Lorex Wireless Camera Problems
Lorex Wireless Cameras, as well as all Lorex security systems are designed to be very to install and setup. This is one reason that Lorex is one of the leading names in home and business security. Most people are able to install their security system in a few hours with a few basic tools. For more details on installing Lorex security systems, please see:
However, it really is possible to run into problems along the way when you’re installing your Lorex wireless camera home security system. We’ll outline a few of the most common Lorex wireless cameras problems that you might run into, as well as some solutions.
Lorex Wireless Camera Problem #1: No picture or Signal
You install everything, hook up the wires, turn on your Lorex home security system and hope to see some action. Nothing! Just a blank screen. Hopefully the solution is an easy one. Did you:
- Did you plug everything into a power source? Be sure to turn your power bar on too, if you plugged a cord into one.
- Make sure all cables are attached to a DVR or TV.
- Be sure the channel/input is correct. This will vary by TV or DVR so be sure to check the manual.
- The signal is too far or obstructed. This can be caused by building materials, distance, etc. Hold the camera up next to the receiver to rule out this problem.
- Are the camera and received paired? They should come paired already when you order a Lorex wireless camera. However, you may need to do this manually again. Check the manual that came with your security system for more details.
Lorex CCTV Camera Trouble-Shooting
Lorex Wireless Camera Problem #2: Competing Signals
Security cameras use a 2.4 GHz frequency. Many other products in your home use this same frequency. Lorex recommends upgrading to a dual band router so you can have a 5GHz and a 2.4GHz signal. This way, your security system won’t have to compete for bandwidth will all your other devices. It’s easier than you might think to set this up. Basically, you just need to get that aforementioned dual band router and follow the set-up instructions that come along with it.
Lorex Wireless Camera Problem #3: Poor Picture at Night
You may sometimes see bright spots in the picture when using your Lorex security system at night. This is often because the camera is inside, pointed towards the outside. If your goal is to see what’s going on outside, it’s recommended that you install the camera outside! However, it’s best to install it somewhere protected from the elements, such as under an eavestrough. Although they are outdoor cameras, they aren’t built to withstand a beating from the weather.
You may also see these bright spots if the camera lens is dirty. Clean it carefully with a damp camera cloth.
Lorex Night Vision Information
Lorex Wireless Camera Problem #4: The Night Vision Doesn’t Work
So you got yourself a sweet new camera from Lorex complete with night vision! You’re ready to try it out. Except it doesn’t work. A common problem is that there is too much light for this feature to become activated. Wait until it gets darker! Or, perhaps you’ve just installed it in a place that doesn’t really need night vision? Perhaps it’s pointing at a street light that stays on all night?
Lorex Wireless Camera Problem #5: There is No Color
If you always see black and white, but are expecting color, you may be disappointed! The problem is that the camera isn’t getting enough light. You should reinstall it somewhere else in order to get better picture quality.
Lorex Wireless Camera Problem #6: Poor Picture Quality
Just because a security camera is an “outdoor” one doesn’t mean it will stand up to abuse. Like any electronic gadget, some TLC goes a long way to ensuring your investment lasts a long time. Lorex recommends installing outdoor cameras away from the elements if at all possible. They are weatherproof but a constant barrage of rain, snow and hail will damage them. Remember, they are an electronic item and we all know that these things and water don’t really mix that well!
How to Set your DVR’s Output Resolution
A Different Lorex Wireless Camera Problem?
Comment below with your Lorex home security system problem and we’ll do our best to help you out with some solid advice, or point you in the right direction.
Need to buy a Lorex Wireless Camera Home Security System?
Or, you can see all the Lorex home security systems on Amazon.
Have your Say about Lorex Security System Problems
Do you have any comments or questions about Lorex security cameras? Any problems getting this security system set up, or problems after that? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Lorex Wireless Camera System, with 6 HD Rechargeable Wire Free Cameras, 95' Night Vision, 2-Way...
- 6 channel 1TB HD DVR, can expand up to 6TB; 6 1080p HD Rechargeable Wire Free Battery Powered...
- Hybid Wireless/Wired Capability; Lorex Cloud Connection and Apps, no monthly fee
- Built-in PIR camera motion sensor, Microphone and speaker - Audio Recording and 2-Way Talk
- DIY installation, Remote Viewing and Mobile Support, Connects directly to TVs and monitors, with or...
- 2-year Manufacturer Warranty
Latest posts by Damon Kennedy (see all)
- Q-See Camera Review: The Right Home Or Business Security Solution? - August 6, 2019
- Best Hidden Office Cameras For Covert Monitoring - August 1, 2019
- How To Hide Security Cameras Indoors And Outdoors - July 24, 2019
Last update on 2019-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API