If you’re looking for a reasonably priced security camera system, this one from Zmodo should be at the top of your list. Make your home or business more secure with Zmodo.
Keep on reading for all the information you need to know in our buying guide about whether or not it’s right for you. It’s one of the top items of the year.
Introduction to the Zmodo Wireless Outdoor Security Camera
Many people want to install cameras at their home, workplace or in any other location such as where their boat is stored. The reasons for installing surveillance cameras vary. But, most people want to ensure that themselves, their family and their property are safe. Outdoor cameras can go a long way in ensuring this!
Keep an Eye on things Remotely
First of all, surveillance cameras, when placed out in the open can deter criminals. Nobody likes to be recorded doing bad things! They also allow the owner to keep an eye on things when they’re away from the location. Keep an eye on your company when you’re at home. Or your home when you’re at work.
Viewing footage is easy via your smartphone. And you can also get alerts such as when motion is detected.
- 【Cloud Service】: With Cloud Service, you can review, customize, save, share the footage, or have...
- 【Wide Viewing Angle】: With a 115° field of view, you can use one camera to capture an entire...
- 【Two-way Audio】: The camera has a built-in mic so that you can talk and listen through the Zmodo...
- 【Motion Alerts】: This WiFi camera will send push notification alerts to your smartphone when...
- 【Full 720p HD】: you can see crystal clear footage of your home with this high-resolution Mini...
Assist the P0lice in Case of Crimes
Perhaps your boat or trailer in the storage lot. Another benefit of security cameras is that they capture everything on film, should anything bad happen. You can turn this footage over to the police in order to assist with their investigation. It will really go a long way towards catching the bad guys.
Where to Buy It?
Keep on reading for our full review of this popular security system. Or, head on over to Amazon to check it out for yourself. You can often get free shipping with a Prime membership.
Features of the Zmodo Smart Security Camera
Let’s talk about the Zmodo Smart Security Camera in more detail. This package includes four security cameras that are designed for both indoor and outdoor use. The company mentions that setup is quick and easy because it uses your wireless network. You can access the stream through your Internet browser or phone app. Zmodo really does make it pretty easy to stay connected with what’s going on.
It’s one of our to picks, based on a number of key features that we’ll discuss below.
Night Vision Capabilities
We also love the night vision capabilities, which is up to 20m. The picture is surprisingly clear. And in the daytime, the images are even sharper.
Reasonably Priced Smart Home Device, but Works Well
Overall, it’s a nice product at a very reasonable price and it’s equal to or better than many of the more expensive options on the market today. We like how simple of a digital device it is, thanks to the software from Zmodo.
One of the best things about the Zmodo Smart Outdoor Camera is the motion alerts. Someone inside your house when there should be no one there? You’ll get a notification via Smartphone, be able to see who it is, and you’ll be able to contact the police if it’s a bad guy!
Reviewers specifically mention that the motion detection on this unit is better than some other similarly priced brands. It’s not too sensitive and there aren’t many false alarms.
Multiple Viewing Options
You’re able to view video footage on iOS, Android or PC, although you’ll need to set up your camera with the mobile app first. You can now view 4 channels at a time in a single screen.
Finally, you can share the devices with family members as needed so they can access the footage and receive motion alerts as well. It really is a versatile security camera system.
Where to Buy It?
You can get Zmodo cameras on Amazon today:
Compare the Top Security Systems
Zmodo Security Camera Pros:
- 60 day money-back guarantee
- 3-year warranty
- US tech support
- Easy set-up via the Zmodo app and connection guide
- Indoor and outdoor capabilities
- Night-vision, of up to 65 feet with 24 automatic infrared lights
- Notifications via smartphone for unexpected motion (alert clips), video and 5 still images
- Easily expandable by adding extra cameras if necessary
- Compatible with Alexa
- 720p HD recording
- Weatherproof and very durable
- 1 month of free cloud recording storage (rolling 7 days), although also works with a DVR or NVR hard drive), but will have to pay for a plan thereafter
- Possible to use without wifi
- Top notch security to protect your data with bank-level encryption
You may have heard their brand name before? They also make a popular smart video doorbell.
What Do People Think About It?
“I bought this camera about a year ago to keep an eye on my vacation home in Mexico that I leave for months at a time. Lo and behold, someone broke in and I received a notification here in the US. I contacted the Mexican police and they came and busted the guy. Totally worth it, and I loved how easy it was to set-up. It really does work!”
“The cloud service subscription will give you additional features, but it’s not entirely necessary. I mostly just want to view the footage in real time and it works very well for this. The Zmodo app is very intuitive and easy to use. The camera takes high resolution photos and videos.”
“Setup was very easy by following the included instructions. The footage is reasonably clear and there are a ton of feature that are very handy to have. My only small complaint is that the power cord is quite short so you may need an extension cord, depending on where you put it.”
“Ideal to protect your property and look after your health because you’re not worrying about what’s going on where you’re not at!”
Zmodo Security Camera Cons:
- Some found installation quite difficult (problems getting it to connect to the Wi-Fi network)
- A few reports reports of the motion sensor feature not really working
- Although there is support, it seems like they aren’t able to help everyone
- Some people found the included power cable quite short
- Not entirely “wireless” as it still needs to be plugged into a power outlet
- Users are only eligible for one month of free cloud recording, after that, you have to pay for it
- No digital zoom
- No pan or tilt
The Best Security Cameras
|Best Overall||Most Affordable||Easiest to Set Up|
|Lorex Security System||Ezviz Home Security||Arlo Security System|
|8 channel, motorized dome cameras||4 weatherproof cameras||2 wireless HD cameras|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Does this CCTV Work Without Internet?
Most wireless security cameras are able to be used without Internet, including this one. This is because of the local storage via SD card. You also have the option of connecting it to a hard drive.
However, you will lose out some of the key features. For example, motion detection alerts and a cloud storage option. But, if you’re in a remote place and just need a reasonably priced option to record in case of crime, or deter would-be criminals, then you may want to consider the Zmodo smart security device.
How to Install Them
How to Get Zmodo Cameras up and Running?
It’s quite easy to install these security cameras with just a few simple tools in minutes. Here’s how you do it:
- Download the free Zmodo app on your phone
- Create an account
- Connect the cameras to wifi
- Scan the QR code to start set-up
- The system will add additional cameras automatically as you turn them on
- Remotely watch your footage via Smartphone, tablet or PC
- Set up the app to receive an alert according to your specifications
The Takeaway on the Zmodo Security Camera System
Overall, it’s a decent surveillance camera at a very reasonable price. For some people, it was extremely easy to set up in minutes. The picture quality is quite good. You can access it from either the Internet or via Smartphone app. The night vision works well, and the motion detector isn’t bad. If you can get it to work quickly, you’ll likely be happy! It does the job it’s designed to do!
A Few Frustrations
However, there were some people who experienced some serious frustration with set-up. It ended up taking them way longer than it should have to figure it out! The good news is that there is some serious customer support from this company and they should be able to assist you in the case of difficulty.
Excellent Warranty and Guarantee
We also love the 60-day return and refund policy. If you can’t get it to work, return it and get your money back. This fact alone makes it a buy in our books. We also love the 3-year warranty. Zmodo is a company who stands behind their products.
Still Worth a Look
An affordable security camera with nice picture and a money-back guarantee? We’ll take that any day here at Spy Cameras Reviewed! The key here seems to be lowering your expectations. If you buy the Zmodo thinking that it’s going to give you the best picture, with all the features and be super-easy to set-up in minutes, you’ll likely be quite disappointed.
Reasonably Priced System that Does the Job
You get what you pay for! In this case, it’s a reasonably priced home surveillance camera that does the job it’s designed to do at a basic level. That makes it a serious win in our books.
We love how easy remote viewing is with this thing.
Camera with a Reasonable Quality Level
For the price, the camera in the Zmobo Security Camera is good enough and the footage is clear, and it’s easy to identify who’s in the pictures and videos. Here are a few of the features of it:
- 1280 x 720p resolution
- 81 degree viewing angle
- 2.8 mm lens
- Night vision enabled (up to 65 feet)
- Weatherproof housing
You can get this home security camera on Amazon today. Click here to find the best deals and free shipping:
What about the Zmodo 1080p Camera?
The company has recently come out with a higher-quality camera that is 1080p, instead of 720p. It has a number of similar features and benefits that you may have loved about their old cameras.
- Weatherproof with a wide range of temperatures
- 1080p high resolution viewing
- Infrared night vision with 20 LED lights up to 65 feet
- Can configure night vision sensitivity (high or low)
- Intelligent alerts
- Excellent customer service and warranty
- Wireless connecting to your Wi-Fi network (but requires a cord for power)
- Packages of 1-4 cameras available
What do People Think About it?
“Overall, a pretty decent security camera that does exactly what it says it’ll do—send you security alerts, etc. when motion is detected, even at night. Something to be aware of though is that the cloud storage costs are per camera, which I wasn’t really aware of when I bough the units.”
“Nice, clear picture, but I didn’t purchase the cloud storage because I just wanted live viewing to monitor things around my house when I wasn’t home. The motion detector is quite sensitive, but we adjusted the viewing field until we got fewer false alarms.”
“Image quality is great and installation was super easy. Would definitely recommend this product to just about anyone!”
Sounds like exactly what you need for your home or business? You can check them out online for the lowest prices, and you can often get free shipping with an Amazon Prime membership:
Compare the Best Selling Wireless Home Security Cameras
Check out some of our top picks here:
Have your Say about the Zmodo Indoor Outdoor Camera
What are your thoughts about this security camera system? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Latest posts by Damon Kennedy (see all)
- Uniden Security Camera Review: An Affordable Option for Home Security? - July 5, 2019
- Smonet Security Camera Review: The Right Option for You? - July 3, 2019
- Battery Powered Security Camera: The Reolink Argus - July 3, 2019
Last update on 2019-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API