Battery-powered outdoor security cameras tend to be lower quality.
But not all of them.
The Zumimall ZM-WFA3 is an exception, but it does have a few drawbacks as well. As long as those drawbacks are things you can live with, this is the best battery-powered option on the market.
Read our review and buying guide to help you decide if this battery powered security camera is the right choice for you.
Zumimall ZM-WFA3 Review: The Best Battery Powered Security Camera
If you are looking for a simple home security solutions, a battery powered security camera like the Zumimall ZM-WFA3 is a great choice. You can have it up and running in a matter of minutes.
The ZM-WFA3 is completely wireless. This means you don’t need a power outlet nearby and you don’t need to connect it to a base unit with a cable. But you do need a Wi-Fi network.
As a result, this battery powered WiFi security camera is ideally suited for locations that are far from a power outlet. Of course, you could run extension cord to the camera’s location, but that takes time, effort and money. Plus you end up with a cord running through your yard.
The camera itself is a top of the line device with a ton of features you’d expect to find only in more expensive models, like 2-way audio and wide angle viewing. Let’s get into the details.
- 100% wireless indoor/outdoor security camera
- 1080p HD recording
- Battery powered (built-in rechargeable battery and USB charging cable included)
- Low battery notifications (10%)
- 2-way audio
- Night vision
- PIR motion sensor
- Micro SD card slot, along with free cloud storage
- The camera is weatherproof
- 130 degree wide angle viewing
- Push notification and alerts in real time with the App (iOS or Android)
- Multiple account viewing sharing
- Magnetic and security wall mount
Where Can I Get The Zumimall ZM-WFA3?
Does this outdoor battery powered security camera sound like the right option for you? You can learn more about it on Amazon. Click the button below to head there now.
- Lots of features you generally only find in more expensive security cameras
- Siren feature activated via smartphone
- 2-way communication allows you to communicate with delivery people
- High quality camera lens
- No extra fees for cloud storage
- Easy installation with no wires or drilling
- Minimal lag on the video feed to a mobile device
- Nice software for the mobile apps
- Some people may not want to deal with replacing or recharging batteries
- No pan/tilt/zoom
- Does not include an SD card
- Not able to be integrated with an NVR or DVR hard drive for long term storage
- Wi-Fi connection required
- A few issues with the motion detection not being sensitive enough, or too sensitive (depending on the setting)
Battery Powered Wireless Outdoor Security Camera From Zumimall: Customer Reviews
“Overall, it’s a very well-made, durable indoor/outdoor security camera solution that’s ideal if you want to go truly wireless. It’s ideal for monitoring something like a shed or tree house where you may not have ready access to a power source. Love the two-way audio and the push notifications and emails when motion is detected.”
“Excellent video quality and very easy to set up, far easier than many other security cameras on the market today. The only thing I don’t like is that there’s no way to adjust the recording time. It’s only 6 seconds and that’s it, whether or not the motion is still happening.”
“A very decent camera for the price and probably the best among the battery powered options out there. It works as advertised but I had to play around with the motion detector settings and I never really found one that was exactly right. High catches things like leaves blowing, and medium is pretty similar. Low didn’t work that well unless you were right up next to the camera.”
“Great camera at a reasonable price. It’s super easy to set up and keep running. It’s also weatherproof as advertised which makes it super versatile.”
Compare Battery Powered Security Cameras
Besides the Zumimall ZM-WFA3, there are a few other options for battery powered outdoor security cameras. Here are some of our top picks:
Is there A Solar Powered Security Camera?
If you want the convenience of not being tied to a power source, but not having to deal with changing our or charging the batteries, then you may want to consider this solar powered option: the Reolink Argus 2.
It’s very similar to this battery powered camera in terms of features except that the batteries are charged by a solar panel. If it has been cloudy or rainy for a while, you can remove the cameras and charge them via USB charger as well.
Learn more about the Argus 2 solar powered wireless security camera in our full review.
Zumimall Battery Powered Wireless Security Camera Review: Conclusion
If you’re looking for a battery powered outdoor security camera, you unfortunately don’t have a ton of options. You’ll either find cameras that are powered via electrical outlet, or others that are through a PoE (Power Over Ethernet) connection.
But there are a few solar and battery powered options out there. And among them, Zumimall cameras are the best options. They give you the most bang for your buck.
Besides top-quality HD camera lenses, they have a lot of features that you generally only find in more expensive models. This particular model has night vision, a motion sensor, 2-way audio and a wide viewing angle.
Combine these things with Zumimall’s money-back guarantee and top-notch customer service and it is easy to see why the Zumimall ZM-WFA3 has our top recommendation. It’s a cut above the other battery powered options available.
Order Yours Today
If you’re interested in learning more about this battery powered wireless security camera system, click the button below to head over to Amazon.
Zumimall ZM-WFA3: Your Thoughts
What are your thoughts about the Zumimall ZM-WFA3 battery powered surveillance camera? Leave a comment below and let us know. Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself find this useful resource.
- How To View Dash Cam Footage (On Various Devices) - January 14, 2021
- How To Get Police Dash Cam Video (That Could Save Your Butt) - January 12, 2021
- What To Look For In A Dash Cam (And What You Can Ignore) - January 10, 2021
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API