DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter Introduction
If you’re looking for a quadcopter that is a step above the rest, then you’ll need to look no further than the DJI Inspire 2. It’s a top-of-the-line drone capable of taking footage that belongs in movies. It really is that good.
It offers professional level performance and picture quality. The only real downside is that it comes with a professional level price of up to $20,000 USD. However, there are cheaper options at the bottom end.
The best news is that there are a ton of features you’re going to love, including a flight time of over 20 minutes, top speed of 94 km per hour, and an unmatched descent speed of 9 m/s.
For an expensive piece of equipment, there are all the safety features you’d expect including a double battery, return to home option, and 30 m obstacle sensor. If you’re looking for a quadcopter that is almost impossible to crash, this one from DJI is it!
The intelligent flying mode makes it possible to fly the DJI Inspire 2 with a single person, although many prefer two—one to fly, and one to operate the camera. You can use two separate, independent remotes to do this.
Keep on reading for our full review of the DJI Inpsire 2, including specs and features, as well as the pros and cons of this new quadcopter.
The DJI Inspire 2 Done is not easy to find in stores, which is why we recommend shopping online. You can check it out for yourself over on Amazon:
Learn More about the DJI Inspire 2
Features of the DJI Inspire 2
- Various intelligent flight modes, including return to home
- Self-heating technology allows flight in low temperatures
- Sensors to monitor flight and look for obstacles 30m ahead
- Supports CinemaDNG and ProRes Recording
- Recording quality depends on the package chosen (Standard, Professional, Premium, Cinema Premium)
- Dual battery design for longer flight time, and redundancy, as well as charger
- Compatible with 5.2K Gimbal Cameras, with full 360 degrees
- Advanced obstacle sensing for easy handling
- Includes DJI Cendence remote control
- 4 propeller pairs, made from carbon fibres for extra durability and strength
- Includes carrying case
Keep on reading for some of the technical specs of the DJI Inspire 2.
DJI Inspire 2 Specs
- Flight time of 23-27 minutes
- Capable of speeds up to 94 km/h
- Maximum descent speed of 9 m/s
- Video resolution of 6K/5.2K
- Control range of 7 KM
- Live view 1080P
- Camera specs depend on the package chosen, up to professional level.
DJI Inspire 2 Drone Review
Buy the DJI Inspire 2
The best place to find top-quality drones and quadcopters is on Amazon. You can check out the DJI Inspire 2 for yourself there:
DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter Pros:
- Market leading safety functions to keep your expensive toy safe!
- Easy functionality via app
- The best optics in the business
- The camera can be upgraded later, to protect your investment as technology improves
- Massive amount of features
- Excellent battery life
- Very agile to get the shots you want
What People are Saying about the DJI Inspire 2 Drone
“What a huge upgrade from the Inspire 1. I especially love the double battery for longer flight time, and a back-up to prevent crashing. It’s super easy to get up and running—mostly just plug and play.”
“It’s big and takes up a lot of room, but works very well and takes some amazing footage. Customer service from this company is second to none and they were able to help me quickly some a small technical problem that I had.”
“One thing to be aware of is that the Inspire 2 will ground itself if there’s an available software update. Be sure to check on this before you leave home to avoid disappointment. Besides that, the flight automation is great, and it’s easy enough for use person to fly on their own.”
DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter Cons:
- One of the most expensive quadcopters you can buy.
- It forces you to make required updates before you can fly it
- Not compatible with earlier Zenmuse cameras
Compare DJI Drones with Cameras
How to Fly the DJI Inspire 2
How Does the Inspire 2 Compare to the Inspire 1?
At first glance, the Inspire 2 looks very similar to the Inspire 1. However, there are a few major differences to be aware of:
- The Inspire 2 is better at avoiding obstacles (forward facing FPV Camera, along with upward infrared sensors for flying inside)
- Two batteries instead of one for longer flight time
- New camera options
- Inspire 1 has a white plastic housing, while the 2 has a nicer looking magnesium aluminum composite shell
Why are 2 Batteries Better than 1?
The biggest change from the DJI Inspire 1 to the Inspire 2 is the dual battery. Not only does this protect against battery malfunction, but it also provides more power for a range of functions, including cameras, stabilizers and sensors.
In part, the extra battery is what makes the DJI 2 the safest thing you can put into the sky. It’s nearly impossible to lose, or crash it! Some reviewers have called it a “flying tank!”
It also extends the flight time, to a maximum of 27 minutes.
As far as how long the batteries take to charge when fully depleted, you can expect it to take around an hour. The Inspire 2 comes with a new battery dock that lets you intelligently charge up to 4 batteries at once.
Take Takeaway on the DJI Inspire 2 Drone
If you’re looking for a top of the line drone with a camera capable of taking cinema quality footage, look no further than the DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter. Although not cheap, it has a ton of features that you’ll love.
Perhaps the best thing about the Inspire 2 is that it’s basically a tank flying in the sky. It’s almost impossible to lose it, or crash into something because of all the redundancies, sensors and warnings it has. Seriously, even if you were to try and crash it you probably couldn’t.
Besides that, we LOVE the double battery system that allows more than 25 minutes of flying time. Plus, the extra power allows you pair the Inspire 2 with some great cameras that have a ton of features.
There really isn’t anything not to love about the Inspire 2 apart from the price. However, there are a variety of packages available in a wide range of prices so you’re sure to find something that’ll work for you.
The only real difference among the packages is the quality of the camera. You’ll still get the same amazing quadcopter filled with a ton of features.
Looking for a cheaper drone with camera? Check out our Top 5 Quadcopters.
Where to Buy the DJI Inspire 2 Quadcopter
Check out the DJI Inspire 2 Drone with Camera over on Amazon:
DJI Inspire 2 Footage
DJI Inspire 2 Drone With Camera: Have your Say!
What are your thoughts about the DJ Inspire 2 Quadcopter. Worth the high price-tag, or are you considering a cheaper drone with camera?
Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us.