There are so many reasons to add an indoor camera to your home or business.
If you have a property that sits unused overnight, or a holiday home, or even just your own home when you are away at work, a camera will give you the peace of mind of knowing if anything is happening while you are not there.
These days it is getting much easier to do this on your own without hiring a security firm or having a long term contract. But with cameras becoming more and more accessible it means that there are now a lot of choices on the market. It can be quite a chore to choose one.
We want to make this easier for you by giving you all the info you need for one of the most popular, and most recommended, cameras.
If you are looking for a durable DIY camera option, this review of the Trivision Security Camera will help you decide if this is the right model for you. Here is the info you need to see if it is the right fit for you.
Trivision Camera Review
This is a self-contained security camera with a crystal clear resolution of 1080P. It is an indoor camera with all sorts of useful features such as night vision and a very sensitive motion detector.
The Secure WiFi program links easily to your phone, tablet, or computer. It allows instant email and text alerts and connects up via ethernet or WiFi.
Does it sound like the right security camera for your needs? You can easily find it on Amazon. Click the button below to check for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership.
Key Features Of The Trivision Security Camera
- Remote Control
- Quality Video
- Wifi & Storage
- Tech Support
- Instant alerts to your smartphone or tablet. Including instant live viewing and playback.
- 1080P HD recording quality
- Free subscription to secure cloud storage
- Fast response time
This camera is rated for interior installations. The metal wall mount is sturdy and easy to install. The camera and all accessories can withstand temperatures of up to 140°F and cold conditions of -5°F and continue to operate.
This system has a 6mm focal lens. This allows a distance of up to 90 ft without lowering the video quality and also allows 60 degrees horizontal and 40 degrees vertical view. The sizeable 2.8 inch sensor allows maximum light through the lens. This means that even in low light conditions, you can still have peace of mind and high-quality images.
The system can be set up with a hard-wired Ethernet or WiFi. The POE (Power-over-Ethernet) is 44V~54V. This allows the unit to transmit data and power over an ethernet cable of up to 300 feet. This optimizes the locations you can place your camera and makes it easy to set the unit in any area, even those not near a power outlet.
The camera can hold an SD card of up to 128 gigabytes if you prefer onboard memory. However, the system comes with an unlimited cloud storage facility with no subscription or monthly fees. It links up to Dropbox, Google drive, FTP or email and several other storage clouds. It is compatible with Blue Iris for offsite storage.
What We Liked About Trivision Cameras
- High-resolution video capture even in low light conditions.
- It allows easy access via phone or computer, including real-time view and playback from any location.
- Friendly support with fast response despite the company being in China.
- The mounting arm is heavy duty and able to sustain a lot of force. It has several mounting options to allow for a variety of angles of view.
- Reasonably priced when compared to something like Lorex Cameras.
What We Didn’t Like About The Trivision Camera
- Set up requires some technical knowledge and needs firmware updates immediately to operate. It requires emailing support to get those updates.
- The software it comes with is limited. However, a third party software like Blue Iris compatible and gives more control.
- Some issues with maintaining a connection between the camera and modem
Trivision IP Camera: Customer Reviews
“Nice, affordable camera that works equally well in bright light, or with no light at all. Easy installation and the app is fantastic and quite user friendly. Love the audio feature (which many other cameras don’t have) so you can hear your babysitter talking about drugs to her boyfriend, or see what the contractor is saying about you when you’re not there. Knowledge is power, right?”
“Love this camera that doesn’t require any monthly fees. That stuff can add up really quickly and turn a “cheap” camera into something ridiculously expensive. Lots of storage options with this one. Lots of viewing options, including over a PC or MAC. All in all, probably one of the top products that I’ve bought on Amazon in years.”
“I’ve used a ton of different cameras over the years, and hands down, this one is the best. I liked it so much that I bought 6 and have replaced all those other “brand name” ones. They’re super easy to set up and require very little maintenance or trouble-shooting. It really is a hands off system, so check this one out if that sounds like what you need.”
What To Expect With Trivision Surveillance Cameras
You can expect a high quality well constructed indoor camera. The camera delivers HD images and secure storage and access. You can access the feed on your smartphone or computer in real time, giving you peace of mind no matter where you are in the world. It is fully able to withstand high and low temperatures.
Who Is It For?
This camera is for any indoor installation. It is excellent for anyone who needs to monitor a property remotely. If you have a vacation house or an unoccupied property, this is a good option for you. It is durable and heavy duty requiring very little maintenance. It can accommodate a large capacity SD card and connect up to unlimited cloud storage. You’ll also find that it works well for any location.
How To Install Trivision Security Cameras
The camera is relatively easy to set up. Here are the basic steps:
- Connect your camera to the power supply and to the router/switch.
- Load Camera Live and go to set up. Then upgrade the firmware from the manufacturer.
- Select Network and set up the WiFi network
- Once this is done, unplug all parts
- Place the camera using the supplied mounts in the location you choose.
- Start camera Live and adjust the settings as needed. An ideal setting is 10FPS.
- You can then connect the camera to the software supplied; however, it is recommended to install Blue Iris. This will give you more functions.
Is There An Alternative?
Amcrest produces a 4MP IP Camera that has similar capabilities. The unit is about the same size as the Trivision camera, but it looks different, with a dome camera shape. It is a 4MP high definition camera that is also compatible with Blue Iris and has WiFi and cloud storage capabilities.
Learn more about it here:
Amcrest 4MP UltraHD Indoor WiFi Camera, Security IP Camera with Pan/Tilt, Two-Way Audio, Night...
- 4MP DUAL-BAND H. 265 – 5ghz/2. 4ghz Dualband WiFi IP camera features immaculate 4MP (2688x1520P at...
- SMARTER SECURITY – Receive motion alert notifications, review footage and engage in two-way...
- LOW LIGHT NIGHTVISION – Features an Omnivision OV4689 1/3” 4MP progressive low-light image...
- SECURE CLOUD VIDEO BACKUP – The optional Amcrest Cloud remote video storage subscription service...
- SIMPLE. RELIABLE. SECURE. - This Amcrest Dualband wireless security camera features a secure...
Trivision Surveillance Camera Review: Conclusion
If you are looking for a high-quality interior camera, this is an excellent choice. It has a lot of capabilities for long distance monitoring and easy access via phone or computer.
That said, it is not the cheapest option, but it has a durability factor that is much higher than other similar brands. I hope this Trivision Security Camera review helps you decide!
Where Can I Buy It?
Does this affordable security solution sound like the right choice for your needs? Click the button below to learn more about it on Amazon.
Trivision Camera: Your Thoughts
What are your thoughts about Trivision security systems? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people concerned about security, like yourself find this useful resource.
- A Guide To Protecting the Elderly Online - September 14, 2021
- Imou Security Camera Review: For Complete Peace of Mind - August 5, 2021
- Guide To Anonymous Browsing - July 15, 2021
Last update on 2023-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API