Motion detectors are great, but who can afford them?
They’re just for people with mansions, right?
No, not anymore. You’ll be surprised to see just how affordable even quality motion sensors have become.
These days, everyone can incorporate motions sensors in their home security setup. But just because they can, does that mean they should?
If you have other security devices to protect your home, like surveillance cameras or sliding door locks, for example, then you should also get some motion sensors. Now that you can get them for very little, it only makes sense to have that extra protection.
But which ones to get? There are so many to choose from.
I know. And most are no good. That’s why we’ve done the research and narrowed them down to just the best. And we’ve included models for every budget. Let’s take a look.
Best Motion Detector Alarms Compared
Best Motion Sensor Alarms Reviewed
The following motion detector alarm systems are our favorite among the many options on the market. We included models in every budget, but you’ll see that even the most expensive cost far less that you probably expected.
1byone Wireless Driveway Alarm
Driveway Alarm Wireless Outside, 1byone Motion Sensor Alarm 1000 FT Range Extra Loud Chimes Home...
- ✔ Wireless Motion Sensor Alarm - Motion detectors are essential in a home security system. It can...
- ✔ Reliable & Realistic Range - Driveway alarm are sensitive to detect motion from vehicles or...
- ✔ 3 Alert Options - There are three types of alert settings：Alarm ring/door ring, LED...
- ✔ Super Easy to Install & Diy - Takes only a few minutes to set up. Outdoor motion sensor alarm...
- ✔ Excellent Quality - We stand our products 100% with a 90-day Return. And we offer an...
If you visit 1byone’s website, you’ll find that the company sells a lot more than alarms. While the home security section is admittedly a lot smaller than the other sections, the few options that this vendor does have are worth checking out.
The company’s wireless home security alarm is especially worth checking out for our purposes.
There are many things to love about this motion sensor alarm. It’s weatherproof, has a reliable range of up to 328 ft (100 m) and 3 alert choices, and uses a state-of-the-art passive-infrared (PIR) to detect any movement within the detection zone.
The alarm is also expandable. This means you can add up to 50 sensors to the system, as well as multiple receivers. This comes in handy if you have more than one driveway alarm or if you have several areas you want to cover.
No product, though, is without its flaws.
This alarm runs on 1.5V type C batteries, which means less battery life than some of the competing units. You’ll have to pay more attention to your battery levels. Some users have also complained about the fact that each device you connect to the unit uses the same alarm sound. It would be nice to have different tones for different alarms.
Overall, though, this is a high-quality senor alarm at a very affordable price. That is why it is our top budget pick overall. You can check it out on Amazon by clicking the button below the review video.
eMACROS Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm
1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor &...
- eMacros ADVANTAGE-30 years+ solar driveway alarm wireless and solar driveway alert system produced...
- EASY TO INSTALL- Quick Start Guide has you operational in minutes. Can expandable up to 4 sensors...
- SUPER LONG RECEIVING RANGE - 1/2 mile (in ideal situations). Our range is the 1/2 mile competitors...
- EXCELLENT QUALITY - Outdoor driveway alert sensor system is made with industrial-grade PVC housing,...
- EXTREMELY RELIABLE - Much time went into developing and testing our reliable Infrared outdoor...
Unlike 1byone, eMacros is specialized in driveway sensor alarms and has over 30 years experience manufacturing them. Unsurprisingly, this model is the highest quality option on this list. There are higher quality ones out there, but they cost far more. This one is the best at a reasonable price.
You have several options when buying this alarm: you can get just the receiver unit, just the sensor, or a package of one receiver with one or two sensors.
One of the best features is that the sensor is solar-powered. That means you do not need to run cables to power the unit or remember to recharge or replace the batteries. It powers during the day and stores plenty of charge to work all night. You can also power it using a power adapter, if you prefer.
Unlike the 1byone model above, this one has four different chimes to choose from, so you can assign unique chimes to different areas, so that you always know which sensor was triggered.
The system has a half-mile range, but that is under ideal conditions. All systems perform much worse under difficult conditions, but this one still performs admirably. It easily gives a 1500 foot wireless range in even through thick forests, hail storms, strong winds and heavy rains or snow.
This is one of the most reliable and most durable systems on the market. It outperforms many much more expensive models, making it a great value. That’s why this is out top pick overall. You can get more info on Amazon.
Bosch Security Video ISC-BPR2-WP12 Blue Line
Bosch specializes in security systems, so you won’t be shocked to find some great alarms on the company’s site. The Bosch ISC-BPR2-WP12 Blue Line our favorite.
In addition to the regular model, they also have a pet-friendly one available. The pet-friendly model can differentiate between small animals and larger intruders. This is great if you have pets. It can be quite annoying if your alarm is constantly triggered by your furry friends.
The biggest difference between this sensor and the previous two is that this one is not waterproof. It is meant for indoor use. It can be used in conjunction with an security system you employ, making this a flexible solution for motion detection inside your home or garage.
This is a wired unit. That means you need to connect it to your security system base unit. The nice thing is that it also gets its power that way, so there is no need for batteries. It always has a power supply, meaning you have one less thing to worry about.
This sensor is a great option for indoors. It is very inexpensive and you can easily buy many of them, so that you can detect motion in every strategic location in your home. Head to Amazon to learn more.
TouchXel Motion Sensor Alarm
Driveway Alarm Wireless Outsite, Motion Sensor Alarm with 1000 FT Range Extra Loud Chimes Home...
- Reliable Distance Range : Communication range up to 300m / 1000ft (distance from the sensors to the...
- Adjustable Volume and Mode : The alarm in the receiver has a ring volume up to 100dB with 3 alert...
- Multiple Application : Perfect for keep you informed with a little warning before guests or...
- Advice for Installation : Keep the PIR sensors in a clear path to the receiver and do not place the...
- Power Source : You can either use 3 x 1.5V type C batteries (not included) or AC power adapter (not...
The TouchXel system is another great indoor solution that sells at a budget price. It makes an especially good option if you just want to set it up quickly since the sensors are not wired, but run on batteries.
This system includes a receiver, which plugs into any outlet, and two sensors, which run on 3 AAA batteries each The batteries are not included.
The system has a working range of up to 1000 feet (300 meters). That is the distance at which you can place the sensors from the receiver. This is more than enough for most properties.
If you need a larger distance, you can purchase additional receivers, but you would not be able to have the alert you in a single location. You would be better off with a different system for a very large property.
The sensors are great to place by front doors, window frames and anywhere else you want to be alerted of motion. You can also use them on driveways or walking paths, but need to make sure they are under cover, since they are not waterproof.
Another great use is for store owners who can use them to get an alert when customers enteri their store, if they are often busy in a different room or location. And, of course, anywhere in your home you want to be alerted to motion.
The TouchXel motion sensor system is available on Amazon Click below to check it out now.
SadoTech Starpoint Expandable Wireless Doorbell
STARPOINT Expandable Wireless Doorbell Magnetic Mini Door Open Chime System - Base Starter Kit, 52...
- WANT TO LISTEN TO OUR CHIMES/RINGTONES BEFORE YOU BUY. GO AHEAD - Just SCROLL DOWN to the Technical...
- The STARPOINT is a CONFIGURABLE and EXPANDABLE doorbell system that can EASILY ADD on 20+ more extra...
- Multiple receivers can be configured to RING WITH DIFFERENT chimes/ringtones to let you know which...
- [52 CHIMES with ADJUSTABLE VOLUMES] This series offers 52 variety of chimes with 4 adjustable...
- Base start kit includes 1 plugin receiver and 1 remote window/door sensors, double sided stickers,...
SadoTech sells doorbells. And that is what makes this system unique on this list. It is a doorbell combined with motion sensor. It is meant specifically to sense when someone approaches your door.
It is an expandable system, however, so you can add as many motion detectors, receivers, door sensors, chimes, and transmitter buttons as you need.
The doorbell system includes 502 different ring tones. You can preview them before you buy, to make sure there are some you like. You will, after all, be living with the ringtone every day for a long time.
The receiver unit plug into any outlet. It connects to the sensor wirelessly, so there is not need to run any wires. The sensor runs on battery power, meaning you can place it anywhere you like, regardless of power availability.
You can find this doorbell sensor on Amazon. Click the button below to head there now.
A Motion Sensor Alarm Needs Help
Hopefully, one of the alarms we talked about here appeals to you. If not, we hope that we’ve given you a good starting point for your search for a nice motion sensor alarm.
Of course, motion sensors are only part of an effective security system. The most important component to effectively protect your home or office are security cameras. If you are looking for those as well, check out our article comparing the top wireless security cameras.
- What To Do If Your Identity Is Stolen (Complete Guide) - April 28, 2021
- Convert Home Security System To Self Monitoring (The Right Way) - April 16, 2021
- Best Outdoor PTZ Security Camera (Reviews And Comparison) - April 14, 2021
Last update on 2021-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API