Are you looking for a top-quality security system for your home or small business? Then you’ll certainly want to consider the Defender security camera system. It’s a reasonably priced option that has some very satisfied customers.
Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right option for you.
Defender 2K (4MP) Wireless 4 Channel 1TB NVR Security System with Remote Viewing and 4 Wide Angle...
- With wireless technology you can secure those hard to reach or more remote locations, All you need...
- With 2K (4 Megapixel) resolution, zoom in on your footage to view what's happening with crisp detail
- Stay connected with the free Defender Smart Signal app. View live or recorded footage and receive...
- IP67 certified weatherproof cameras equipped with invisible infrared LEDs means day or night, rain...
- With no contracts or monthly fees, you'll catch all the funny moments or suspicious activity...
Defender Security Cameras Review
If you’re looking for a basic home security system that has the option of push notifications for motion as well as recording to a hard drive, then you’ll want to take a look at this Defender system. It has a lot of positives, but there are a few issues that mainly revolve around ease of use in terms of the software (eerily similar to Uniden security cameras).
However, for the price? It’s a reasonable option if you want a wireless security system that’s honestly not too hard to get up and running, if you can deal with the confusing software. Read more about some of the reasons we like it.
Key Features Of The Defender Wireless Security System
- 2K, 4 MP cameras (4 included)
- 127 degree wide angle cameras
- 1 TB NVR hard drive with 4 channels
- Remote viewing with the Defender smart signal app
- Push notifications
- Live viewing possible
- Weatherproof cameras
- Equipped with infrared LED night vision
- No monthly fees
- Motion detection alerts are customizable for time of day, etc.
- Easy set-up (wireless) that’s designed to be DIY
- 128 bit encryption for extra security
Where Can I Buy The Defender Security Camera?
You can easily find this top-quality wireless home security on Amazon.com. Check now for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership.
Video Review Of Defender Security Cameras
- Easy to install with no wires
- Push notifications to your phone or tablet, along with hard drive storage
- No audio (one-way or two-way)
- Lack of range for the camera to hard drive connection
- Some issues with the mobile app being unable to connect to the hard drive
- Power cords are too short in some cases
Defender Security Systems: Customer Reviews
“I’d previously been using the Nest cameras, but the yearly fee added up to a lot and I wanted something that didn’t have this. Cameras are great and they’re as easy to set up as the company says they will be. Overall, a very decent security at a reasonable price.”
“Nice, durable and well-built cameras. However, I couldn’t really get them to connect via Wi-Fi through even 1 single wall, and only about 20′ away from the NVR. Potentially a great system but this is a serious shortcoming. Thankfully, I was able to hardwire them and get around this for 2 out of the 4 cameras.”
“Some serious problems with the phone app. I never really could it to work that well without crashing, etc. I also couldn’t get a browser to connect to the NVR. It just kept telling me to download the Chrome app which doesn’t actually exist. A major frustration and it’s such a shame because the cameras seem to be high in quality and there is the potential for something much better in terms of software.”
Compare Home Security Systems
In terms of overall quality, Defender cameras are quite good. They are indeed weatherproof, durable and also have quite a high picture quality.
Some other issues include power cords that are too short, along with lack of range for the cameras to the NVR, especially through walls.
However, there are some serious issues with the software, including the Mobile app and lack of accessibility for the NVR to an Internet browser. All of these things exist, in theory, but it’s quite difficult for the average person to get set up.
How To Install Defender Security Systems
Check out this quick-start video for learning how to get Defender cameras up and running:
Defender Home Security System Review: Conclusion
As far as home or small business surveillance systems go, this one from Defender is a decent option, but it’s far from the best. There are a number of small issues, that when added together, end up being quite big problems in terms of ease of use. For some of the better options out there, including some in the same price range, check out the following article:
Where Can I Find The Defender Wireless Security Camera System?
The best place to find this home security camera system is on Amazon. Click the button below to see the best prices on this system, along with other surveillance cameras:
Defender Security Camera System: Your Thoughts?
What are your thoughts about this defender home security camera review? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself who are concerned about home or business security find this useful resource.
Latest posts by Damon Kennedy (see all)
- Q-See Camera Review: The Right Home Or Business Security Solution? - August 6, 2019
- Best Hidden Office Cameras For Covert Monitoring - August 1, 2019
- How To Hide Security Cameras Indoors And Outdoors - July 24, 2019
Last update on 2019-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API