The DJI Inspire 2 is a top of the line drone with camera that’s suitable for professional use. It has all the bells and whistles you’d expect, and then some. Read our buying guide, packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
DJI Inspire 2 Drone
- Efficient workflow
- Sense and avoid
- Spotlight Pro; Compatible with 5.2K Gimbal Cameras
- Intelligent flight modes. Obstacle Sensing Range : 0-16.4 feet (0-5 m)
- Smart return to home.Operating Temperature:-4° to 104° F (-20° to 40° C)
DJI Inspire 2 Drone Review
If you’re looking for a quadcopter that is a step above the rest, then look no further than the DJI Inspire 2. It’s a top-of-the-line drone capable of taking footage that belongs in movies. It really is that good.
A Ton Of Features
The best news is that there are a ton of features you’re going to love, including a flight time of over 20 minutes, top speed of 94 km per hour, and an unmatched descent speed of 9 m/s.
- Various intelligent flight modes, including return to home
- Self-heating technology allows flight in low temperatures
- Sensors to monitor flight and look for obstacles 30 m ahead
- Supports CinemaDNG and ProRes Recording
- Recording quality depends on the package chosen (Standard, Professional, Premium, Cinema Premium)
- Dual battery design for longer flight time, and redundancy, as well as charger
- Compatible with 5.2K Gimbal Cameras, with full 360 degrees
- Advanced obstacle sensing for easy handling
- Includes DJI Cendence remote control
- 4 propeller pairs, made from carbon fibers for extra durability and strength
- Includes carrying case
DJI Inspire 2 Specs
- Flight time of 23-27 minutes
- Capable of speeds up to 94 km/h
- Maximum descent speed of 9 m/s
- Video resolution of 6K/5.2K
- Control range of 7 km
- Live view 1080P
- Camera specs depend on the package chosen, up to professional level.
Top End DJI Inspire 2 Packages: Quite Expensive
It offers professional level performance and picture quality. The only real downside is that it comes with a professional level price of up to $20,000 USD. However, there are cheaper options at the bottom end.
Almost Impossible To Crash!
For an expensive piece of equipment, there are all the safety features you’d expect including a double battery, return to home option, and 30 m obstacle sensor. If you’re looking for a quadcopter that is almost impossible to crash, this one from DJI is it!
Single Person Flying Capability
The intelligent flying mode makes it possible to fly the DJI Inspire 2 with a single person, although many prefer two—one to fly, and one to operate the camera. You can use two separate, independent remotes to do this.
Keep on reading for our full review of the DJI Inpsire 2, including specs and features, as well as the pros and cons of this new quadcopter.
Where Can I Find The DJI Inspire 2?
The DJI Inspire 2 Done is not easy to find in stores, which is why we recommend shopping online. You can check it out on Amazon by clicking the button below.
Learn More About The DJI Inspire 2
- Market leading safety functions to keep your expensive toy safe!
- Easy functionality via app
- The best optics in the business
- The camera can be upgraded later, to protect your investment as technology improves
- Massive amount of features
- Excellent battery life
- Very agile to get the shots you want
- One of the most expensive quadcopters you can buy.
- It forces you to make required updates before you can fly it
- Not compatible with earlier Zenmuse cameras
“What a huge upgrade from the Inspire 1. I especially love the double battery for longer flight time, and a back-up to prevent crashing. It’s super easy to get up and running—mostly just plug and play.”
“It’s big and takes up a lot of room, but works very well and takes some amazing footage. Customer service from this company is second to none and they were able to help me quickly some a small technical problem that I had.”
“One thing to be aware of is that the Inspire 2 will ground itself if there’s an available software update. Be sure to check on this before you leave home to avoid disappointment. Besides that, the flight automation is great, and it’s easy enough for use person to fly on their own.”
DJI Inspire 2 Drone Video Review
Do you want to find our more about this top-end drone with camera? Then check out this Inspire 2 review video.
How Does It Compare To Other Drones With Cameras?
Besides the DJI Inspire series, there are a ton of drones with cameras that you may want to consider. Most of them are cheaper, and some of them can even be found for under a hundred bucks. If you’re just starting out, this would certainly be an option to consider.
Check them out here: Top Drones with Cameras.
How To Fly The DJI Inspire 2
How Does The Inspire 2 Compare To The Inspire 1?
At first glance, the Inspire 2 looks very similar to the Inspire 1. However, there are a few major differences to be aware of:
- The Inspire 2 is better at avoiding obstacles (forward facing FPV Camera, along with upward infrared sensors for flying inside), making it slightly easier to fly.
- Two batteries instead of one for longer flight time
- New camera options
- Inspire 1 has a white plastic housing, while the 2 has a nicer looking magnesium aluminum composite shell
Why Are 2 Batteries Better Than 1?
The biggest change from the DJI Inspire 1 to the Inspire 2 is the dual battery. Not only does this protect against battery malfunction, but it also provides more power for a range of functions, including cameras, stabilizers and sensors.
In part, the extra battery is what makes the DJI 2 the safest thing you can put into the sky. It’s nearly impossible to lose, or crash it! Some reviewers have called it a “flying tank!”
It also extends the flight time, to a maximum of 27 minutes.
As far as how long the batteries take to charge when fully depleted, you can expect it to take around an hour. The Inspire 2 comes with a new battery dock that lets you intelligently charge up to 4 batteries at once.
DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter Review: Conclusion
If you’re looking for a top of the line drone with a camera capable of taking cinema quality footage, look no further than the DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter. Although not cheap, it has a ton of features that you’ll love.
Like A Tank In The Sky
Perhaps the best thing about the Inspire 2 is that it’s basically a tank flying in the sky. It’s almost impossible to lose it or crash into something, because of all the redundancies, sensors, and warnings it has. Seriously, even if you were to try and crash it, you probably couldn’t.
25 Minutes Of Flying Time
Besides that, we love the double battery system that allows more than 25 minutes of flying time. Plus, the extra power allows you to pair the Inspire 2 with some amazing cameras for the ultimate in photo and video quality.
Only Real Negative? The Price
There really isn’t anything not to love about the Inspire 2 apart from the price. However, there are a variety of packages available in a wide range of prices so you’re sure to find something that’ll work for you.
The only real difference among the packages is the quality of the camera. You’ll still get the same amazing quadcopter with a ton of features.
Are There Other Options To Consider?
Looking for a cheaper drone with camera? There are certainly a lot of these options available. Check out the Akasko RC Quadcopter with Camera.
Where To Buy The DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter
Check out the DJI Inspire 2 Drone with Camera on Amazon. Click the button below to learn more and see the current price.
DJI Inspire 2 Footage
Do you want to see what the DJI Inspire 2 is capable of? Check out this short video.
DJI Inspire 2 Drone: Your Thoughts
What are your thoughts about the DJ Inspire 2 Quadcopter. Worth the high price-tag, or are you considering a cheaper drone with camera? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other flying enthusiasts find this useful resource guide.
- Best Camera Drone Under $300 (Complete Buying Guide) - June 12, 2021
- 16 Drone Maintenance Tips (Avoid An Early Drone Death!) - April 9, 2021
- Jamming A Drone Signal: Is It Legal And How To Do It - March 19, 2021
Last update on 2022-06-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API