking noises
- Investigate smoke detectors, USB hubs, or other electronic devices
- Look for wires that don’t lead to anything
- Turn off the lights and look for a glare
There are only a few of the things you can do if you think you have hidden cameras spying on. Learn more here:
Have your Say about these Mini Cameras
Do you have any recommendations for best micro cameras? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.
Latest posts by Bobby Miller (see all)
- Best Hidden Camera Picture Frame: Keep your Home and Family Safe - April 12, 2019
- The Best Listening Devices for Your Needs | Voice Activated Recording - April 12, 2019
- Keychain Voice Recorder: Our Top Picks | Hidden Voice Recorders - April 12, 2019
Last update on 2019-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API