Fake, or dummy security camera are a nice option if you want to protect your home, business or family for a very reasonable price. However, they have a number of disadvantages that you should be aware of. Keep on reading to find out the pros and cons of fake security cameras.
Pros and Cons of Fake Security Cameras: Things You Should Know
Are planning to buy a set of fake security cameras for your home? Maybe you’re deciding to opt for the dummy devices because of budget constraints. Typically, this is the same reasons people are opting for the fake security camera system—they lack the financial capability to spend hundreds of dollars on a top-quality system such as this one from Lorex to secure their family.
It’s okay if you are among these people. We all go through difficult times. And at times when we are not financially able, we think of many frugal ways to survive day after day. Part of being frugal is choosing the fake security system to still ensure our loved ones’ safety.
Compare Dummy Security Cameras
There are a number of top options for these kind of surveillance cameras on the market today, ranging from quite realistic to not so much at all. Here are some of the top options for you to consider here:
Good News: Dummy Cameras are very Affordable
Here’s the good news. Fake security cameras are legal! Just because they are fake devices, it doesn’t mean you are committing a crime when you buy them.
In fact, installing even just one camera on the wall lets you get rid of the possible occurrence of crime. This is the reason many companies today offer fake security cameras. If you cannot afford to buy the real ones, opt for the dummy ones. If you’re looking to make a quick purchase, we’ve done the hard work for you.
But before you push through with your purchase, let us give you some pieces of advice. There are pros and cons of fake security cameras that you should know and try to consider before installing them at home. Here are some of them:
Pros of Fake Security Cameras:
• Can help deter the criminals from coming near your home
• More practical way to secure your family and property
• Easier to install
• Lighter in weight and easier to manage
• Does not consume electricity so no added cost
• Easy to find batteries
• Look very real that everyone (but you) will really think they are for real
• No recurring monthly fees
Cons of Fake Security Cameras:
• Not for you if you live in an area where it is highly dangerous.
• Don’t depend too much on its sturdiness.
• Since it’s a fake device, there’s no alarm to alert you that a crime is actually taking place at home.
• The cameras are not real too, to capture the actual goings-on
• Since it’s just a dummy, nothing will ever be documented once any form of crime takes place.
Where To Install Dummy Surveillance Cameras
Just because your camera isn’t real, doesn’t mean that you should carefully consider where you place them. Remember, you want to make them look as realistic as possible. This means that you should place them exactly like you would a real camera—pointing towards important areas like the front door and high up, out of reach of someone who could smash them.
More details here: Where to Place Fake Security Cameras.
How to Install Dummy Security Cameras
Do you want even more tips and tricks for where to put these cameras? Check out this short video for all the information you need:
Consider a Combination of Real and Fake Security Cameras
If you’re looking for the ultimate in home protection, then consider a combination of these two things. Spend whatever amount of money you can afford on a real security system. Then, consider supplementing it with fake cameras. We recommend putting the real cameras in high-traffic areas where they can be easily seen from the street.
For lower-traffic areas, consider using the fake ones. If a burglar does happen to go around to your backyard, they’ll see them, but these fake cameras won’t be under close scrutiny, as they would be if they were visible from the street. Make sense? It’s a top home security strategy to consider.
Our #1 Pick for Dummy Security Cameras
WALI Bullet Dummy Fake Surveillance Security CCTV Dome Camera Indoor Outdoor with 1 LED Light,...
- Features: The inexpensive solution for security theft problems with high resemblance to real cameras...
- Design: Made of high quality and durable material. Compact design and easy to install. Appear to...
- Installation: Cheap and effective way to deter criminals. Installs quickly and easily to the ceiling...
- Environment: Protect your homes, shops and business. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage. Mix...
- Package Includes: 2 x Wali Bullet Simulation Camera (Silver), 6 x Screw, 2 x Steel Bracket, 2 X...
We have just presented to you the advantages and disadvantages of considering the fake security cameras. It actually depends on your security needs and preference. If, in spite of the cons we mentioned above, you are still determined to install a fake CCTV camera at home, we have some recommendations for you.
Authentic Looking Dummy Camera
If you want to make everyone in your neighborhood to believe that you have a real security system, opt for the authentic looking one like the Wali Bullet Dummy Camera. This is bigger in size than some of the other dummy cameras out there so no one will think it’s a dummy. Many reviewers commented on how realistic it looks when up around their houses.
Reasonably Priced Deterrence
You can purchase this product for a very reasonable price. And at such a very reasonable price, you are about to achieve peace of mind because this dummy camera will definitely scare the bad men away!
Benefits of Wali Dummy Cameras
There are five good reasons why you should avail of the Wali Bullet Ultimate Fake Camera:
1. It’s waterproof so you don’t have to worry about the heavy downpour.
2. You can use it both indoors and outdoors.
3. It has long battery life of up to one year.
4. It comes with a flexible bracket for easy mounting.
5. It looks very authentic.
Where Can I Find It?
You can easily find this top-rated dummy security camera on Amazon. Check now for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Since it is a dummy security gadget, don’t expect it to be perfect all the time. First of all, you have to purchase your own batteries for this device to function. But don’t worry, batteries are not expensive and they are easily available in stores nearest you. Second, we’re reminding you that even though this security camera looks exactly the same as the real one, it is still a dummy.
Think Carefully about Where to Put Them
Therefore, it is not as sturdy as the actual CCTV camera. If you don’t want people to discover your secret, don’t let them touch the Wali Fake Camera. These are only minor drawbacks, though. Don’t let them affect your decision to buy. The Wali Bullet fake camera is not the only product you can buy.
Have your Say about the Pros and Cons of Dummy Security Cameras
In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of using fake security cameras? Are they worth it, or not so much? Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself who are concerned with home or business security on a budget.
Latest posts by Damon Kennedy (see all)
- Tenvis Wireless IP Camera With Night Vision Review - October 11, 2019
- Q-See Camera Review: The Right Home Or Business Security Solution? - August 6, 2019
- Best Hidden Office Cameras For Covert Monitoring - August 1, 2019
Last update on 2019-10-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API