Have you always wanted a quadcopter drone, but figured you just couldn’t afford it?
Not a good one anyway?
Well, that’s no longer the case. Costs have come down drastically.
It is now possible to get a great drone for a very reasonable cost.
You just have to make sure you get a good one, because most models in this price range are pretty terrible.
That’s why we’ve compiled the best camera drones under $300. All of the models below give you great value for your money.
It is simply a matter of choosing the one that best meets your needs, in terms of flight time, range, resolution, etc.
Best Drone With Camera Under $300: Comparison Table
Best Drone Under $300 With Camera: Reviews
Let’s take a closer look at the best camera drones under $300 with some brief reviews. We’ve featured 5 different models, to help you find the best one for you.
All have GPS capabilities, but they vary quite a bit apart from that, with different ranges, batteries and cameras.
4DRC F4 GPS Drone With 4K Camera
4DRC F4 GPS Drone with Camera for Adults,2-Axis gimbal Anti-shake 4K HD Camera, Brushless Motor RC...
- 4K UHD Camera with Image Stabilization: The optimized full HD Camera built with Shock Absorption...
- GPS Assisted Intelligent Flight: Never lose the drone. It returns automatically whenever battery is...
- BRUSHLESS MOTORS: Brushless motors runs more powerful with much less noise compared to brushed...
- Configuration Upgrade: The 2 intelligent batteries works for 26 Mins/per battery for each charge; 52...
- Easy to Use: With air optical flow & air pressure altitude control system, the drone can hover...
The 4DRC F4 is our favorite drone under $300 thanks to its top-tier performance and user-friendly features. In addition to the powerful hardware, it also uses one of the best software sets we have seen.
You can count on this quadcopter for seamless photo/video captures. Despite all these advanced options, you do not have to spend much more than you would for our other top picks.
- Video Capture Resolution: 4K UHD
- Battery Capacity: 2500mAh
- Item Weight: 1.09lbs
4K At 30fps
Unlike all the other camera drones we listed here, this one allows you to capture 4K videos at 30fps. Or you can capture 1080p video at 60fps. This choice is tremendous for photographers and amateurs alike.
Since it is a brushless FPV drone, you can expect improved speed and performance on the go. The 2-axis gimbal system can also protect your footage from unexpected shakes. At the same time, the 5GHz Wi-Fi system makes navigation super-smooth.
Easy Flight Options
This quadcopter can follow you or fly through the waypoints in GPS mode. It also has a stable hovering feature and a ‘point of interest mode’.
Impressive Flight Time
Despite all the performance it packs, this model still gives you up to 30 minutes of flying time from each battery charge. The package comes with two batteries, which allows you to prolong flying time to up to 60 minutes.
Subpar Build Quality
Many reviews indicate that this model does not offer the best quality of construction. You should not expect this product to last for decades or anything.
You get more features and better performance for the same cost, but the trade-off is a somewhat lower build quality. That said, this model lasts about as long as all of the others in this price range, on average.
Some Half-baked Features
We think the manufacturer could have improved the most important features, instead of adding a larger number to the list. Some of them just aren’t that necessary. And there are occasional connectivity problems between the drone and the app. More attention could have been paid to this.
On balance, the 4DRC F4 GPS drone is our top choice in this price range. It is not perfect, but you will never find the perfect model at such a low cost.
It should be obvious that you will have to make some compromises, in order to get full-quality 4K recording in this price range. In the end, if you can live with the drawbacks, you will be very happy with this camera drone.
Contixo F24 Pro Foldable RC Quadcopter
Contixo Quadcopter GPS Foldable 4K HD Camera Drones - 60 Minutes Longest Flight Time - Brushless...
- ✅ 4K Ultra HD Camera - 90° vertical adjustable camera with a 120° FOV lens performs breathtaking...
- ✅ 60 Minutes Max Flight Time - Equipped with two upgraded 2500mAh intelligent batteries provides...
- ✅ Stronger and Stable GPS Signal - The Drone can reach live video and image transmission distance...
- ✅ Foldable Brushless Motor - The F24 Pro comes with equipped Brushless Motors to ensure a smooth...
- ✅ Smart and Powerful Performance - Follow Me, Orbit Mode, and Gesture Control free your hands to...
You may want a camera drone that offers extensive performance. At this price level, that means it will be bulkier and have a lower battery life. There is always a trade-off.
If performance is more important to you than those other factors, the Contixo F24 is the drone for you. This brushless-motor camera drone comes in under the $300 limit, but includes features that you usually only see on high-end FPV drones.
Therefore, if you want to make an upgrade from your basic drone to an FPV one, take a look at what the Contixo F24 Pro Foldable RC Quadcopter has to offer.
- Video capture resolution of 1080p FHD
- Battery capacity of 2500mAh
- 120-degree FOV
- 90-degree adjustment
- 64GB SD card included
Improved Audio/Video Quality
One of the first good things about the Contixo F24 Pro Foldable RC Quadcopter is the better audio and video capture quality. The built-in camera can capture up to 4K Ultra HD photos and 2.7K videos.
Because you get more than the 1080p Full HD standard, the videos look crisper, even when dealing with low-light and windy situations.
Foldable, Compact Design
The foldable design of the quadcopter is more valuable than you think. When folded, the camera drone does not take up much space and fits nicely into the carrying case.
This makes it easy to carry during trekking and mountaineering adventures. Rest assured, if there is an adequate GPS signal, the drone will work as it should.
The Contixo F24 Pro Foldable RC Quadcopter comes with a camera with a FOV of 120 degrees. It means you have a bigger canvas and can capture photos with refined details.
Because the device comes with a maximum control range of 1200 meters, you can use it in various situations. The system can give you HD video transmission for up to 500 meters.
To keep up with the increased performance and features, the manufacturer has used a high-capacity battery. The package comes with a 2500mAh battery, which can power the drone and the camera for up to 30 minutes.
The batteries have a few LED lights to indicate how much juice is left. You can connect a secondary battery to double the running time.
Gesture Control Support
In addition to the standard features you would expect, the Contixo F24 Pro Foldable RC Quadcopter package comes with some additional powerful features.
For instance, gesture control lets you control the camera while flying. You can show the ‘palm’ gesture to start recording and the ‘yeah’ gesture to capture a photo. If you want some natural aerial shots, these features are super helpful.
Works With VR Headsets
Because it is a high-performance FPV drone, you can quickly hook it up to your smartphone and VR headsets. When combined, the highly efficient processor from the camera can give you dynamic and real-life shots.
If you do not want to use the FPV mode, you can rely on other options like ‘Follow Me’, ‘Point of Interest’, ‘Custom Flight Path’, and ‘Auto Return Home’.
Not A Comprehensive Package
The Contixo F24 Pro Foldable RC Quadcopter package is not as comprehensive as some of our other picks. It does come with the basics, but you do not get a spare battery, so you’ll have to spend extra if you want one.
We would have loved to see an extra battery on a device that costs so much. The built-in battery takes up to 3 hours to fully charge as well, so a second one would come in very handy.
Unstable Flight Time
Some reviews indicate that this quadcopter does not deliver on the promised flight time. Depending on the flight environment, the running time can be as low as 20 or 15 minutes.
If you do not have a secondary battery, surviving an intense capture session with the drone could be a bit of a hassle.
- As a bonus, this camera drone comes with a 64GB SD card included.
- If you have VR glasses (these are not included in your purchase), you can enjoy a 3D experience while using this camera drone. This is a fantastic way to increase the level of enjoyment you’ll get out of this drone.
- This camera drone comes with a variety of accessories in the pack: a 4K 5GHz Wi-Fi camera, the 64GB SD card, a screwdriver tool set, a smartphone holder, an extra set of propellers, a transmitter, two batteries, and the device user manual.
- The 5GHz connectivity option improves the usability of the FPV drone to a great extent.
- Features like Tap Fly and Follow Me work great and are simple to use.
In the end, the Contixo F24 Pro Foldable RC Quadcopter proves to be a definite upgrade from an entry-level camera drone. You get the privileges of high-quality video, extensive flight time, and gesture control without spending more than $300.
We also felt the features are user-friendly to the core. Even if you have not used FPV drones before, controlling the transmitter and dealing with the footage will not present any problems.
Contixo RC Quadcopter Drone
Contixo RC Quadcopter Drone with Camera for Adults - 2K FPV 40 Mins Longer Flight Time with...
- ⭐2K HD Camera and 5G FPV Transimission - 2K HD camera (2048*1152P) catches much more details for...
- ⭐40-Min Flying Time - Enjoy up to 40-minutes of flight time (20+20) from a single charge (two...
- ⭐Long-life Brushless Motor - The advantages of it over brushed motors are high power to weight...
- ⭐Safer Flight with GPS - Assisted with GPS location system, locate the position of the F18 drone...
- ⭐Smart and Powerful Performance - The newly upgraded F18 GPS Drone now has the following GPS...
Right off the bat this camera drone looks really cool with its black body construction and flashing green and red lights. Let’s see why it’s one of the best camera drones under 300 dollars.
- 120-degree FOV
- 40 minute flight time
- Water-resistant backpack
- This camera drone has a 2K HD camera that captures lots of details.
- It has a 120-degree field of view to increase how much you can see.
- With 5G features, it prevents clearer and faster footage.
- You’ll be able to enjoy 40-minute flights, thanks to two batteries being included with your purchase of this drone.
- This camera drone makes use of a brushless motor that gives it more speed and allows for better control. You don’t need to worry about doing any maintenance on it, which is a bonus.
- Thanks to its GPS location system, you can locate it at any time. And, if it loses battery power, pressing one key will force it to come back home.
- This drone does take longer to recharge than other drones we’ve featured in this buying guide: it requires 120 minutes of charging time.
- Some buyers have reported that the remote isn’t as sensitive as they would have liked, which can make it difficult to control the speed at times.
- Comes with a water-resistant carrying backpack so you don’t have to worry about it getting wet when you’re carrying it around.
- There are other great accessories included with your purchase. These include two batteries, eight propeller blades and changing tool, a mobile phone clip, a screwdriver, a quick-start installation guide, a user manual, and a coverage card.
This camera drone has lots of fun features and accessories, as well as decent flight times. It also costs less than the previous two options above, making it a great alternative if you are on a bit more of a budget.
Potensic D60, GPS Drone with Camera for adults, 1080P HD FPV 110° FOV Quadcopter, 5G WiFi, 20mins...
- [POWERFUL BRUSHLESS MOTORS] - Compare to other drones, this D60 GPS drone adopts the advanced...
- [DUAL GPS NEVER LOST] - Integrates the latest technology with dual GPS to keep accurate positioning...
- [1080P CAMERA] - Built-in advanced one-Axis mechanical gimbal and 1080P high-quality camera to...
- [MULTIFUNCTION DRONE] - Combine the function of one key takeoff/landing,altitude hold, follow me,...
- [WIDE COMPATIBLITY]- With both 5G & 4.2G WIFI transmission, this Potensic D60 camera drone is wide...
This Potensic GPS drone is another good option. We prefer the ones above, but this one does cost slightly less, so it might be a great option if the others are just outside your budget.
- GPS app
- 110-degree FOV
- 90-degree adjustable
- This drone gives you quality camera footage with 1080P.
- It makes use of both 5G and 4.2G Wi-Fi transmission. It’s also compatible with Wi-Fi enabled phones so you can quickly share your images.
- By using the Potensic GPS app, you’ll be able to easily share your drone videos on social media so all your friends can see how cool they are.
- This drone camera has 110 degrees of field of view and is 90-degree adjustable.
- You can engage orbit mode to get 360-degree views.
- One of the disappointing things about this camera drone is that you need to purchase a 16/32GB SD card, since it isn’t included with your purchase.
- You’ll only get approximately 20 minutes of flight time with this drone.
- Unlike other drones on the market, this one only comes with one battery included. An extra battery would have been nice to increase your flight time.
- Some buyers have reported that it’s difficult to find spare batteries for it.
- It doesn’t come with many accessories. You only get the battery and charger.
- Includes some important features that you find on other quality drones too, such as dual GPS to ensure that it can be positioned accurately and return to its home location if it loses battery power or signal.
- Has brushless motors so that the drone can maintain stability during flight, even at higher speeds.
This model offers solid performance and many high-quality features, at a low cost. In some ways it outperforms its price, but the drawbacks will likely be a deal breaker for many. Personally, I don’t like the lack of a second battery and the fact that finding one on your own can be a bit difficult.
Potensic T25 Drone With 2K Camera
Potensic T25 Drone with 2K Camera for Adults, RC FPV GPS Drone with WiFi Live Video, Auto Return...
- [Convenient and Easy]: With a Aluminum Silver Carry Case, you could bring it outdoor conveniently....
- [Wider Vision & Fluent Transmission]: 2K camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps...
- [Safer & More Stable Flight]: Equipped with Dual GPS, drone will stand still in the wind and...
- [Smart & Fun]: Follow Me Mode & Dual GPS free your hands, while Potensic drone automatically follow...
- [Farther & Broader]: 2*Modular battery 1000 mAh and up to 300m control range enable you to go...
Are you looking for a less expensive but powerful FPV drone? In that case, check out the Potensic T25 Drone with 2K Camera. This all-white FPV camera drone comes with many features that we would not expect for the price.
Even though it does not have any fancy 4K UHD capabilities, you can get incredible footage for your vlog or other projects. It also offers many software-centric benefits that allow you to easily fly the drone and capture the best shots possible.
- Video Capture Resolution: 1080p FHD
- Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
- Item Weight: 2.2lbs
Compared to other camera drones we have listed here, the Potensic T25 has a simplified user interface. The simple take-off and landing procedure adds so much value when dealing with time-bound projects. At the same time, the dual GPS works perfectly.
You can use this quadcopter to capture videos and photos at 1080p resolution. While the footage is obviously not as rich as the 4K UHD offered by the more expensive models above, 2K is currently the standard for YouTube videos and other projects. You also get a 75-degree adjustable angle and a 120-degree FOV.
Because it is a comprehensive package, you get a well-built carrying case, two batteries, the controller module, and a smartphone holder. We could not have asked for more considering the price.
Innovative Flight Options
The T25 also has some of the best features we have seen in our top picks above. For instance, it has both ‘Follow Me’ and ‘Auto Return Home’ options. Thanks to the goggle support, you can also enjoy real-time footage from the drone as it captures content.
Subpar Flight Time
The biggest drawback of the Potensic T25 is the running time. Each battery for the drone is just 1000mAh, which is very small. Even when you combine the two batteries from the package, the flight time caps at just 18 minutes.
Limited Control Range
Even though the device uses a dual GPS module for navigation, it does not have a great range. Currently, the control range is 980 feet, which is not impressive.
If you don’t mind sacrificing flight time and range for extra savings, the Potensic T25 is a good budget alternative. You get some excellent features like ‘Follow Me’ and ‘Point of Interest’. The app does a great job of accurate navigation as well.
Snaptain SP500 Foldable GPS FPV Drone
With good video resolution and some other useful features, the Snaptain SP500 is great for quick flights. It costs less than the models above, but it also lacks many of their qualities. Let’s check it out.
- 10-degree angle
- 5G Wi-Fi
- 3 USB chargers included
- You won’t have to worry about losing your drone, because it has GPS auto return. This means that it will return to its original location when the battery is low or it loses signal.
- This drone makes use of a 10-degree wide angle 1080P HD camera. You can also adjust the angle to capture images at the best quality.
- It makes use of 5G Wi-Fi and 800-foot transmission. This means you’ll get real-time images at a faster rate!
- For greater convenience and fun, you can make use of gesture control when controlling this drone. You can also set a hands-free feature.
- The flight time of this drone is less than other models on this list: you’ll only get 15 minutes. However, it does come with an extra battery that you can use to increase the flight time to 30 minutes.
- The recharging time for the batteries is also longer than many competing models, at 2.5 hours for a full charge.
- There are some reports that the GPS signal isn’t always consistent. This can prove frustrating.
The drone comes with many accessories in the pack. These include two batteries, four spare propellers, four propeller guards, and USB battery chargers. The guards are especially great to help to keep your propellers in good condition.
This drone is quite a bit cheaper than our top picks, but it also lags behind them in performance and features. It is a good option if your budget is tight. Otherwise, go with one of our first two picks.
Holyton 1080p HD Drone
1080P HD Drone with FPV Camera for Adults and Kids, Easy Quadcopter HS140 for Beginners with...
- [1080P HD FPV Camera with Gesture Control] This advanced camera helps to capture memorable moments...
- [Friendly for Beginners] This drone does Auto Hovering; it also has one key start/landing, headless...
- [17 Minutes of Flight & 328 Feet Far] The images transmission range and controller control range...
- [Smart Phone APP Control] You can draw a flight path on the app map interface; control it with...
- [Safe for Kids] With 4 propeller guards installed, it will keep the users from running propellers...
The Holyton is the cheapest model on this list by far. But at this low of a cost, you obviously can;t expect it to be anywhere near as good as our other recommendations.
We included it here to give you an option if you are on a very stric budget, or if you are buying the drone for a child. Our recommendation for this model is as a great option for a child.
- Video Capture Resolution: 1080p FHD
- Battery Capacity: 1300mAh
- Item Weight: 1.81lbs
High-Quality 1080p (For Photos)
The best part about the Holyton quadcopter is the price, no question. For the price of an expensive meal, you get a fully functional FPV drone. Obviously the recording quality won’t be as good, but it can capture videos at 720p HD resolution and photos at 1080p FHD.
Smart Control Options
Even though it does not cost much, it still includes some smart features. For instance, you can control the camera using gestures or voice. It is fantastic to get an FPV drone at this price that can follow commands like Fly, Land, Forwards, Backward, and Stop.
You can also explore other unique features like LED light control and altitude hold. If you are into professional videography, headless and speed-controlled navigation will come in handy. The app is pleasant to use as well.
A Complete Package
The Holyton comes as a complete package. You do not get a spare battery, but you get a protection frame, extra propellers, and a couple of landing gears.
You get a single battery of 1300mAh capacity. Even if you get a secondary battery, you cannot expect any life-changing flight time from this drone. You should always be ready to land the drone amidst the flight.
FAA Registration Required
Even though the machine is cost-effective and straightforward, you have to register the drone with the FAA of the United States. While it is an easy task, it is a problem that you cannot start flying the drone out of the box, as you would expect of such a cheap model.
We recommend the Holyton only to those who cannot spend much money or to those who are buying it for a child. It is a toy more than a professional camera drone. But for the price, it is pretty amazing.
Camera Drone Under $300 FAQ
It’s exciting to purchase a drone, but you need to ensure you follow the rules when operating it to stay on the right side of the law.
When you have a drone to fly, you’ll love being able to see hard-to-reach places and gain a unique perspective on them, too.
Are drones legal?
Drones used for recreational purposes are legal, but you need to be aware of certain restrictions that can be in place before you fly them.
With that in mind, we’ll cover some important information you should know about drones and their legality below.
How far can a 2.4 GHz drone go?
If you have a drone that’s 2.4GHz, you’ll probably be curious to know how far it can go. You’re looking at approximately 1.6 kilometers (1,600 meters).
It’s good to bear in mind that the connection you have to the drone can slow down as a result of device interference, and this is especially the case with 2.4GHz frequency, since many household devices such as cordless phones make use of it.
What happens if the drone goes out of range?
Drones have a certain range in which they can fly. If your drone flies out of this range, it means that it will lose signal and you won’t be able to control the drone anymore.
Older drones won’t have the technology to be able to fly back home, so they will probably just fall out of the sky and crash into something.
Newer drones have features that prevent that from happening as much as possible. These include GPS memory so that when the drone takes off, it will record its position as being its home location. Then, it will return to this location.
If your drone veers off its course, you’ll get a notification. The drone will be able to get back on course by retracing its flight back until it can receive the signal again. This is known as the ‘return to home’ feature and luckily it’s pretty standard on most new drones.
This feature can also come in handy if your drone runs out of battery. We’ve seen this feature in almost all drones on our list above.
Can I fly my drone over someone’s house?
It is legal to fly your drone over someone’s house. That said, there are various privacy laws in the different U.S. states that you should be aware of when it comes to how you can fly your drone. These vary, so it’s important to check with your local laws.
For example, in Florida you can’t use a drone that violates another person’s reasonable expectation of privacy. In Arkansas you can’t use drones to invade someone’s privacy or for video voyeurism. In California you can’t record other people without their consent with the use of a drone.
How far away can you fly a drone legally?
When it comes to getting your drone into the sky, you need to know how far you’ll be able to fly with it. You should always ensure you don’t fly higher than 400 feet.
There are other good rules to bear in mind when taking flight, such as that you shouldn’t fly near airports, over stadiums, over groups of people, near emergency response efforts, and in restricted airspace.
Which is better: 2.4 or 5.8 GHz?
There are two common frequencies used to control drones: 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. The main differences relate to their speed and coverage.
The 2.4GHz frequency transmits data at a slower speed but offers greater coverage at a longer range, while the 5.8GHz frequency does the opposite: you’ll get faster transmission of data but with less coverage.
Earlier, we mentioned that there are other devices that operate on the 2.4GHz frequency, which can cause it to become overcrowded. Since the 5GHz frequency has less devices using it, this is beneficial.
Due to the above points, it’s clear that 2.4GHz is fine, but 5.8Ghz is usually preferable.
Can drones be flown at night?
While you might think you’re not allowed to fly a drone at night, this isn’t the case. As long as your drone is only used for recreational purposes, you are allowed to fly it at night.
However, you have to ensure that you follow some important rules. These include only using your drone at night if it has lighting that enables you to know its location and orientation at all times.
These lights need to be visible for three statute (or land-measured) miles and have a flash rate that is strong enough to avoid a collision.
You also have to register your drone if it’s larger than 0.55 pounds.
By September 2023, you will also need to ensure that your drone has a Remote ID – whether you’re a recreational or commercial flyer. This ID is like a digital license plate for your drone.
Since it can be difficult to identify a drone’s registration number on its body when it’s in the air, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has stated that drones will need to broadcast an identifying number when they’re airborne.
Can the FAA track your drone?
As you may know, the FAA wants you to register your drone before flying it. Whether you need to or not, depends on the weight of the drone. You will also have to display the registration number on the drone so that the FAA can cross-check the information in case of any disturbing incident.
Best Sub $300 Camera Drones: Conclusion
In this buying guide, we’ve featured the best camera drones under $300. We included models that cost quite a bit less, for those whose budgets don’t quite extend up to $300.
Obviously, none of these quadcopters can hold a candle to the best drones with cameras on the market. But all outperform their sub-$300 price.
- Best Camera Drone Under $300 (Complete Buying Guide) - June 12, 2021
- 16 Drone Maintenance Tips (Avoid An Early Drone Death!) - April 9, 2021
- Jamming A Drone Signal: Is It Legal And How To Do It - March 19, 2021
Last update on 2021-07-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API