Are you looking for a reasonably priced, top-quality surveillance system for your home or business? Then you might want to consider the Uniden security camera.
Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right security camera for your needs.
Uniden G6860D2 1080p DVR, 6 1080p Cameras with 100' Night Vision, 2 TB HDD, Surveillance Recorder,...
- Full HD 1080p video provides clear, crisp images and video
- 100' of night vision lets you see in near total darkness
- 2 TB hard drive stores weeks of video
- IP66 weatherproof cameras provide protection and durability
- Remote viewing from your mobile phone or tablet - iOS / Android. Please refer the User Guide before...
Uniden Surveillance System Review
If you’re looking for a reasonably priced hardwired security system, then you’ll certainly want to consider Uniden. They have a lot of features that you’d expect for something in this price range.
As far as the cameras go, they’re excellent and we, along with most other people have no complaints about them. The picture quality is excellent, the night vision works well and they’re also weatherproof.
However, like many cheaper security systems, where this one could be improved is with the software. If you take a look at the reviews carefully, you’ll notice some common trends.
People have a really difficult time with both the DVR and the phone app. With the DVR, you may find that you constantly have to reset it in order to get it work. This is only a small deal if you’re right there, but if you got this system to monitor things from a distance? It’s kind of a game-changer.
As far as the phone app goes, it’s far from the best out there, and scrolling back through footage if far more cumbersome than it needs to be. Combine this with poor customer service and we’d actually recommend spending a bit more money and sticking with something like Lorex or Samsung. You’ll likely be happier with the results.
- 1080P HD cameras (6 included)
- Weatherproof cameras designed for outdoor use
- Includes a DVR (2 TB) with up to 1 month of storage (depends on the settings you choose)
- 100 feet night vision
- Remote viewing on phone or tablet (compatible with iOS or Android)
- Motion sensor and push notifications
- Ability to watch live feed on phone, take snapshots, or look at different channels
Where Can I Get Uniden Camera Systems?
You can easily find this Uniden camera system on Amazon. Click the button below to learn more about it, and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership.
What’s in the Box?
Here’s what you can find with this security camera system:
- 1, 8 Channel DVR
- 6 1080P HD cameras
- 1 6′ ethernet cable
- 1 6′ HDMI cable
- 4 60′ BNC/Power cables for camera
- USB mouse
- 1 camera power splitter
- 1 camera power adapter
It’s basically everything you need to get your home security system up and running.
- Well-made, durable cameras
- Night vision works really well
- Cameras are sleeker and smaller than many others in this price range
- No monthly fees
- Some issues with viewing past footage
- Durability and usability of the hard drive may be an issue
- Some problems with the phone app
- Customer service is almost non-existent
- Some people may prefer a wireless setup
- No audio capabilities or alarm/siren functions
- Some people prefer a system that runs on Wi-Fi (consider the Yi Outdoor Security Camera)
Uniden Surveillance Camera: Customer Reviews
“Nice video, an app that’s pretty easy to use (especially compared to some of the other brands), night vision that works well and small, sleek cameras. All of this at a reasonable price and I’d definitely recommend Uniden to others.”
“Well made cameras, with the IR feature working really well at night. 1080p has enough detail to clearly identify people or things in the video footage. My only real complaint is that the software isn’t great for when you actually want to view the footage. Like it’s more difficult than it should be to rewind back in time.”
“Had some big issues viewing the footage on my phone. I keep having to reset the DVR every few days. It would certainly not be ideal if you bought this unit to monitor something remotely. I’ve contacted customer service, but they are MIA so far and I’ve had no response from them.”
How To Install
Check out this video for tips and tricks for getting your Uniden security system up and running:
Uniden Camera Review: Conclusion
Overall, Uniden cameras are a decent option, but they’re far from the best. The price is certainly right and the hardware is well-designed so you can’t fault the company for that.
However, things seem to go wrong with the DVR, customer service and the phone app. When you take these things into consideration, Uniden security systems may cause you more headaches than it’s actually worth. For this reason, we recommend sticking with one of the options from the chart above.
In particular, the customer service seems to be quite troublesome. When you compare this with other companies that have detailed tech support articles and videos, 24/7 live chat, phone calls, etc., there just isn’t any comparison.
Does it sound like the right surveillance system for your needs? Click the button below to find out more about Uniden cameras, available on Amazon.
What About The Uniden – Dcam Dash Camera?
Uniden DC360 iWitness Dual-Camera Automotive Dashcam Video Recorder, G-sensor with Collision...
- Dual lens camera with 180 degree wide angle view
- Front/rear combined 1280P video recording with loop recording
- G-sensor with collision detection mode and motion detection
- Built-in microphone
- Plug and play easy set-up
You may have heard about the Uniden Dash Camera. It’s quite a popular option as it’s reasonably priced and has a number of features that you’ll appreciate.
In particular, we like the wide angle view, front and rear recording, along with the G-sensor, a collision detection mode.
Another Top Pick: The Uniden Guardian Camera
Uniden Guardian Advanced Wireless Security System with 2 Surveillance - G766
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The...
The Uniden wireless security camera is a popular choice for people who are looking for something that doesn’t require running cables and is very easy to install. It’s designed for outdoor use and is also equipped with night vision (40′).
Like the system we reviewed, you can get notifications and view the footage on your smartphone via mobile app. Besides that, it comes with a 7 inch LCD monitor for an easy viewing option.
Learn more about the Uniden Guardian camera:
Uniden Security Camera: Your Thoughts
What are your thoughts about Uniden cameras? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself who are concerned with home security find this useful resource.
- Do You Need A Permit For A Home Security System? - January 23, 2021
- What Is A Loop Recording Dash Cam? (And Do You Need It?) - January 21, 2021
- How Long Do Police Keep Dash Cam Videos? - January 20, 2021
Last update on 2021-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API