Do you have a peephole in your door, but hate how someone can see if you’re looking out at them or not?
Did you know that someone can actually see right back into your apartment?
All they need is a reverse peephole viewer, which you can buy on Amazon for very little. With that, they can look right through your peephole and see everything inside.
Scary, right? So what can you do?
Get a peephole cover. It is a simple low-tech way to ensure no one uses your peephole to peep on you.
Keep on reading our buying guide, packed with information about our recommendations for the top door viewer covers.
Comparison Of The Best Peephole Covers
Why Consider Peephole Covers?
There are a number of situations in which you might consider using a door peephole cover. Here are just a few of them.
You Want To Protect Your Young Kids At Home
Did you know that there are some devices such as this Reverse Peephole Viewer (the link will take you to Amazon) that allows someone on the outside to see what’s on the inside? Protect against this by covering it up with a peephole cover plate.
You Have A Video Doorbell Or Wifi Security Camera
If you have a video doorbell or WiFi security camera, then it won’t be necessary to have a working peephole. Prevent people from using this to look inside your home if you’re able to monitor who’s at your door in a more secure way.
Ideal For Traveling
If you’re traveling and don’t like the idea of someone being able to look through your peephole using a reverse viewer, then you’ll need to get one of these covers. It’s less on a big deal in your home when chances are, all that someone will see if your entrance way filled with shoes or coats.
But, for smaller rooms where there’s a direct view of you sleeping from the peephole? It’s not ideal. You can use a privacy peephole cover for dorm rooms, cruise ships, hotels, etc.
Best Door Viewer Covers Reviewed
Okay, let’s get to our top picks to help ensure that you’re getting the privacy you need, either at home, at your business, or when traveling.
SPEyeGuard Portable Peephole Cover
Speyeguard Portable Peephole Cover, White (with Logo), PXPL-WX-WX
- Safeguards against external tampering
- Protect against illicit spying with reverse peephole viewer
- Easy to operate; insert cover into door viewer, pull to view
- Includes two sizes to fit 3/8-inch and 5/8-inch door viewers
- Suitable for apartment, dorm, house, hotel and cruise ship
If you’re looking for a simple device that allows you to cover your door viewer, but also has the option to lift it up and look through it, then this SPEYEGUARD makes a nice choice. Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Ideal travel accessory
- Protects against external tampering and spying
- Includes a small and large cover that will fit most standard peepholes
What Are People Saying About It
“Really happy with this! The bigger one is now on my door at home, and the small one is with my travel luggage to take with me on my next business trip. I hate the idea that people can look inside my peephole to see what’s going on, but this thing helps to prevent it.”
“Snaps in place really easily, looks nice and not too noticeable. Overall, very happy with this and love that I have a bit more privacy now.”
You can easily find this top-quality anti-spy gear on Amazon.com. Check now for the lowest prices and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with an Amazon Prime membership:
Peephole Guard Simple Covers
Next up on our list is a device that’s even simpler than the one above. You just have to peel and stick and because it doesn’t actually fit on the peephole, but above it, it’ll work with any size. Here are more details about this popular option.
- Protect your privacy
- Easy installation (peel and stick)
- Single or double packs available
- Small and compact (ideal for traveling)
“Works quite well and is very easy to install. My only complaint is that it’s so light in color and allows background light to filter through it. It’s an easy fix though, just take a black sharpie and color the back side of it.”
“Super happy with it and it only takes a second to install.”
Can I DIY This?
If you take a look at the design of this one, you’ll notice that it’s very simple. If you are handy with basic tools, you can model your own DIY peephole cover after this one.
Where Can I Buy It?
You can easily find this top-quality anti-spy device online. Check now for the best prices on this, along with all sorts of home or business security gear:
SPEyeGuard Fixed Metal Peephole Cover
Privacy Logic Speyeguard Fixed Peephole Cover, Brushed Nickel, Metal Plated Finish
- Slides up to view, self-closes to cover peephole with no assistance needed
- 100% Reliable, outperforms swing and swivel style covers
- Installs over existing door viewer, does not require viewer to be disassembled
- Protects against external tampering and illicit spying with reverse peephole viewer
- Attractive design in modern finishes to complement door hardware
Next up on our list is another one from SP Eye Guard. They make some of the best door viewer covers on the market today. This ones is a more permanent solution that screws into your door and has a plate that you can lift up if you want to see what’s happening outside.
- Very durable (won’t bend or break)
- Automatic self-closing
- Installs over existing door viewers
- ADA compliant
“Very nice and way more stylish than most of the other options out there. Love that this one screws into the door and is a more permanent solution.”
“I didn’t want anyone being able to see into my one-room apartment as my bed is directly in front of the door. This was a nice purchase that helps to prevent spying.”
Where Can I Get It?
You can find this top-quality security device online. Click the button below to learn more about it:
Defender Security S 5084 Portable Plastic Cover
Defender Security S 5084 Portable Door Viewer Privacy Covers, White Plastic Construction, 2 Sizes:...
- Used to cover door viewers and peepholes for privacy in hotels, apartments, offices, homes, dorms,...
- One cover has a 3/8 in. outside diameter and the other has a 7/16 in. outside diameter for use with...
- The ribbed tip of the split stem acts as the fastener for these portable door viewer privacy covers
- Constructed of plastic
- White in color
Next up on our list is this peephole privacy cover that’s ideal for people who are traveling and worried about staying in a hotel room with a peephole. It comes in a pack of two and one of them should fit almost all door viewers. Here are some more details about it.
- Comes in a pack of 2 (small and large)
- Made from plastic
- Also ideal for dorms
“Works well and doesn’t cost a ton of money. Small and light enough that you can just throw it into your suitcase or even carry on luggage.”
“I hate the thought of people looking through a peephole into my hotel room, so I carry this thing with me whenever I travel. It’s a nice security device.”
Is it exactly what you need to say safe when you’re on vacation? You can easily pick them up online. Click the button below to order yours today:
Rockguard 620VC.CRM Brass Door Viewer Cover
Rockwood 620VC.CRM Brass 160-degree Door Viewer Cover for 620 Door Viewer, Bright Chrome Finish...
- Brass door viewer cover with a bright chrome finish for use with Rockwood 620 door viewer
- The bright chrome finish matches the bright chrome finish on the Rockwood 620.CRM door viewer (sold...
If you’re looking for a large package of affordably priced peephole door covers (for a dormitory, hotel, etc.) then this package from Rockguard might be your best best. Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Package of 10
- Chrome finish
- Made from durable brass
- Compatible with the RockWood Door Viewer
What Do People Think About It?
“Works perfect for a 12 mm peephole, too bad they came in a pack of 10 though because I only needed two of them!”
“I have the Rockwood Peephole and wanted something to fit over it. This one worked well and it’s also super easy to install.”
Learn More About This Peephole Cover
Does it sound like the right security device for you? Head over to Amazon.com to find out more about it.
Reverse Peephole Security: Some Things To Keep In Mind
Check Out This DIY Peephole Cover
Top Peephole Covers: Your Thoughts
What’s your top pick for peephole door cover? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- Complete Guide To Children’s Internet Safety - February 17, 2021
- Staying Safe Online: Complete Guide For You And Your Family - February 11, 2021
- What To Look For When Buying A Home Security Camera System - February 6, 2021
Last update on 2021-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API