If you’re looking for a nanny cam to keep an eye on things when you’re not around, you have a number of choices. You may opt for a smoke detector, water bottle, USB charger, button camera, USB audio recorder, or a variety of other devices. However, a lightbulb camera is one of our top picks.
Unlike some of the other nanny cams that we just mentioned, light bulbs are normally found in every single room in every single building. This is unlike a smoke detector, picture frame, or USB charger in which you’d only expect to see them in certain places.
Keep on reading for our top picks light bulb cameras to help you keep an eye on your loved ones, employees or property.
1080P Lightbulb Camera with Wi-Fi by JBonest
- Full HD - recording in 1080P Full HD to capture clearer images for you, 2.0MP HD bulb camera with a...
- Night vision - bulb camera has night vision so that you can see the clear image even in dark, no...
- Wi-fi Connection - You can add this bulb panoramic camera to your phone through the app, and share...
- Build-in speaker & microphone - communicate with your family at any time, that bulb camera has a...
- Bulb shape - it looks like a Bulb and it also can be Used as a Bulb, you can control the light with...
Our #1 choice for camera light bulb is this one from Jbonest. It comes with a ton of features you’ll love including high-quality recording, audio capability, motion detection and night vision.
Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Full 1080P HD
- Panoramic view
- Night vision that automatically turns on (and can be turned off via phone app)
- 2-way audio
- Wi-Fi enabled for remote viewing via phone app
- Can be connected with up to 5 users
- Supports up to 128 GB memory card
- Looks and functions like an actual lightbulb. The brightness can be controlled on your phone
- Easy to install (just like a regular lightbulb)
- Various recording modes can be set on your phone
- Blends in well so won’t be suspicious
- Draws power from the light socket
What do People Think About It?
“Love this light bulb camera for keeping an eye on my nanny and kids. Even though it has a lens on the top of it, who actually looks up and notices something like this? There are a ton of features and it just works really well.”
“Does exactly what it says it’ll do. It does take a little while to set up, but just follow the instructions. Easy to use phone app and this package is definitely a winner in the nanny cam world!”
“Camera covers a surprisingly large area. It’s a nice option for someone looking for an alternative to more expensive home security devices.”
You can easily find this top-quality light bulb camera online. Check now for the best prices and to find out whether it’s eligible for free shipping with an Amazon Prime membership:
JBonest Spy Light Bulb Review
Light Bulb Security Camera with 32 GB Memory Card Included
- 【1080P Full HD Day & Night Vision】: The light bulb camera with 1920*1080P Bright Full HD...
- 【Motion Detection】: An alert message will be sent to your phone app automatically when Wifi Bulb...
- 【Remote Control & View Everywhere】:Once the light bulb camera connect WIFI, the living stream...
- 【SD Card&Light Function】:Include 32GB Micro SD Card.The Light Bulb Security Camera Support Micro...
- 【Friendly & Effective Service Guarantee】:If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to send...
Next up on list of the best light bulb cameras is this one that includes a 32GB memory card. This fact sets it apart from much of their competition which don’t included this kind of expensive item.
Besides that, it works well and has a lot of features that you’ll appreciate including a top-notch lens, night vision and motion detector. Combine that with a very generous warranty and return policy and you certainly have a winner.
Keep on reading to find out more about this light bulb security camera.
- 32 GB memory card included, but can support up to 128 GB
- Night vision up to 32 feet (works even in total darkness)
- Motion detection with alert to your smartphone
- 360 fisheye viewing
- Live stream can be accessed by any device by up to 5 users
- Free exchange and returns up to 36 months
- Turn the light on/off via phone app
“Can’t get a better camera for the money in my opinion. I love getting alerts to my phone, and it was also easy to set up. I’ll be getting a few more for the other rooms in my house.”
“These things can give you some serious peace of mind, especially when you’re on vacation. I wanted to make sure the pet sitter I hired was actually checking on my cats every day. The alerts we got every day were perfect for this. Plus, we got to see for ourselves that our cats were okay and not too unhappy.”
Where Can I Buy It?
Does it sound like the right nanny cam or home security device for your needs? You can find the best prices online. Learn more about it here:
What Should I Look for in a WiFi Light Bulb Security Camera?
There are a number of factors that you should consider when choosing which lightbulb camera is right for you needs. Here are some of the most important things to think about.
These days, 1080P HD recording is pretty standard among spy gear and nanny cams. Devices with this quality are very affordable and within the reach of most people.
Once you get into lower qualities, you’ll find that the images and video start to become fuzzy and unclear. It may even be hard to distinguish faces and it may not be useful evidence in case of a crime.
Field of View
Due to their nature, most light bulb security cameras have a 360 field of view. This is because by their nature, they point down towards the floor.
Compare this to something like a USB charger camera that may have a very limited field of view, sometimes at little as 90 or 120 degrees.
Clearly, more is better and you’ll need fewer devices to cover any one room or building.
Some of these light bulbs have 1 or 2-way audio. 1-way audio allows you to just listen, while 2-way audio lets you talk to the people in the room. This can be a handy option to have if you want to keep an eye on pets who neighbours say are barking all day long when you’re not there.
We prefer having a number of choices when it comes to storage. You should be able to storage footage via memory card, or built-in storage.
You may also want the option to store it in the cloud, or on your Smartphone. The best nanny cams offer an array of options for you to choose from.
Almost all of the light bulb hidden cameras can connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network. This allows you to view the footage remotely via phone app, as well as get alerts when motion is detected.
Some of the best nanny cams have excellent phone apps that are very easy to use and allow you to adjust the camera easily from your phone or tablet.
The worst ones are barely usable. If you plan on using this function, check reviews carefully to see what it’s like.
This varies considerably from company to company, but we love ones that offer a warranty of at least 1 year. In addition, you may want to look for a no-questions-asked return policy within 3o or 60 days. This can be useful, if, for whatever reason you have a hard time setting it up.
How Well Hidden it is
When you’re choosing a nanny cam, obviously you’ll want it to be well hidden. The best ones look like the real devices, whether it’s a light bulb, water bottle or lighter.
The Actual LightBulb Itself
The quality of the actual light bulb varies from company to company. But, obviously it should actually work in order to not raise suspicion. The best ones can be turned on and off via phone, and you may also be able to adjust the brightness level.
Is it Legal?
Before you get your bulb camera up and running, you’ll need to consider whether or not it’s legal where you live. Laws vary widely between countries and even from state to state. So, please check about the specifics for where you live. It may certainly be illegal to record someone without their permission.
And of course, keep in mind our #1 rule at Spy Cameras Reviewed: only for good and not for evil. If you want to keep an eye on your nanny who looks after your children, or your pets, no problem. Same with keeping an eye on the expensive tools or equipment at your business.
But, for general spying on people? That’s not for good, so please don’t use these devices for that purpose.
Have your Say about these Light Bulb Cameras
What’s your top pick for a camera light bulb? Or, do you have another recommendation for a nanny camera? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Latest posts by Bobby Miller (see all)
- Best Hidden Camera Picture Frame: Keep your Home and Family Safe - April 12, 2019
- The Best Listening Devices for Your Needs | Voice Activated Recording - April 12, 2019
- Keychain Voice Recorder: Our Top Picks | Hidden Voice Recorders - April 12, 2019
Last update on 2019-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API