Night vision goggles are just cool.
Not only that, they are also useful in a wide range of situations. Adults might use them when hunting, or on a covert mission.
Kids will use them for anything and everything and would love to get them as a stocking stuffer at Christmas.
Naturally, the night vision goggles for kids are very inexpensive and do not deliver true night vision. But they’re tons of fun and really cool.
The adult models feature actual night vision and can be used for a number of professional applications like hunting or detective work, but also for fun like paintball.
The problem is the large number of low-quality models on the market, which is why we wrote this article. We went through all the options, to narrow them down to only the best. The two sets of goggles for kids and three for adults featured below all deliver. And they do so at a good price.
Let’s take a look.
Best Night Vision Goggles Compared
Best For Kids
Best Value Kids
Top Night Vision Goggles For Kids Or Adults
The first two models below are for children and the final three are for adults, with the fifth being a high grade military-level unit, with a price to match.
We have also included a sixth selection as a bonus. It is actually a pair of night vision binoculars, but felt it warranted inclusion on this list, for reasons given below in the review.
Spy Gear Batman Night Goggles
Spy Gear - Batman Night Goggles
- Now you can explore the dark streets of Gotham City as Batman using Spy Gear Night Goggles!
- Use the dual mounted LED lights for night vision to see in the dark. Everywhere you turn you can...
- Become a true detective! Get a closer look a clues with the 2X retractable magnifying lens.
- Spy Gear Batman Night Goggles are for ages 3+ and require 3 AAA batteries for operation. Batteries...
- Includes: 1 Spy Gear Batman Night Goggles, 1 Instruction Guide
If you’re looking for the best goggle for kids, look no further than the Batman goggles from Spy Gear. They make an excellent choice for that next Christmas, birthday or graduation present for the aspiring spy in your life.
What do we love best about them? They’re affordable. But they are not real night vision goggles. They are meant as toys for kids and as such, they are great. Kids love them and they get some of the best user ratings in the category.
It’s super easy to get them up and running, right out of the box. Plus, your kids will love the Batman style.
Features Of The Spy Gear Batman Glasses
Here are a few of the things you’ll love:
- Adjustable for different head sizes, and a comfortable fit
- Batman mask fits over lenses
- Dual mounted LED lights provide night vision
- Includes an attached, retractable 2X magnifying glass
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included), with a long battery life
- Ages 3 and up
- Top-quality spy goggles for kids that actually work quite well!
“My 5-year old son loves these spy goggles. My only complaint is that the battery pack in the back is a bit heavy, so if your child has a small head, they may slide around a little bit. Still, he never wants to take them off at night!”
“I bought these for my grandsons and they’re had HOURS of fun with them. They are actually the most popular Christmas present at our house this year. Please note, these are a toy for kids, and not suitable for an adult who wants to use them for hunting or something like that.”
“These children’s night vision goggles work surprisingly well, especially when you consider the price of them. So far, they’ve lasted for a year, which is amazing considering how my two kids have treated them.”
Where To Buy
They can be very difficult to find in stores, which is why we recommend shopping on Amazon. You can check them out for yourself here.
SpyX Night Mission Goggles And Spy Gear
Spyx Goggles and Gear
- Own both SpyX top selling sets Micro Gear Set + Night Mission Goggles at once!
- Micro Gear Set: Micro Ear Light, Invisible Ink Pen, Micro Motion Alarm, Micro Listener, and an...
- Night Mission Goggles: Well-Made high-tech night vision goggle with twin LED light beams allows you...
- 2015 Award Winner from Creative Child Magazine for Product of the Year + 2016 TILLYWIG Top Fun...
- Prepare Yourself For The Next Mission: Collect all SpyX toys for the ultimate spy play experience.
This SpyX pack includes a bunch of other spy gear, in addition to the night vision glasses. It should be note that these are not real night vision. None of the toy glasses are, because that technology is too expensive. But as a toy for kids, it’s a lot of fun.
The Batman goggles are better than these overall, but the other gadgets you get along with the glasses for the same price make this set a better value. If you only want the glasses, get the Batman one. If you want all the other gear, get this set.
- Allows you to see in the dark, but not true night vision. They are tinted goggles and red LED’s
- Up to a 25 foot range
- 2015 Award Winner from Creative Child Magazine for Product of the Year
- 2016 TILLYWIG Top Fun Award!
- Recommended for kids ages 6 and up
- Adjustable head strap
- Kit also includes: Micro Ear Light, Invisible Ink Pen, Micro Motion Alarm, Micro Listener, and an adjustable utility belt
“I bought the SpyX Kids Night Vision glasses for my 7-year old son and he loves them. You can often find him running around the house, spying on us!”
“We bought two pairs for our kids, and is turns out, the quality is kind of low. That said, our kids love them and it’s the toy they still play with months later (after Christmas). That says a lot right there!”
“They’re a great purchase for younger kids who want to have a fun play toy for dress-up.”
Where To Buy SpyX Kids Goggles
Help your kid create lasting memories with these things. You can find them online at Amazon.
Sightmark SM15070 Ghost Hunter Night Vision Goggle Kit
Sightmark Ghost Hunter 1x24 Night Vision Goggle Binoculars Kit
- Hand held and head mountable operation. Integrated IR illuminator. Automatic shutoff when exposed to...
- Field of view: 30 degrees, Field of view: 54 meter @100 meter
- Ergonomic design and quick power up. Resolution: 30 lines per mm
- Lightweight, durable composite construction. Detection Range, Max for an Object Measuring 1.7x0.5 m...
- 70 hour operating time w/o IR activated. Battery Life with IR is 20 hours
The Sightmark SM15070 Ghost Hunter is our pick for the best value among true night vision goggles for adults. It obviously can not compete with a professional set, like the last one on this list, but what you get for the price is great. They just don’t have the same range and clarity as that pair, plus they are Gen 1.
The Ghost Hunter has a number of not so great reviews on Amazon, but after reading through a bunch of them, it seems a lot of people simply did not know how to focus them. It can be a bit tricky. Apart from that, these goggles give you the most bang for your buck, without a doubt.
“I just purchased this few days back and I love them work real clear in the pitch black dark the lens caps for them make it so you can focus on your weapon when it’s close to you and when you take them off you can see more because it’s gathering more light I was skeptical about it And I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and it looks blurry but when you put it up to your own eyes it’s very clear for A gen 1 works real good with pistols when you’re trying to focus on irons sites but you got to leave the caps on and remember don’t be expecting Gen 2 or 3 quality. I had to modify it to put it on my Rhino mount but it works just fine and yes its a real Kevlar helmet”
“It’s just ok, but it is a gen one product. You have to focus each eye separately which is irritating. This is really a short range device and nothing like in the advertisements and not nearly as clear. If you want to just look around your back yard for fun then it’s fine. If you want to hunt, walk, or see longer distance like 25 yards or more, get something else. If you have money get gen 3. I’m saving up for that and get something decent. The thermal imaging devices are even better.”
- Can be hand-held or head-mounted with included head strap
- Light weight and compact
- Auto shut-off when exposed to bright light
- 70 hour operating time w/o IR; 20 hours when IR is activated
- Can detect an object measuring 5.6 x 1.6 feet (1.7 x 0.5 meters) from 262 feet (80 meters) away in natural night conditions
- Close Focus Distance of 0.9 feet (0.3 meters)
Where To Buy
These high quality amateur night vision goggles are available on Amazon. Click below for more info and to see the current price.
X-Vision Pro Rechargeable Digital Night Vision Goggles
X-Vision Pro Rechargeable Digital Hands Free Night Vision Goggles, see 300 yards at night
- Minimum Zoom: 1x Maximum Zoom: 2x
- Field of View @ 100 yards: 17.5 yd.
- Battery: 1 (built-in) Lithium, rechargeable
- Battery Life: 8 hours for day use, 5 hours
- This product has a wide screen to fit both eyes; may or may not work over glasses depending upon...
The X-Vision goggles cost quite a bit less than the previous pair, making them our favorite choice for anyone on a budget. They perform well, but do lag behind the previous model on this list in every aspect. The don’t see as far, or as clearly, and the battery runs out more quickly.
Features Of The X-Vision Goggles
- Zoom range from 1x to 2x
- Has a field of view of 17.5 yards at a distance of 100 yards
- Built-in rechargeable battery that last for 8 hours during daytime and 5 hours of nighttime use
- Can see up to 300 yards at night (this is the advertised distance; the actual distance is under 50 yards)
- Includes a head mount and neck strap
“Very cool product and a game changer to use at night. If you’ve ever used night vision you know it takes a few minutes to feel comfortable moving in the dark. However that has more to do with our eyes depth perception than these awesome googles.
I’ve used the Military Night vision for years and find these to be awesome. Light weight and easy to use. Try them out in your house first and get used to night vision. Then tackle the outdoors at night like a barn owl!”
“I love my hands free x-vision pro! I use it hunting scanning the field before walking in. You can see up to 300 yards. Since they are hands free I also use them walking in/out of the woods. No real need for a flashlight now. It does have up to a 2x digital zoom as well. Plus you can take pictures with these!”
“I like the wide screen and IR features but the glare from the screen make it impossible to wear close to eyes or hands free, you cannot focus with it so close. The only way it works well is in your hand about six inches from your eyes, making STEALTH useless. Fail as hands free but useful for limited viewing. More of a novelty than useful in the field, it needs to filter the screen light DOWN.”
Where To Buy Them
These goggles are available on Amazon. Head over there now to get more info and to check the current price.
Armasight PVS-7 3P Gen 3 High-Performance Night Vision Goggles
PVS-7 3P - Night Vision Goggle Gen 3 High-Performance Thin-Filmed Auto-Gated IIT
- Compact rugged design with waterproof body
- Head or helmet mountable for hands free usage
- Ergonomic simple and easy to operate controls
- Built in infrared illuminator and flood lens
- Export of this product outside of the United States of America is not allowed and is controlled by...
This is the only serious pair of night vision goggles on this list and the price reflects that. In fact, the Armasight PVS-7 is a night vision goggle system that is used by the US military. It has been tested in combat and proven itself admirably.
It should come as no surprise that the export of this unit outside the US is forbidden. In other words: for US customers only.
The PVS-7 is both lightweight and rugged. It is also versatile. You can hand-hold it, mount it to a helmet, or strap it to your head. Let’s take a look at the features.
Features Of The Armasight PVS-7
- Compact and light weight design
- Rugged and waterproof, so you can use it anywhere
- Can mount to your head or a helmet, for hands-free use
- Controls are well-located and easy to use
- Has a built-in IR illuminator and a flood lens
- Limited two-year warranty
- Battery life of over 40 hours
- Automatic shut-off when exposed to bright light
“OMG. The specs on the data sheet were killer and this thing is a beast. 10/10 would buy again. Hit me up if you have any questions!”
“I had always wanted a pair since being in the service and doing 2 deployments to Iraq. I fell in love with being able to own the night! Showing everyone exactly how many stars is up there is always fun. Armasight has a IR illuminator for $125 that helps out a bunch! Hope this helps someone. Yeah, they are expensive, but the ones I got are just like the ones I had in ’03 and ’05.”
Where To Buy
This item can be hard to find at the store. However, you can easily purchase the Armasight PVS-7 on Amazon. You can also learn more in our full review.
Occer Compact Night Vision Binoculars
Occer 12x25 Compact Binoculars with Low Light Night Vision, Large Eyepiece High Power Waterproof...
- 【HIGH-POWERED LARGE EYEPIECE BINOCULARS】 This binoculars has 12x magnification, 25mm objective...
- 【ADJUSTABLE EYE CUPS FIT EYEGLASS WEARERS OR NOT】The binocs can be pull down the rubber...
- 【FMC BROADBAND COATING TECHNOLOGY】The lightweight cruise binoculars is cover with BAK4 prism...
- 【PORTABLE, COMPACT AND SMALL BINOCULARS DESIGN】 One hand can be mastered when you use the...
- 【DURABLE AND LIFE WATERPROOF, COMFORTABLE TOUCH】 The binoculars are made of ABS plastic and it...
Okay, so they’re not goggles, but these binoculars can make a nice choice for the tween or teen who is interested in spy stuff, but not the toys that little kids might like. That’s why I decided to include this bonus model on here, despite it being binoculars only.
- Low light night vision
- Large eyepiece
- Water resistant
- Great for traveling, bird-watching, hunting, or spy activities!
- 12x magnification
- Advanced technology
- Lightweight and small (can hold in the palm of your hand)
What People Are Saying About Them
“They are super light and small, but they perform just as well as my pair that are at least 5x more expensive. They do indeed work quite well in low light conditions and I couldn’t be happier with them. I’m planning on buying all the kids in my family a pair for their next birthday!”
“Your money is well spent with these binoculars if you’re looking for a smaller pair that works well with minimal fuss or hassle.”
“The focus on these things is very quick and easy, such that even a child can figure it out in a couple of minutes. They’re small enough just to throw in my backpack pretty much anywhere I go. I’m a bird-watcher, so never know when I’ll run across something interesting.”
Where To Buy Occer Binoculars
You can shop online for these today at amazon.com. You can also check out our full review of the Occer.
How Night Vision Works
A common question is, “How does night vision work?” Check out our article: Night Vision Explained, or watch this short video below:
Even More Spy Gear for Kids
Are you looking for more spy gear for kids besides these night vision spy glasses? Then check out our top picks in this article: best spy toys for kids.
Top Night Vision Spy Goggles: Your Thoughts
What are the best goggles for adults? And, what are the best goggles for kids? Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts.
Latest posts by Bobby Miller (see all)
- Stuffed Animal Spy Camera Review: Ideal Pick For A Nanny Cam? - August 7, 2019
- Portable Door Jammer Device Review: For Travel, Home Or Office - August 2, 2019
- Air Freshener Hidden Camera Review: The Ideal Nanny Cam? - August 1, 2019
Last update on 2020-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API