If you’re looking for a reasonably priced video doorbell with a ton of features, you’ll want to consider this one from Ring. It’s one of the best brands in the business and they have a ton of satisfied customers. Read our review and buying guide to help you decide if it’s right for you.
Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen) – 720p HD video, motion activated alerts, easy installation –...
- 720p HD video doorbell that lets you see, hear and speak to people from your phone, tablet, or...
- Get notifications whenever motion is detected by adjusting your motion zones.
- With Live View, you can check in on your home any time through the Ring app.
- Easily setup your Ring Video Doorbell by connecting to wifi via the Ring app and mounting in your...
- Powered by a built-in rechargeable battery or connects to existing doorbell wiring. With a Ring...
Review Of The Ring Video Doorbell
The Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell is yet another top-of-the-line security system on Amazon today. It has impressive features that provide full security in many households.
- Can connect to the smartphone or tablet for easy interaction at the doorstep
- Sends alerts in real time
- Functions through batteries or hardwired electricity
- Features clear night vision
- Easy to set up
- 720p HD video
- Free shipping
- Comes with manual and easy to follow instruction
- Lightweight and compact for easy-moving and transporting
- On demand viewing with the press of a button
- Works with Alexa
- 1 year warranty
- 180 degree field of view (slightly more than many other smart doorbells)
- More expensive than some other options
- Only functions with internet connection and WiFi
- May take quite longer to connect
- Some reports of poor customer service for people who received defective units
- Motion sensors may not work that well
- Even though it’s hard-wired, it may run out of battery unexpectedly
- The volume on the two-way audio is quite low for the people outside the door
- Audible click when recording starts
- Seems to only work with the paid cloud storage option ($3 per month, per device)
Parents will have peace of mind all day while they are out to work. And during the night, the whole family will be worry-free because they will know ahead if something strange is going on outside. They will be alerted if a thief is trying to enter their house.
“I enjoy being able to monitor my front door from work and it gives our family the added security we need.”
Top-Quality Device At An Affordable Price
The Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell is not a cheap device one can buy on bargain. In fact, it is a little bit more expensive than the other security devices available in the market.
However, if one discovers the things this security doorbell can do, he will realize it is worth the money. It may be expensive for some, but many households trust this product and highly recommend it.
And if you want to record anything, you’ll need to get the paid cloud storage option. It’s reasonably priced, but still adds to the expense of this home security device.
Wi-Fi Doorbell: Works with Any Device
The good thing about the Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell is that, it is compatible with any device. The user needs not go out anymore and face his visitors if he doesn’t feel like it. He can just see and talk to them via his tablet or mobile phone and the Ring app.
As far as the Ring app goes, it’s a nice piece of software that it very easy to use and is relatively free of bugs, unlike some of the other devices on the market.
Perfect If You Can’t Get To The Door Easily
This is a great must-have too, for people with disability or those having a hard time walking from inside their house to the doorstep. They can just interact with the people knocking at their door through the device. As long as there is Internet and WiFi connection, this innovative security gadget works efficiently.
One of the best things, in theory is that you can get alerts and a photo to your Smartphone when motion is detected outside your door.
However, many of the negative reviews on Amazon mentioned that this didn’t really work that well. It’s either too sensitive and activates for cars passing by on the street, is delayed and captures backsides as people are walking away, or just failed to trigger at all.
Where To Buy It
The Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell is available online. You can often get free shipping with Amazon Prime:
Compare Video Doorbells
If you want to compare the best in home protection and security for smart doorbells, be sure to check out our article that reviews and compares the best peephole door cameras on the market.
What’s Included With The Ring Smart Doorbell?
In the box you can find:
- Ring doorbell
- Mountain brackets
- Tools and screws you need for installation
- USB charging cable
- User manual
- Security sticker
What Do People Think?
“Easy to install and use. I’ve been using it for a few months now and haven’t had a single problem with it. My only real issue is that the motion detector is a little bit too sensitive and I get a ton of alerts for cars on the road, or people on the sidewalk in front of my house.”
“It works pretty well as advertised, but just be aware that it’s not really a substitute for a top-quality security camera. Makes sense, right for a product that’s around a hundred bucks? There’s a bit of a delay in the recording after motion is detected and I get a few alerts with peoples’ backsides in them. Setup took just a few minutes even for someone who is not tech savvy.”
“Works well, but only if it has a very solid Wi-Fi connection, so make sure your router is close enough. Otherwise there seems to be kind of a big delay with the 2-way audio. In theory, it records at 720p, but it looks like much lower quality than that, especially at night. But for the price? It’s good enough.”
Ring Doorbell Video Review
Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Smart Doorbell Review: Conclusion
Are you not the ‘entertainer’ type of person but there are days when you cannot avoid visitors? If you want to scrutinize first the people visiting you before inviting them to get in, invest in a high-quality doorbell camera.
Protect Your Home And Family
The Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell is undoubtedly worth spending for. If you review the features of this Amazon favorite, you’ll realize that one-time spending is worth it especially if it means to save the life of your loved ones.
Easy To Install
There’s one special feature you’ll definitely love about this security gadget. It functions efficiently with dual power connections. This video doorbell runs on a built-in battery you can recharge or the doorbell wiring that already exists wherever you intend to install it.
Speak Remotely To People At Your Door
The Ring Wi-Fi Smart Doorbell is perfect for solo-living, too. An individual who’s doing an important errand inside the house and cannot just go out to attend to visitors will find this product very helpful. Since this camera doorbell allows the user to see ahead and speak to the people at his doorstep remotely, no extra efforts needed here.
If you have a hard time getting around and your front entrance is down the stairs from your main living space, this could be exactly what you need.
Where To Buy It?
Go to Amazon to purchase the Ring Smart Doorbell today.
Ring Video Doorbell: Your Thoughts
What are your thoughts about this popular video door viewer? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. Also be sure to give this a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- How To View Dash Cam Footage (On Various Devices) - January 14, 2021
- How To Get Police Dash Cam Video (That Could Save Your Butt) - January 12, 2021
- What To Look For In A Dash Cam (And What You Can Ignore) - January 10, 2021
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API