If you’re looking for a simple way to keep an eye on what’s going on at your front porch, then you’ll want to consider this porch light security camera. It connects with an existing light fixture you probably already have installed. Read our buying guide, packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right option for your mobile home or permanent house.
Porch Light Security Camera: Review Of The Toucan
If you’re looking for a true DIY home security solution to keep an eye on what’s happening at your front door, then you’ll want to consider the Toucan porch light surveillance camera.
When you connect it up with the Kuna App to a mobile device, you can get push notifications, as well as full control over the device including 2-way audio, one-touch 911 calling or the option to trigger a very loud alarm.
If you don’t already have an existing peephole, then it can be a bit of a hassle to drill through your door to install a peephole door viewer. However, if you already have a light fixture, it’s super simple to install this device in minutes without any drills or wires. Keep on reading for all the details you need to know.
- Wifi security camera
- Motion sensor alert
- Powered by light fixture or USB charger outlet
- Downloadable video
- 2 hours HD video cloud storage
- 720P HD camera
- 120 degree field of view
- 1 LED light bulb included
- Push notifications to mobile phone with the Kuna App
- 2-way audio
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Voice
- Porch light turns on at night when triggered by motion to allow for better video coverage than night vision cameras
- Good customer service, along with a 1 year warranty
- Built-in siren (100 db)
- Control the light via phone app
- One-touch dial for 911
- Easy installation
- Doesn’t require a monthly fee
You can easily find this home security device on Amazon. Check now for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership.
Toucan Security Camera Powered By A Porch Light: Customer Reviews
“I didn’t really know I needed this thing until I started using it. Now, I find that I can’t really live without it! It has so many functions and features that I’m discovering more and more things it can do each week. The best part? It really did take me only about 15 minutes to get everything set up, including the Kuna app on my phone.”
“When it works, it works well. However, I’ve had some issues with reliability and it very inconveniently stopped working when I was away on vacation.”
“Does a nice job with the motion detection with very few false alarms so far. The 2 hours of free cloud storage is enough for my needs, but be sure to check and download the footage regularly so that you don’t hit your limit. Also love the sticky pad on the back which didn’t require drilling through anything.”
Read More Customer Reviews and Ratings on Amazon.com
Kuna Toucan Security Camera Video Review
- Very easy to install
- Doesn’t require drilling
- Software on the phone app works well
- Motion sensors work well
- 2-way audio so you can talk to people at the door via Kuna App
- Some issues with reliability
- Some people had trouble with getting help from customer service
Toucan WiFi Security Camera: Unboxing, Installation And Review
Compare Outdoor Home Security Cameras
If you’re looking for a more robust solution for home security besides just a front porch camera, then you’ll want to consider a security camera system, from 4 to 16 cameras.
You can find both wired, and wireless options. Some offer cloud storage, while others connect up to a hard drive. Here are some of the top options, including Lorex Cameras that you may want to consider:
What About A Video Doorbell?
Another option that you may want to consider is a video doorbell. If you already have a peephole in your door, they can be very easy to install and some of the higher-end ones come with a lot more features that you’ll really appreciate. Check out some of our top picks here: Top 5 Video Doorbells.
What About A Solar Powered Security Camera?
REOLINK Outdoor Security Camera System – Wireless, Rechargeable Battery, 1080P Video, Night...
- Starlight Night Vision: With a starlight CMOS sensor, 1080p Full HD high resolution presents up to...
- Free Rolling 7-day Cloud Storage: Event videos are securely uploaded to SD card or Reolink cloud via...
- Smart PIR Motion Detection and Remote Control via WIFI: Reolink Cam automatically records event...
- Battery/Solar Powered: Wireless easy installation, it takes 5 minutes to set all up.
- Reolink 2-Year Warranty: With the durable and long lasting design, it can be used for years of...
Another simple solution for front porch security camera if you don’t have a power outlet handy is to consider this solar powered security camera, the Reolink Argus 2. It’s completely wireless and you can set it up in minutes. Besides that, here are some of the things that you’ll love about it:
- Very easy installation
- Runs on batteries that can be charged with solar power or USB charger (attached magnetically to bases so the camera can easily be removed for USB charging)
- No subscription fees for storage
- Smartphone App works well and has a ton of features and playback options
- Wide-angle, high quality footage that includes night vision
- Charges enough to run through the night, even on cloudy days
- Night vision works well
- Reolink is a top home security company with great tech support and customer service
Where Can I Find It?
You can easily get this top-quality security camera on Amazon. Learn more about the Reolink Argus 2 here and also to check the current price.
Or, you may also want to consider the Zumimall ZM-WFA3, which is similar to the Argus 2, but it’s a battery powered security camera.
Kuna Porch Light Security Camera Review: Conclusion
If you’re looking for a very simple home security device, then the Toucan Porch Light Camera is a good one to consider. Unlike some other devices that claim to be DIY in just minutes, this one actually. The company says it’ll take about 15 minutes, and in our experience, this is actually true.
You just have to connect it up to an existing light fixture, and then get the app on your phone. Once done, you’ll have full control over the device, and also receive push notifications to your phone in case motion is detected. Overall, it’s a nice home security product at a very reasonable price.
Where Can I Get This Security Camera Porch Light?
If you want to improve home security and have greater peace of mind, then you’ll need to seriously consider this security camera porch light. Click the button below to check for the best prices:
Front Porch Light Security Camera: Your Thoughts?
What are your thoughts about the Toucan outdoor wireless security camera that is powered by a light fixture? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself who are concerned with home security find this useful resource.
- A Guide To Protecting the Elderly Online - September 14, 2021
- Imou Security Camera Review: For Complete Peace of Mind - August 5, 2021
- Guide To Anonymous Browsing - July 15, 2021
Last update on 2023-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
I’ve had Kuna’s porch light security cameras for 3 years now. I have one on the front door and two more next to the garage. They are great, no complaints with functionality, recordings from the past couple of hours are free but to keep recordings longer it will cost around $7 a month.
Unfortunately integration with smart devices like Alexa and Google is not a priority for Kuna. 3 years ago they released the ability to have Alexa turn the light on/off, but stopped short of streaming the camera video to the TV on command, they don’t seem interested in smart-home integration. For example, if you had a Ring or other cameras, you can tell your Alexa to show front door and the camera would show on your TV. So in conclusion, I think Kuna’s cameras are the best in the market right now, but the moment Ring or any other company offers a Porch Light Camera that actually looks like a porch light, I’m switching away from Kuna.