Are you looking for an affordably priced, simple to install home security system? Then the Simplisafe security package may be just what you are looking for. Read our review and buying to help you decide if this system is right for you.
SimpliSafe 5 Piece Wireless Home Security System - Optional 24/7 Professional Monitoring - No...
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, and start...
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring and cloud recording with police, fire & medical dispatch...
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every...
- Backups for your backups. 24 hour battery and dual Wi-Fi & cellular connections to keep your home...
- Keyfob lets you arm and disarm on the go with just the push of a button. Built-in panic button...
Review Of The SimpliSafe Home Security System
If you’re looking for a simple home security system that you can set up yourself, the Simplisafe wireless home security system makes a great choice. It really is extremely easy to set up yourself in just an hour or two.
Two Monitoring Options For Simplisafe
There are two monitoring options. The first one is to pay a monthly monitoring fee. The second one is to monitor the system yourself. It really is up to you and your needs as to which one you choose.
What’s Included in the Package?
It’s cheaper than just about any other home security system out there, but you get quite a few components for your money, even with the most basic set. While basic, it does include the key things you need such as the following things.
The most basic setup includes the following components (several other sets are available with additional components):
- Base Station with built-in 95dB siren
- Entry sensors
- Motion sensor
- Key fob
- Yard sign
- Window security stickers
- One free month of monitoring
Where Can I Get it?
The easiest place to buy the SimpliSafe systems in on Amazon. Click below to check them out now.
- No contract to sign
- Cheap, optional monthly monitoring
- Extremely simple set-up (no drilling!)
- Cell connectivity
- Battery backup so burglars can’t cut wires and disable it
- Doesn’t require an internet connection to work
- Not compatible with a security camera + doesn’t include one in the package
- Sticky-tape often doesn’t stick well when mounting sensors
- Only a very simple mobile app
- Old-school monitoring dashboard
SimpliSafe Easy Installation Guide
SimpliSafe Home Security System Review: Conclusion
If you’re looking for a very user-friendly, simple home security system then this one from SimpliSafe makes a great choice. You can easy customize the system according to your needs by picking from one of their packages, or mixing and matches the individual components.
Installation is super easy and it truly is DIY. No drills, no patching drywall, no trips to Home Depot. You basically just have to use the sticky tape to mount everything on the wall. Then, it takes a few minutes to get the software up and running.
After that, you’ll be able to monitor what’s going on around your home. This is far, far easier than some of the other companies that require some serious mental energy to get their home security systems going.
Reasonably Priced Monitoring
Another thing we love about SimpliSafe home security system is the affordable monitoring. For around $15 per month, they’ll contact you when a sensor is triggered. If you don’t say a safe word, then local police will be dispatched. This is of course optional.
Or, Monitor The System Yourself
You can also monitor the system yourself and contact police if necessary. Some people don’t like paying a monthly fee, so this is a good option for them.
One Major Negative For Simplisafe
A big negative to this system is the lack of surveillance camera. We found this quite strange since it’s a component most people will want. Moreover, the system is not compatible with any security camera on the market today, so you’d need to have any cameras you add be setup as a separate system.
Come on SimpliSafe!
How hard would it be to choose one or two popular surveillance cameras and make the software compatible? We don’t think it’s impossible, and we wonder why they haven’t done it yet. It seems to be a serious oversight.
Overall, A Nice Home Security Choice
Anyway, despite the lack of security camera option, we still love SimpliSafe. It’s a very basic set-up that does what it says it will do. Namely, monitor your home for potential break-ins, fires, water damage, carbon monoxide, etc.
It’s extremely affordable, customer service is great and there are no contracts. We love that here at Spy Cameras Reviewed and this SimpliSafe home security system gets our solid recommendation!
Where Can I Get It?
You can get this affordable home security on Amazon today. Click the button below to see the current price and all the different sets available.
SimpliSafe Home Security System: Your Thoughts!
Do you have any experience with SimpliSafe home security? It is a top-quality system, or do you recommend another one? Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts. Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself who are concerned with home security find this useful resource.
- A Guide To Protecting the Elderly Online - September 14, 2021
- Imou Security Camera Review: For Complete Peace of Mind - August 5, 2021
- Guide To Anonymous Browsing - July 15, 2021
Last update on 2021-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API