If you’re looking for a low-priced security camera system, this one from Zmodo should be at the top of your list. It has its flaws and obviously can’t match more expensive cameras, but for the price, it delivers great value. Read our review to help you decide whether it is right for you.
Zmodo SD-H1080P-Z Outdoor Wireless Security Camera, HD 1080p WiFi Smart Home Surveillance IP Camera
- Security-focused Hardware: Zmodo outdoor security camera is metal-made to resist extreme harsh...
- True 1080p HD Live Video Day and Night: Watch your home in true 1080p Full HD day and night, and see...
- Smarter Motion Detection: Be notified with a key image of an event when Zmodo outdoor camera detects...
- Hands-free Voice Control: Zmodo outdoor camera works with Alexa and Google Assistant. Go hands-free...
- 30-day Free Trial of Zmodo Cloud Service: Enjoy a 30-day free trial of Zmodo 7-day cloud recording...
Zmodo Smart Wireless Security Camera Review
Many people want to install cameras at their home, workplace or in any other location such as where their boat is stored. The reasons for installing surveillance cameras vary.
Most people want to ensure that they, their family and their property are safe. Outdoor cameras like the Zmodo can go a long way in ensuring this!
Keep An Eye On Things Remotely
First of all, surveillance cameras, when placed out in the open can deter criminals. Nobody likes to be recorded doing bad things! They also allow the owner to keep an eye on things when they’re away from the location. Keep an eye on your business when you’re at home. Or your home when you’re at work.
Viewing footage is easy via your smartphone. And you can also get alerts such as when motion is detected.
Assist The Police In Case Of Crime
Perhaps someone tampers with your boat or trailer in the storage lot. Another benefit of security cameras is that they capture everything on film, should anything bad happen.
You can turn this footage over to the police in order to assist with their investigation. It will really go a long way towards catching the bad guys.
Features Of The Zmodo Smart Security Camera
Let’s examine the Zmodo Smart Security Camera in more detail. This package includes one to four security cameras (your choice) that are designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
Setup is quick and easy because it uses your wireless network. You can access the stream through your Internet browser or phone app.
Zmodo really does make it pretty easy to stay connected with what’s going on. It’s one of our to picks, based on the low price and a number of key features that we’ll discuss below.
Night Vision Capabilities
We also love the night vision capabilities, which has a range of up to 65 feet (20 meters). The picture is surprisingly clear. And in the daytime, the images are even sharper.
Low Price, But Works Well
Overall, it’s a nice product at a very good price and it’s equal to or better than many of the more expensive options on the market today. We like how simple of a digital device it is, thanks to the software from Zmodo.
One of the best things about the Zmodo Smart Outdoor Camera is the motion alerts. Is someone inside your house when there should be no one there?
You’ll get a notification via smartphone, be able to see who it is, and you’ll be able to contact the police if it’s a bad guy!
Reviewers specifically mention that the motion detection on this unit is better than some other similarly priced brands. It’s not too sensitive and there aren’t many false alarms.
Multiple Viewing Options
You’re able to view video footage on iOS, Android or PC, although you’ll need to set up your camera with the mobile app first. You can now view 4 channels at a time in a single screen.
Finally, you can share the devices with family members as needed so they can access the footage and receive motion alerts as well. It really is a versatile security camera system.
Where To Buy
The easiest place to buy Zmodo cameras is on Amazon. Click below to head there now.
- 60 day money-back guarantee
- 3-year warranty
- US tech support
- Easy set-up via the Zmodo app and connection guide
- Indoor and outdoor capabilities
- Night-vision, of up to 65 feet with 24 automatic infrared lights
- Notifications via smartphone for unexpected motion (alert clips), video and 5 still images
- Easily expandable by adding extra cameras if necessary
- Compatible with Alexa
- 1080p HD recording
- Weatherproof and very durable
- 1 month of free cloud recording storage (rolling 7 days), although also works with a DVR or NVR hard drive), but will have to pay for a plan thereafter
- Possible to use without wifi
- Top notch security to protect your data with bank-level encryption
You may have heard the brand name before? They also make a popular smart video doorbell.
- Some found installation quite difficult (problems getting it to connect to the Wi-Fi network)
- A few reports reports of the motion sensor feature not really working
- Although there is good support, it seems like they aren’t always able to help everyone
- Some people found the included power cable quite short
- Not entirely “wireless” as it still needs to be plugged into a power outlet
- Users are only eligible for one month of free cloud recording, after that, you have to pay for it
- No digital zoom
- No pan or tilt
What Do People Think About It?
“I bought this camera about a year ago to keep an eye on my vacation home in Mexico that I leave for months at a time. Lo and behold, someone broke in and I received a notification here in the US. I contacted the Mexican police and they came and busted the guy. Totally worth it, and I loved how easy it was to set-up. It really does work!”
“The cloud service subscription will give you additional features, but it’s not entirely necessary. I mostly just want to view the footage in real time and it works very well for this. The Zmodo app is very intuitive and easy to use. The camera takes high resolution photos and videos.”
“Setup was very easy by following the included instructions. The footage is reasonably clear and there are a ton of feature that are very handy to have. My only small complaint is that the power cord is quite short so you may need an extension cord, depending on where you put it.”
“Ideal to protect your property and look after your health because you’re not worrying about what’s going on where you’re not at!”
Does This CCTV Work Without Internet?
Most wireless security cameras can be used without Internet, including this one. This is because of the local storage via SD card. You also have the option of connecting it to a hard drive.
However, you will lose out on some of the key features. For example, motion detection alerts and a cloud storage option.
But if you’re in a remote place and just need a reasonably priced option to record in case of crime, or deter would-be criminals, then you don’t need internet to use the Zmodo smart security device.
How To Install
How To Get Zmodo Cameras Up And Running?
It’s quite easy to install these security cameras with just a few simple tools in minutes. Here’s how you do it:
- Download the free Zmodo app on your phone
- Create an account
- Connect the cameras to wifi
- Scan the QR code to start set-up
- The system will add additional cameras automatically as you turn them on
- Remotely watch your footage via Smartphone, tablet or PC
- Set up the app to receive an alert according to your specifications
Zmodo Security Camera System Review: Conclusion
Overall, it’s a decent surveillance camera at a very reasonable price. For most people, it is extremely easy to set up in minutes.
The picture quality is quite good. You can access it from either the internet or via smartphone app. The night vision works well, and the motion detector isn’t bad. If you can get it to work quickly, you’ll likely be happy! It does the job it’s designed to do!
A Few Frustrations
However, there were some people who experienced some serious frustration with set-up. It ended up taking them way longer than it should have to figure it out! The good news is that there is great customer support from Zmodo and they should be able to assist you in the case of difficulty.
Excellent Warranty And Guarantee
We also love the 60-day return and refund policy. If you can’t get it to work, return it and get your money back. This fact alone makes it a buy in our books. We also love the 3-year warranty. Zmodo is a company who stands behind their products.
Great Value Given The Price
An affordable security camera with nice picture and a money-back guarantee? We’ll take that any day here at Spy Cameras Reviewed!
The key here seems to be lowering your expectations. If you buy the Zmodo thinking that it’s going to give you the best picture, with all the features and be super-easy to set-up in minutes, you’ll likely be quite disappointed.
You’re buying a budget camera, so have budget expectations. If you do, you’ll end up being pleasantly surprised.
As always, you get what you pay for! In this case, you get a bit more: it’s a low-priced home surveillance camera that does the job it’s designed to do at a basic level. That makes it a serious win in our books. We especially love how easy remote viewing is with this thing.
Camera with A Good Quality Level
For the price, the camera in the Zmobo Security Camera is good enough and the footage is clear, and it’s easy to identify who’s in the pictures and videos. A quick summary of key features:
- 1080p resolution
- 81 degree viewing angle
- 2.8 mm lens
- Night vision (up to 65 feet)
- Weatherproof housing
Does this camera sound like exactly what you need for your home or business? You can check them out on Amazon by clicking the button below.
Zmodo Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Camera: Conclusion
What are your thoughts about this security camera system? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- A Guide To Protecting the Elderly Online - September 14, 2021
- Imou Security Camera Review: For Complete Peace of Mind - August 5, 2021
- Guide To Anonymous Browsing - July 15, 2021
Last update on 2021-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API