An Introduction to Wyze Wireless Smart Home Camera
If you’re looking for an affordable home security camera, then this one from Wyze should be at the top of your list. It has a ton of features that you’re probably looking for, including motion detection and night vision, but it’s 10x cheaper than some of their competitors!
The best part? There’s free, 14-day rolling cloud storage and no monthly subscription fees. Most people find that 14 days is enough for their needs. You can also put in a memory card for a more permanent solution.
Please note: this surveillance camera is designed for indoor use only and is not weatherproof.
- New! (July 2019): Get notified when a person is detected and filter your event videos with people...
- 1080P Full HD live stream direct to your smartphone day or night with night vision (up to 30 feet...
- Motion tagging technology detects and outlines motion in both live stream and playback video modes....
- Get alerted instantly - Wyze Cam automatically records a 12-second Event Video when it detects...
- Free, rolling 14-day cloud storage - Event Videos are securely uploaded to the AWS cloud via...
Quality, Affordability and Design
The company began with a mission to provide top-quality products, with innovative designs at affordable price. They’re most definitely succeeded with this home security camera. It’s one of the cheapest ones on the market today, comes with no monthly fees for cloud storage and has a ton of features that you’ll love.
We can’t wait to see what Wyze comes out with next!
Very Affordable Home Security
This device is one of the cheapest WiFi security cameras you can buy. It makes smart home security affordable for all.
Buy the Wyze Wireless Security Camera
The best place to find this Wyze security camera is over on Amazon. You can check it out for yourself today:
Wyze Home Security Camera Review
Wyze Camera Features
- Works with Alexa
- 1080 HD streams directly to your Smartphone
- Night vision up to 30 feet
- Motion and sound detection with rolling 14-day cloud storage (free, no subscription!), 10-15 second clips
- Can also use a memory card to record
- Adhesive metal plate allows you to mount this camera anywhere with no screws
- Wireless feed, but does require power
Wyze Wireless Smart Home Camera Pros
There are lots of reasons why you might want to consider Wyze for a home security camera. You could use it to keep an eye on pets, children, expensive toys (boats or trailers in storage), or your home when on vacation.
Here are a just a few of the reasons why you might choose this one over the competition:
- No monthly subscription fees, it comes with free 14-day rolling cloud storage (another top pick similar to this one is the Blink Camera)
- Extremely affordable price, it’s 5x cheaper than some of their competitors (another reasonably priced pick is the Heimvision Security Camera)
- Mountable anywhere without screws
What People are Saying about the Wyze Wireless Security Camera
“This little thing is pretty amazing. It’s easy to set up in just a few minutes, and I love the rolling storage feature. There are some complaints about the picture quality, but what can you expect for such a low price? I certainly am not going to compare it to a $500 security camera!”
“The sound quality is great, and the picture quality is good enough for my needs. I bought it because I live in a rental apartment and didn’t want to install anything permanent. It does the job I need it to do.”
“This is a great camera, especially for the price. It’s quite a bit cheaper than some of the higher-end baby cams I was considering. I use it in my kid’s bedroom at night to make sure they’re going to sleep!”
Wyze Wireless Smart Home Camera Cons
- Indoor use only (for a robust, outdoor option, consider this one: Samsung Security Camera System)
- No battery backup in case of power outage
- Some reports that the motion sensor doesn’t work well (will pick up a mosquito, but not a person)
- When you go to the app, you don’t automatically get a new picture from your feed, but you just get a landing page
- Some reports that the software is not exactly user-friendly
Compare Wireless Home Security Camera
Check out this comparison chart below for more choices for smart home security cameras:
Or, find the full reviews of the competitors here:
What’s the main difference between Wyze and SENS8 or Amazon Cloud Cam? Basically how easy they are to use. The apps for both of these more expensive ones are much easier to use, and you have a lot of options for customization.
As far as the camera quality goes, the more expensive ones are not that much better. However, the features like motion detection do work slightly better. They also come with things like heat sensors and humidity sensors and offer more of a total home protection package.
How to Set Up the Wyze Security Camera
Check out the video below to find out how to set up this home Wi-Fi security cam:
The Takeaway on the Wyze Wireless Smart Home Camera
For the price, this home security camera works well enough. As far as the picture and audio quality go, most people are pretty happy with it.
Where this camera goes wrong (slightly!) is in the motion detection. There are numerous reviews that mention how this didn’t work that well. It would ignore the big stuff, but pick up on the tiniest things.
The other thing that some people didn’t like is the software for the app. It’s just not that intuitive or easy to use, and some people struggled to get it set up. However, it did work well for some, so it may just depend on your Smartphone and Wi-Fi network settings.
But, for the price? If you’re willing to overlook these two drawbacks, Wyze is a serious win. We LOVE the low price, combined with no subscription fee. This will save you some serious money if you just want a camera to keep an eye on your kids or pets for example.
Sounds like exactly what you need to protect your home and family? It probably is! Check out this smart home security camera for yourself over on Amazon:
Wyze Surveillance Camera: Have your Say!
What do you think about this home security camera? Do you love it, or are you considering another brand?
Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other people concerned about home security, like yourself find this useful resource.
Latest posts by Damon Kennedy (see all)
- Q-See Camera Review: The Right Home or Business Security Solution? - August 6, 2019
- The Best Hidden Office Camera for Covert Monitoring - August 1, 2019
- How to Hide Security Cameras, Indoors and Outdoors - July 24, 2019
Last update on 2019-08-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API