If you’re looking for a nanny cam to keep an eye on things when you’re not around, you have a number of choices.
Unlike some of the other nanny cams that we just mentioned, light bulbs are normally found in every single room in every single building (air fresheners are another item like this). This is unlike a smoke detector, picture frame, or USB charger in which you’d only expect to see them in certain places.
Keep on reading for our top picks for light bulb cameras to help you keep an eye on your loved ones, employees or property.
Best Light Bulb Cameras Compared
Top Light Bulb Cameras Reviews
Below are brief reviews of our favorite light bulb security cameras. We recommend these models, because they offer the best value for your money: great performance at a reasonable price.
1080P Lightbulb Camera With Wi-Fi By BESDERSEC
Full HD 1080P Home WiFi Camera, 360 Degree Panoramic Wireless Security IP Camera for Home Baby Pet...
- 1. 360 DEGREE PANORAMIC VIEWING ANGLE WITHOUT BLIND AREA. Tired of the blind area of traditional...
- 2. INTELLIGENT AI MODE & SMART MOTION ALARM. We creatively introduced Intelligent AI mode to this...
- 3. QUICK & EASY SETUP WITHIN MINUTES. Compatible with E26 / E27 light socket makes this camera quite...
- 4. FULL HD 1080P with CLEAR NIGHT VISION. Built in HD Lens and excellent IR LEDs, this camera...
- 5. PLEASE NOTE BEFORE PURCHASE. This camera only compatible with 2.4GHz WiFi currently, please reset...
Our #1 choice for camera light bulb is this one from BESDERSEC. It comes with a ton of features you’ll love including high-quality recording, audio capability, motion detection and night vision.
Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Full 1080P HD
- Panoramic view
- Night vision that automatically turns on (and can be turned off via phone app)
- Two-way audio
- Wi-Fi enabled for remote viewing via phone app
- Can be connected with up to 5 users
- Supports up to 128 GB memory card
- Looks and functions like an actual lightbulb. The brightness can be controlled on your phone
- Easy to install (just like a regular lightbulb)
- Various recording modes can be set on your phone
- Blends in well so won’t be suspicious
- Draws power from the light socket
- Reasonable price
What Do People Think About It?
“Love this light bulb camera for keeping an eye on my nanny and kids. Even though it has a lens on the top of it, who actually looks up and notices something like this? There are a ton of features and it just works really well.”
“Does exactly what it says it’ll do. It does take a little while to set up, but just follow the instructions. Easy to use phone app and this package is definitely a winner in the nanny cam world!”
“Camera covers a surprisingly large area. It’s a nice option for someone looking for an alternative to more expensive home security devices. Getting it installed was easy and took just a few minutes.”
You can easily find this top-quality light bulb camera online. Check now for the current price.
Light Bulb Camera With 32 GB Memory Card Included
Light Bulb Camera Wifi 1080P HD 360 Fisheye Wireless Security Camera Home LED Light Cameras Motion...
- 【1080P Full HD Day & Night Vision】: The light bulb camera with 1920*1080P Bright Full HD...
- 【Motion Detection & Alarm Function】:Motion detection runs under the support of a Micro SD card....
- 【Remote Control & View Everywhere】:Once the light bulb camera connect WIFI, the living stream...
- 【Remo【Micro SD Card Storage & Playback】: The bulb camera supports memory card up to 128GB (not...
Next up on list of the best light bulb cameras is this one that includes a 32GB memory card. This fact sets it apart from much of their competition which don’t included this kind of expensive item.
Besides that, it works well and has a lot of features that you’ll appreciate including a top-notch lens, night vision and motion detector. Combine that with a very generous warranty and return policy and you certainly have a winner.
We love the fact that you’re able to have 24/7 monitoring with this device. The device will send you alerts to your mobile phone and then you activate the live stream.
Keep on reading to find out more about this light bulb security camera.
- 32 GB memory card included, but can support up to 128 GB
- Night vision up to 32 feet (works even in total darkness)
- Motion detection with alert to your smartphone
- 360 fisheye viewing for all the areas of the room
- Live stream videos can be accessed by any device (Android or iPhone) by up to 5 users
- Free exchange and returns up to 36 months
- Turn the light on/off via phone app
- Quick setup
“Can’t get a better camera for the money in my opinion. I love getting alerts to my phone, and it was also easy to set up. I’ll be getting a few more for the other rooms in my house.”
“These things can give you some serious peace of mind, especially when you’re on vacation. I wanted to make sure the pet sitter I hired was actually checking on my cats every day. The alerts we got every day were perfect for this. Plus, we got to see for ourselves that our cats were okay and not too unhappy.”
“Worth its weight in gold to find out what’s happening with my caregiver for my kids when I’m at work. This product is kind of new to the market, but it’s a solid buy as it works very well.”
Where Can I Buy It?
Does it sound like the right nanny cam or home security device for your needs? Learn more about it on Amazon.
LUWATT Light Bulb Camera With 360 Degree View
LUWATT Panoramic Light Bulb Camera 360 Degree Smart WiFi, 1080P HD Security Surveillance Camera with...
- 💡 360 𝐃𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐇𝐃 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚 - The bulb built in a 360 degree...
- 💡 𝐖𝐈𝐅𝐈 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - Connect your phone to 2.4G Wifi,...
- 💡 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐖𝐚𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - The panoramic...
- 💡 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - With night vision and IR motion...
- 💡 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲 - Our company provides all-sided after-sales service and...
Next up on out list of light bulb cameras is this top-rated one from LUWATT. They have a lot of excellent reviews and their product is one of the top nanny cams here at Spy Cameras Reviewed.
- Full 1080 HD, 2MP camera
- Panoramic wide angle view
- IR motion detection
- Night vision
- Two-way communication for kids or pets
- Up to 128gb microSD card
- Functions as a real lightbulb
- Can control the lightbulb via phone app
- Good customer support
- Compatible with Android 4.1, or iOS 9.2 and above
- Simple to get up and running
What Do People Think About It?
“Really awesome wireless security device that was exactly what my family needed to keep an eye on my kids after school when they were home alone, and my pets during the day when I was at work. I love being able to talk to them as well. Works exactly as described and is super easy to set up.”
“Very happy with my purchase. It’s easy to get the lightbulb connected to your phone, or you can record to the miniSD card as well. It’s one of the easier devices like this that I’ve set up actually and the footage is good enough for my needs.”
“Smart design, great picture quality and a ton of features that I find very useful. Can’t really say much more than that and I love the information that I’m able to get from this when I monitor the floor of the factory that I own.”
Order Yours Today
You can easily find this top-quality nanny camera on Amazon. Click the button below to find the current price.
What To Look For In A WiFi Light Bulb Camera?
There are a number of factors that you should consider when choosing which lightbulb camera is right for you needs. Here are some of the most important things to think about.
These days, 1080P HD recording is pretty standard among spy gear and nanny cams. Devices with this quality are very affordable and within the reach of most people.
Once you get into lower qualities, you’ll find that the images and video start to become fuzzy and unclear. It may even be hard to distinguish faces and it may not be useful evidence in case of a crime.
Field Of View
Due to their nature, most light bulb security cameras have a 360 field of view that can record an entire room. This is because by their nature, they point down towards the floor.
Compare this to something like a USB charger camera that may have a very limited field of view, sometimes at little as 90 or 120 degrees.
Clearly, more is better and you’ll need fewer devices to cover any one room or building.
Some of these light bulbs have various audio options. 1-way audio allows you to just listen, while 2-way audio lets you talk to the people in the room. This can be a handy option to have if you want to keep an eye on pets who neighbours say are barking all day long when you’re not there.
We prefer having a number of choices when it comes to storage. You should be able to storage footage via memory card, or built-in storage.
You may also want the option to store it in the cloud, or on your Smartphone. The best nanny cams offer an array of options for you to choose from.
Almost all of the light bulb hidden cameras can connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network. This allows you to view the footage remotely via phone app, as well as get alerts when motion is detected.
Some of the best nanny cams have excellent phone apps that are very easy to use and allow you to adjust the camera easily from your phone or tablet.
The worst ones are barely usable. If you plan on using this function, check reviews carefully to see what it’s like.
This varies considerably from company to company, but we love ones that offer a warranty of at least 1 year. In addition, you may want to look for a no-questions-asked return policy within 30 or 60 days. This can be useful, if, for whatever reason you have a hard time setting it up.
How Well Hidden It Is
When you’re choosing a nanny cam, obviously you’ll want it to be well hidden. The best ones look like the real devices, whether it’s a light bulb, water bottle or lighter.
How easy in installing and hooking up to your mobile device? As with most tech devices, it will take a few minutes, but it shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes. Read the reviews online to see which ones are easier than other with regards to this.
The Actual Light Bulb Itself
The quality of the actual light bulb varies from company to company. But obviously it should actually work in order to not raise suspicion. The best ones can be turned on and off via phone, and you may also be able to adjust the brightness level.
In general, most of them will fit into a standard light socket.
Is It Legal?
Before you get your bulb camera up and running, you’ll need to consider whether or not it’s legal where you live. Laws vary widely between countries and even from state to state. So, please check about the specifics for where you live. It may certainly be illegal to record someone without their permission.
And of course, keep in mind our #1 rule at Spy Cameras Reviewed: only for good and not for evil. If you want to keep an eye on your nanny who looks after your children, or your pets, no problem. Same with keeping an eye on the expensive tools or equipment at your business.
But, for general spying on people? That’s not for good, so please don’t use these devices for that purpose.
Are there Other Nanny Cameras That I Should Consider?
That’s a great question and we’re happy that you asked. There are a number of different styles of nanny cams to choose from besides light bulbs. For example, you can find hidden cameras in smoke detectors, water bottles, picture frames, clock radios, USB chargers and more. What you need really depends on your needs.
Here are some of our top picks: What are the Best Nanny Cams? Or, you can check out this handy comparison chart below:
Light Bulb Cameras: Your Thoughts
What’s your top pick for a camera light bulb? Or, do you have another recommendation for a nanny camera? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other people, like yourself, who are concerned about keeping their home, family and business safe.
- Stuffed Animal Spy Camera Review: Ideal Pick For A Nanny Cam? - August 7, 2019
- Portable Door Jammer Device Review: For Travel, Home Or Office - August 2, 2019
- Air Freshener Hidden Camera Review: The Ideal Nanny Cam? - August 1, 2019
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API