There are a number of reasons why someone might want to covertly record a conversation.
You may want to record a conversation with your boss or coworkers, catch someone in a lie, make sure someone lives up to their promises, work as a secret shopper or record verbal abuse or some other crime.
While there are a number of ways to do this using spy pens, USB recorders, or other spy gadgets, a keychain voice recorder is one of our top picks. It’s discrete, easy to take with you anywhere and works great to secretly record conversations.
Do you want to know what our top picks are? Keep reading our buying guide for our best choices for keychain voice recorders.
Best Key Chain Voice Recorders
16 GB Digital KeyChain Voice Recorder
16GB Voice Recorder, Digital Keychain Audio Activated Recording, Intelligent Noise Reduction,...
- Voice Activated: Mini keychain recorder device has continuous recording and audio activated...
- 🔊keychain Voice Recorder Design: Voice recorder keyring has a mini, small, sleek and simple...
- 💎Easy To Use: Digital voice recorder is one-button operation to start, start recording, save...
- 160mAh Battery and 16GB Memory: Keychain recorder with 160mAh lithium battery supports 20 hours of...
- 💯Mp3 Play And compatible with Mac or PC: Mini recorder can be connected directly 3.5mm...
Taking the spot on our list is this 16 GB keychain recorder that has a ton of features you’ll love. What we love most is that it just works. It’s simple, discrete and records audio clearly and crisply. Exactly what you want in this kind of spy device.
- 8 GB internal memory
- Voice activated
- Intelligent noise reduction
- Discrete recording (no sounds or lights)
- 2 recording modes (continuous and voice activated)
- Headphone jack to listen directly
- Or, download audio to your computer
- Lithium battery with 15 hours of recording time
- One button operation
- Looks like a sleek keychain
What People Are Saying About it
“Really happy with this recording device! I got it to easily record lectures with my professor who talks really quickly, and I find myself recording stuff all the time now. Mostly, just little notes to myself when a good idea pops into my head about something.”
“If you want to record conversations without other people knowing about it, this may be one of the top picks you could make. It’s reasonably priced, but for such a small package, has some great audio quality. It’s really easy to clearly here the person speaking, even in a big classroom or something like that.”
Does it sound like the right audio recording device for your needs? Head over to Amazon.com to learn more about it. Don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for free shipping with an Amazon Prime membership:
Heart-Shaped Voice Recorder Key Chain
Digital Voice Activated Recorder - Heart shap 8g up to 94 Hours Capacity - 12 Hours Battery Life...
- Unique hear-shaped Design : 12 hours battery life when fully charged, 2 hours recharging time by...
- Voice Activated Recording : It will automatically start recording when sound is detected and you can...
- Simply the best & mac Compatibility - having only 1 buttons, this voice recorder can be used by less...
- Ultra small dimensions (34*36.5*11.7mm)- Conveniently fits in any pocket or purse for easy access...
- Playback: The recorder is both PC and Mac USB 2.0 Compatible. please connect it to PC to playback in...
Next up on our list is this key chain recorder that looks just like a small charm that you might put onto your keys. Except that it’s a top-quality recording device.
It’s a discrete way to record conversations without anyone even suspecting. After all, you carry your keys with you everywhere, right? It’s easier than ever to use this key chain recording device. Keep on reading to find out more about why we like it so much.
- 8GB built in memory
- Up to 94 hours of recording
- 12 hours battery life
- Voice activated recording
- Only 1 button makes it extremely easy to use
- Very small
- Can record while charging
- Compatible with Windows or Mac
- Wav format files
- NOT a listening device (no headphone jack)
“If you want a small recording device that nobody would ever suspect what it is, this may be the one for you. It’s very easy to use, even for the non-tech person like me. It was exactly what I needed.”
“Nice product at a great price and in a tiny package. My only small complaint is that the voice activation isn’t that sensitive. You should take your keys out of your pocket or bag and put them on the table for example to get it to work well.”
Where Can I Buy It?
You can easily find this audio recording device that looks like a small charm online. Check now for the lowest prices on this product, along with other spy gear and gadgets:
Key Fob Hidden Voice Recorder
Our last pick for key chain recorder is this device that is disguised as a basic key fob. It’s a realistic looking device that’ll work well if you want to record some short conversations.
However, the 2 GB memory is far less than the other products reviewed here and makes it not suitable for longer recordings like lectures or even meetings at work where you have to take minutes for example.
- Contains a headphone jack for listening directly from the recorder
- Instant deletion feature
- AGC microphone
- Voice activation and continuous recording modes
- Can also be used as an MP3 player
- 2 GB built in memory
- One touch operation
- Up to 15 hours of battery life
- Fast data transfer
- Includes high-quality headphones
What do People Think About It?
“Works great up to 20 feet and pretty easy to conceal. I just wish that it didn’t have a light on it when I was recording. However, it’s easy enough to hide with a piece of black tape.”
“Fun little spy gadget to play around with. It’s not like FBI quality or anything, but it’s kind of cool to try out. The instructions could certainly be written a bit more clearly though.”
Where Can I Buy It?
You can find the best deals online. Check now for the current price and to learn more about it.
What To Look For In A Keychain Voice Recorder
There are a number of factors that you’ll want to consider when deciding between keychain audio recorders. Here are a few of the most important things to think about.
Probably the most important question you should ask yourself before buying any kind of audio recorder is, “What is the capacity?”
Most devices will have built-in memory of at least 8 GB, and some have the option to add more in the form of a memory card. This is the minimum you’ll want to have because anything less will mean that you may run out of space too quickly. You’ll also have to frequently upload the audio to your computer.
If you want to record a lecture at university or something like that, any old audio recorder will do. However, if you want to secretly record conversations, you’ll need some spy gear that’s not obvious. For example, this heart shaped one we’ve reviewed above looks exactly like a charm that you might put on your keychain.
The best devices charge in under an hour while the ones that are not as good can take longer than 2 hours. You’ll also want a recorder that can go for at least 8-10 hours between charges.
You may want to consider a device that has a headphone jack so that you can listen to the recording without having to download it to your computer first. However, this can also make it less covert, unless the device is designed to look like a simple MP3 player.
Continuous And Voice Activated Recording
Most devices offer voice activated recording. That is, it’ll start recording when it senses noise. You may have to make sure it’s on the table for example, instead of in your jacket pocket or purse. Some units are more sensitive than others.
There are some that also offer continuous recording at the touch of a button. This can be a nice feature to have if you anticipate wanting to record an important conversation, or something like a lecture that you don’t want to miss.
Data Transfer Speed
The best audio recorders transfer data quickly from the device to your computer. The slower ones seem to almost take forever to do this!
All units should work with both Mac and Windows-based computers. Some these days are even compatible with Android phones and come with a micro-USB cord to allow for this.
Voice Recording Key Chains: Your Thoughts
What’s your top pick for a keychain recorder? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Latest posts by Bobby Miller (see all)
- Stuffed Animal Spy Camera Review: Ideal Pick For A Nanny Cam? - August 7, 2019
- Portable Door Jammer Device Review: For Travel, Home Or Office - August 2, 2019
- Air Freshener Hidden Camera Review: The Best Nanny Cams? - August 1, 2019
Last update on 2019-10-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API