The Brinno Digital Peephole is one of the most affordable door viewer cameras on the market, at least among those that are any good. Naturally, you sacrifice some features in exchange for the lower price.
What features and are they ones you need? We’ll cover that and more in our review of the Brinno Peephole Camera. By the end, you’ll be able to decide whether this is the right model for your needs, or whether a different one is better suited for you.
Brinno Front Door Peephole Security Camera- Motion Detection - Knocking Sensor- Easy to Install-...
- MOTION AND KNOCKING DETECTION: If you are home or away from all activity at your front door will...
- SECURE YOUR HOME: Family and loved one's security was first and foremost when creating the Brinno...
- QUICK AND EASY INSTALL: Installing the SHC1000 will only take a few minutes and doesn't require any...
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Since the SHC1000 is wire-free we wanted to make sure the batteries will last a...
- THEFT PROOF: Unlike other doorbell cameras that are left outside for thieves to steal. The Brinno...
Brinno Peephole Door Camera Review
If you’re looking to beef up your home security, then consider this door viewer by Brinno. The way it works is that you need an existing peephole door viewer. You attach this camera from Brinno to it, and it allows you to see who’s at your door on the LCD screen inside your home.
The best part? It’s the easiest peephole door viewer to install of any of the products we’ve reviewed. The company says five minutes, but there are reviewers on Amazon who mentioned it taking even less time. It really is that easy.
Economical Home Security
Among home security systems, there are two basic kinds. The first one are devices that require a subscription service of some kind such as the Amazon Cloud Cam, Then, there are devices which support an SD card or that attach to a hard drive and thus don’t require a monthly fee.
In general, we think that the options not requiring monthly subscriptions offer better value for the money. What about Brinno? It has room for up to a 32 GB security card, and you’ll only pay for this thing once, not month after month!
Here are some of the things that you’ll love about the Brinno Door Viewer.
- Motion and knocking detector, with automatic recording onto an SD card
- Supports up to a 32 GB card
- Date stamp on all images
- Can see who’s outside by looking at the LCD screen inside your home
- Installation takes only a few minutes
- Theft-proof (completely inside your home)
- Batteries should last for about six months (included)
Where To Buy The Brinno Peephole Camera
The best place to find this door viewer camera is on Amazon. You can check it out here and also see the current price.
- No monthly subscription fees
- Very easy installation
- Time and date stamp with all images
- Tamper-proof as everything is inside your home
Sample Footage From The Brinno Security Camera
- Some reports that the motion activation system didn’t work that well
- Delay between motion activation and image capture (a weakness of most battery operated machines)
- Batteries are a little bit difficult to replace
- Images are not accessible via phone app or remotely as far as we can tell
- Angle of view is only 120 degrees, which is not always wide enough, depending on what’s in front of your door
No Phone App?
As far as we can tell, there’s no remote access with Brinno. This means you can’t view who’s at your door from a remote location on your smartphone. You have to actually be by your door to see who’s on the other side.
Many other companies have alerts for motion detection, and then a phone app that allows you to view the footage in real time. That said, those models are generally more expensive.
If you want a reasonably priced device that’s easy to install, allows you to see who’s outside without opening the door and can take pictures of that person, Brinno is a great choice. If you want alerts and remote viewing, check out some of the other options in our article comparing the top peephole door viewers.
“My condo unit doesn’t allow any modifications to the door, including adding a doorbell so that rules out many of the smart doorbell options. I went with Brinno because you don’t have to modify the peephole in any way, and most people wouldn’t even notice it was there. It worked well for me.”
“It was super easy to install, and the picture quality is excellent, considering how dim my hallway lights are. No more blindly opening the door to random people!”
“The motion sensor is a little bit too sensitive for outside movements like trees, or cars passing by. But, I think it could work well if you lived in a condo unit or apartment.”
Brinno Door Viewer Review Conclusion
If you’re looking for an economical choice for a door viewer, then this one from Brinno makes a nice option. We love how easy it is to install and the fact that it took non-handy people less than five minutes to do. It really is that easy to be able to see who’s outside your door from a screen inside your home.
The other thing we love about Brinno is that there’s space for up to a 32 GB SD card. This allows you to record and access the footage from your computer, without having to rely on monthly cloud service which can get quite expensive.
Buy The Brinno Peephole Door Camera
Sound like the home security device for you? Check out the Brinno Door Viewer Camera on Amazon.
How Does It Compare?
Brinno is one of the lower cost digital doorbells on the market, but the lower price comes with some sacrifices. It really depends on whether you need additional features, a wider angle of view, or a more solid build quality.
Check out the best models on the market in our article comparing the top peephole door viewers.
How To Install This Video Doorbell
It’s easier than ever to install this video peephole door viewer. Here are a few simple steps you can follow:
- Remove your existing peephole and replace it with this one
- Make sure the batteries (included, 4 AA) are in the unit
- Snap the camera onto the base
- That’s it!
It really is that easy and most people find that they’re able to do it within a few minutes.
Brinno Peephole Camera Unboxing And Installation Video
Brinno Door Viewer: Your Thoughts
What are your thoughts about this peephole camera? Leave a comment below and let us know if it’s a win, or if you’re considering another brand.
Latest posts by Damon Kennedy (see all)
- Tenvis Wireless IP Camera With Night Vision Review - October 11, 2019
- Q-See Camera Review: The Right Home Or Business Security Solution? - August 6, 2019
- Best Hidden Office Cameras For Covert Monitoring - August 1, 2019
Last update on 2019-10-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API