There are a number of reasons why you might want to consider using a nanny cam like one of these hidden camera pictures frames.
Most importantly, you probably want to make sure your kids are safe when they’re with a babysitter or nanny. Or, you might consider using one as a hidden office camera to keep an eye on things when you’re not around.
Or, you may have pets and need an affordable way to keep an eye on them when you’re not at home. Finally, you may have a business where theft is a problem and you want a covert way to record what’s happening.
Whatever the case, we’ll help you make the best choice for a picture frame nanny cam. Keep on reading to see all of our top picks.
Best Hidden Camera Photo Frames
Longest Standby Time
These are our top three recommendations for the best spy camera picture frames. The first is the best overall, the second is the best budget choice and the third has an especially long battery life.
Best Overall: FuVision Wireless Hidden Spy Camera Photo Frame
Spy Camera Hidden WiFi Photo Frame 1080P Hidden Security Camera Night Vision and Motion Detect...
- WiFi Enable:This picture frame hidden camera is WiFi enabled, so you can remotely control the...
- Starlight Night Vision: Built-in "No Glow" night vision LEDs inside for seeing up to 8 meters in...
- 100% Wire-Free Nanny Camera:Stay completely free of cords and wiring hassles with our latest Picture...
- PIR Motion detection Hidden Spy Camera: Built-in advance PIR motion sensor alarm when motion...
- 365 Days Standby Time Battery WiFi Security Covert Camera: This new picture frame design Wi-Fi Nanny...
Our top pick for spy camera picture frame is this sleek, stylish one that has a ton of features you’ll love. It’s ideal for keeping an eye on things when you’re not home and also protecting your house when you’re on vacation.
The best feature is the unique design that helps the camera blend into the background. It’s very difficult to find, even if you know it it’s there. This spy frame makes easier than ever to keep your home, business, or family safe. Keep reading to learn more about our top pick.
- Unique frame design makes camera virtually invisible
- 1080P HD video quality
- Night vision for distance up to 26 feet (8 meters)
- Motion detection with alert, snapshot and video sent to your phone
- Wireless (can sit on table, or be mounted to the wall)
- Wi-Fi enabled so you can view the footage remotely on any device
- Video is encrypted as it streams, so no one but you can view it
- Also records to a micro SD card (up to 128 GB)
- 365 days standby time
- Up to 20 hours recording time on a full battery charge
What Do People Think About It?
“This picture frame is sturdy, well-made and I love the clock which doesn’t make a charging port look out of place even if you inspect it closely. But, most importantly, the camera function, including night vision and motion detector works very well.”
“It’s really not noticeable at all when you place it with other picture frames. You do have to get your own memory card so be sure to take care of that. Besides that, you can get it up and running and connected with your phone in just a few minutes.”
You can easily find this spy camera on Amazon.com. Check now for the current price.
Best Budget: Sensico Photo Frame Camera With Night Vision
Our second pick is quite a bit cheaper, which is why we recommend it. But in exchange for the lower price, the designers made some sacrifices.
The camera is easily visible upon closer inspection and it does not have a standby mode that keeps it powered for a year, like our top pick.
- Night vision up to 16.4 feet
- PIR motion detector with alerts via phone app
- Remote live view with Android or iPhone
- HD quality, 1080P
- Up to 128 GB memory card (not included)
- Max battery life of only 8 hours (connect it to a power source via USB cable if you need it to work for longer)
“One of the smartest purchases I’ve made in a long time. It’s really difficult to tell that it’s not actually just a regular picture frame. I set mine up on my coffee table to keep an eye on my cats while I’m at work and on vacation. Awesome!”
“I picked this up to make sure that the pet sitter I hired was actually coming over twice a day like I was paying them to. My intention was not to spy on them, but just make sure they came to my house. I set it up to face the front door and the motion detector worked like a breeze. I loved getting the alerts on my phone to make sure little Fido was being taken for his walks.”
Where Can I Buy It?
You can easily find this top-quality hidden camera on Amazon. Check now for the current prices.
Longest Standby Time: Portocam Hidden Camera Picture Frame
Hidden Camera Picture Frame, P010 PORTOCAM T10 Spy Camera Photo Frame with Motion Detection and...
- DISCREET DESIGN SPY CAM: The nanny cam looks like a regular picture frame, making your hidden spy...
- MOTION DETECTION MODE: Records in seconds as soon as the motion is detected, never miss any...
- HD NIGHT VISION HIDDEN FRAME: PORTOCAM T10 features black night lights, which makes it recording the...
- ULTRA LONG WORKING TIME: The battery working time is up to 30 hours at daytime when in manual...
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: T10 Spy Camera picture frame, USB cable, user manual,Warning sticker, Thank you...
If you’re looking for hidden camera picture frames that don’t have to constantly be charged, then this one should be at the top of your list. It has a very impressive 2 years of standby time, which is basically the best in the business.
Besides that, it’s sleek and has a nice design. But most importantly, it’s not obvious at all that there’s actually a camera in it. Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Motion detection
- Night vision up to 25 feet and in 720P
- Up to 2 years of standby time
- 30 hours of recording time
- 12 month warranty
- Supports up to 32 GB memory card (not included)
- Loop recording (oldest footage gets erased and replaced with newer)
What Do People Think About It?
“Awesome home security camera that nobody would ever suspect is actually one. It’s very well hidden and is stylish enough that it just looks like a nice frame.”
“Amazing battery life, motion detection that works well, night vision that allows you to see clearly who it is. What more could you really want in a device like this? I’d definitely recommend it to just about anyone who wants to know what’s going on at their home or business when they’re not there.”
Does it sound like the right nanny camera for your needs? You can find the current price over on Amazon.com. Click the button to learn more.
Are Nanny Cams Illegal?
That’s a great question and we’re that you asked. It can certainly be illegal in many countries around the world, and even from state to state to record people without their knowledge. It can also be legal in some situations, but not in others.
We advise you to check the laws very carefully for the jurisdiction in which you live. Make sure that you’re that you’re complying with the laws to avoid prosecution.
And of course, remember our #1 rule here at Spy Cameras Reviewed: only for good and not for evil.
What Should I Look for in a Nanny Cam?
There are a number of factors to consider when buying a nanny cam. Here are a just a few of the most important ones.
How Well Hidden It Is
If you’re buying one of these devices to keep an eye on your pets, it doesn’t really matter how covert it is. However, if you want to keep an eye on your nanny and record them without their knowledge, you’ll need to ensure that the camera is not obvious.
Always having to charge your picture frame is annoying and it’s easy to forget to do it. The best frames will have a standby battery life of at least a year. Then, they’ll have at least 15 hours of continual recording time.
Some nanny cams have built-in storage, but more commonly, they’ll have a slot for a memory card. Some are compatible with cards up to 28 GB, while others have room for 128 GB or even more.
In general, 28 GB is fine because you really don’t need that much footage. There’s also rolling storage which means that oldest videos get deleted automatically to make space for the newest ones.
Field of View
The best nanny cams cover a wide area of the room, sometimes even 360 degrees if it’s mounted on the ceiling like a smoke detector or light bulb.
Not all the bad stuff happens during the day! You’ll certainly want to get something that has night vision and can work well in lower light conditions.
This is a feature which you may, or may not need. If it’s connected with Wi-Fi, you can get live footage and alerts via phone or tablet app. However, it’s a little more complicated to set up and the battery life is much shorter.
Or, you can just record footage to a memory card for viewing on your computer later. The choice is yours!
Hidden Camera Picture Frames: Your Thoughts
What’s your top pick for a picture frame nanny camera? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- Dash Cam Pros And Cons (Benefits And Drawbacks You Need to Know) - April 16, 2021
- How To Block Audio Recording Devices - April 15, 2021
- 6 Best Family Locator Apps (That Actually Work) - April 15, 2021
Last update on 2022-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API