There are so many reasons to add an outdoor camera to your home or business. The benefits are many. If you have a property that unused overnight, or a holiday home or even on your own home when you are away at work, this is a tool that will give you peace of mind to know what is happening while you are not there.
These days it is getting much easier to do this on your own without hiring a security firm or having a long term contract. But with cameras becoming more and more accessible it means that there are now a lot of choices on the market today that it can be quite a chore to choose one. We want to make this easier for you by giving you all the info all in one place of one of the most recommended cameras.
If you are looking for a durable DIY camera option, the Trivision Security Camera Review can be your guide. Here is the info you need to see if this is the right fit for you.
- No Subscription, No extra cost and Monthly Fee for viewing live and record videos anytime of the day...
- Email, mobile notification for instant push notification on your mobile and simultaneously capture...
- Quick Setup and Intuitive Operation for up and running in a matter of minutes on any iPhone, iPad,...
- The built-in sensitive microphone and motion sensor lets you hear and view what's going on around...
- Ultra-Wide view angle lens and large 2.8 inch SONY CMOS sensor allows maximum light through the lens...
What the Trivision Camera is All About
This is a self-contained security camera with a crystal clear resolution of 1080P. It is an outdoor camera with all sorts of useful features such as night vision and a very sensitive motion detector.
The Secure WiFi program links easily to your phone, tablet, or computer. It allows instant email and text alerts and connects up via ethernet or WiFi.
Does it sound like the right security camera for your needs? You can easily find it on Amazon. Click the button below to check for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Key Features of the Trivision Security Camera
- Remote Control
- Quality Video
- Wifi & Storage
- Tech Support
- Instant alerts to your smartphone or tablet. Including instant live viewing and playback.
- 1080P HD recording quality
- Free subscription to secure cloud storage
- Fast response time
This camera is rated for interior and exterior installations. The camera has a dust and waterproof Ip66-rated aluminum housing. The metal wall mount is designed to withstand severe weather conditions, including temperatures of up to 140°F and cold conditions of -15°F and continue to operate.
This system has a 6mm focal lens. This allows a distance of up to 90ft without lowering the video quality and also allows 60 degrees horizontal and 40 degrees vertical view. The sizeable 2.8inch sensor allows maximum light through the lens. This means that even in low light conditions, you can still have peace of mind and high-quality images.
The system can be set up with a hard-wired Ethernet or WiFi. The POE (Power-over-Ethernet) is 44V~54V. This allows the unit to transmit data and power over an ethernet cable of up to 300 feet. This optimizes the locations you can place your camera and makes it easy to set the unit in any area, even those not near a power outlet.
The camera can hold an SD card of up to 128 gigabytes if you prefer onboard memory. However, the system comes with an unlimited cloud storage facility with no subscription or monthly fees. It links up to Dropbox, Google drive, FTP or email and several other storage clouds. It is compatible with Blue Iris for offsite storage.
What We Liked about Trivision Cameras
- High-resolution video capture even in low light conditions.
- It is fully weatherproof and resistant to low and high temperatures. All access points and openings have rubber seals. It has a buffered steel canopy over the top for further protection.
- It allows easy access via phone or computer, including real-time view and playback from any location.
- Friendly support with fast response despite the company being in China.
- The mounting arm is heavy duty and able to sustain a lot of force. It has several mounting options to allow for a variety of angles of view.
- Reasonably priced when compared to something like Lorex Cameras.
What We Didn’t Like the Trivision Camera
- Set up requires some technical knowledge and needs firmware updates immediately to operate. It requires emailing support to get those updates.
- The software it comes with is limited. However, a third party software like Blue Iris compatible and gives more control.
- Some issues with maintaining a connection between the camera and modem
What do People Think about the Trivision IP Camera?
“Nice, affordable camera that works equally well in bright light, or with no light at all. Easy installation and the app is fantastic and quite user friendly. Love the audio feature (which many other cameras don’t have) so you can hear your babysitter talking about drugs to her boyfriend, or see what the contractor is saying about you when you’re not there. Knowledge is power, right?”
“Love this camera that doesn’t require any monthly fees. That stuff can add up really quickly and turn a “cheap” camera into something ridiculously expensive. Lots of storage options with this one. Lots of viewing options, including over a PC or MAC. All in all, probably one of the top products that I’ve bought on Amazon in years.”
“I’ve used a ton of different cameras over the years, and hands down, this one is the best. I liked it so much that I bought 6 and have replaced all those other “brand name” ones. They’re super easy to set up and require very little maintenance or trouble-shooting. It really is a hands off system, so check this one out if that sounds like what you need.”
What to Expect with Trivision Surveillance Cameras
You can expect a high quality well constructed outdoor camera. The camera delivers HD images and secure storage and access. You can access the feed on your smartphone or computer in real time, giving you peace of mind no matter where you are in the world. It is fully weatherproof and able to withstand high and low temperatures.
Who Is It For?
This camera is for any outdoor or indoor installation. It is excellent for anyone who needs to monitor a property remotely. If you have a vacation house or an unoccupied property, this is a good option for you. It is durable and heavy duty requiring very little maintenance. It can accommodate a large capacity SD card and connect up to unlimited cloud storage. You’ll also find that it works well for any location.
How to Install Trivision Security Cameras
The camera is relatively easy to set up. Here are the basic steps:
- Connect your camera to the power supply and to the router/switch.
- Load Camera Live and go to set up. Then upgrade the firmware from the manufacturer.
- Select Network and set up the WiFi network
- Once this is done, unplug all parts
- Place the camera using the supplied mounts in the location you choose.
- Start camera Live and adjust the settings as needed. An ideal setting is 10FPS.
- You can then connect the camera to the software supplied; however, it is recommended to install Blue Iris. This will give you more functions.
Is There an Alternative?
Amcrest produces a 4MP IP Camera that has similar capabilities. The unit is smaller than the Trivision camera that comes in a heavy-duty housing in a matte black color. It is a 4MP high definition camera that is also waterproof and weatherproof. The camera is also compatible with Blue Iris and has WiFi and cloud storage capabilities.
Learn more about it here:
- 4MP ULTRA-HD - Magnificent 4-Megapixel / 2688 x 1536p @ 30fps video with enhanced low light...
- SMARTER SECURITY - Receive motion alert notifications and review footage via your smartphone with...
- DAY OR NIGHT, RAIN OR SHINE - Built to whether any storm and the darkest of nights, this wireless...
- SECURE CLOUD VIDEO BACKUP - The optional Amcrest Cloud remote video storage subscription service...
- SIMPLE, RELIABLE, SECURE - This Amcrest 2.4ghz WiFi outdoor camera features a secure SSL/HTTPS...
Compare Home Security Cameras
Besides this one from Trivision, there are hundreds of choices on the market today for outdoor security cameras. Check out this chart below to see some of our top picks:
The Takeaway on Trivision Security Camera
If you are looking for a high-quality exterior camera, this is an excellent choice. It has a lot of capabilities for long distance monitoring and easy access via phone or computer. It has all the facilities you want in an exterior camera, including resistance to harsh weather conditions and low light conditions.
That said, it is not the cheapest option, but it has a durability factor that is much higher than other similar brands. Hope this Trivision Security Camera Review helps you decide!
Where Can I Buy It?
Does this affordable security solution sound like the right choice for your needs? Click the button below to learn more about it on Amazon:
Have your Say about this Trivision Camera Review
What are your thoughts about Trivision security systems? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people concerned about security, like yourself find this useful resource.
Latest posts by Damon Kennedy (see all)
- Q-See Camera Review: The Right Home or Business Security Solution? - August 6, 2019
- The Best Hidden Office Camera for Covert Monitoring - August 1, 2019
- How to Hide Security Cameras, Indoors and Outdoors - July 24, 2019
Last update on 2019-08-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API